Ground to absorb Express

Oldfart

Another good day in the stock market. Oh bacha can't even catch a break when he is happy the stock MIGHT go down.

I think when congress repealed the Carly Simon act, it had a very positive affect on the stock market. That legislation has been a burden ever since it was passed.

bacha29

Another good day in the stock market. Oh bacha can't even catch a break when he is happy the stock MIGHT go down.

I think when congress repealed the Carly Simon act, it had a very positive affect on the stock market. That legislation has been a burden ever since it was passed.
Your so vain you probably think this post is about you. One stock does not make the the DJIA Transportation Index . Despite being up a little today it's still off more than 6% from it's 52 week high.

Oldfart

Your so vain you probably think this post is about you. One stock does not make the the DJIA Transportation Index . Despite being up a little today it's still off more than 6% from it's 52 week high.

Fella, a business brain you are not. It was up over $4 today or over 2% and is only down 2% from it's 52 week high. Are you that stupid that you can't read a stock quote or work a calculator? Mercy, just when you think your ignorance has hit an all time low, you find a way to go even lower.

I hear you bet the farm and bought a ton of Sears Holdings. I imagine you think it's a good buy right now. Why don't you enlighten us and talk your mumble jumble about today's business news.

bacha29

Fella, a business brain you are not. It was up over $4 today or over 2% and is only down 2% from it's 52 week high. Are you that stupid that you can't read a stock quote or work a calculator? Mercy, just when you think your ignorance has hit an all time low, you find a way to go even lower.

I hear you bet the farm and bought a ton of Sears Holdings. I imagine you think it's a good buy right now. Why don't you enlighten us and talk your mumble jumble about today's business news.
Unlike yourself my modest portfolio does NOT evolve around one single stock issue. In fact your ignorant little world evolves around that one company and it's stock. Let me tell you a little story In 1997 Smith called Sullivan not the other way around. RPS was doing just fine and would still be doing so today but your hero desperate to get into the ground box business some way and unable to bear the start up costs offered Sullivan 2 billion in stock .That's right just stock . Didn't have the cash. Then 2008 rolls around, here comes the crash and despite the worst recession in 80 years Ground continued to grow and still managed to turn a 10% operating margin. You can brag about your stock price all you want but it's events such as this which neither you or I have any control over which dictates the price of this and any stock for that matter. And I would love to see what your precious stock would be worth today if Sullivan had turned down Smith's unsolicited that's right unsolicited offer. And oh by the way simply because you lack the brain activity to understand the numbers I place in front of you doesn't necessarily make it ....."mumble jumble". Surprising that you would describe it as such given your superior investment knowledge and success.

Oldfart

Unlike yourself my modest portfolio does NOT evolve around one single stock issue. In fact your ignorant little world evolves around that one company and it's stock. Let me tell you a little story In 1997 Smith called Sullivan not the other way around. RPS was doing just fine and would still be doing so today but your hero desperate to get into the ground box business some way and unable to bear the start up costs offered Sullivan 2 billion in stock .That's right just stock . Didn't have the cash. Then 2008 rolls around, here comes the crash and despite the worst recession in 80 years Ground continued to grow and still managed to turn a 10% operating margin. You can brag about your stock price all you want but it's events such as this which neither you or I have any control over which dictates the price of this and any stock for that matter. And I would love to see what your precious stock would be worth today if Sullivan had turned down Smith's unsolicited that's right unsolicited offer. And oh by the way simply because you lack the brain activity to understand the numbers I place in front of you doesn't necessarily make it ....."mumble jumble". Surprising that you would describe it as such given your superior investment knowledge and success.
LOL

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, amirite?
Just because he's overdoing it doesn't mean you have to, LOL.

The loss of the RLA exemption would allow Ground and Express to do whatever they want with each other. So why keep it? Hubs and ramps.

bacha29

Not to reignite an over heated argument but have you guys been paying attention to what Schneider National was been doing and saying these past few days?

bacha29

IPO. What of it?
Yesterday Schneider CEO Chris Lofgren talked on CNBC about the company's plans for expansion driven by E-Commerce growth and and this is Lofgren talking not me anticipated Trump administration efforts to successfully deregulate the trucking industry.Now unless YOU are also a CEO of a corporation of equal size then I suggest that you give the man his just due and not do what you always do and that is ridicule and dismiss everything someone else has to say. This man has the street cred to back up what he's saying .

It will be fine

Yesterday Schneider CEO Chris Lofgren talked on CNBC about the company's plans for expansion driven by E-Commerce growth and and this is Lofgren talking not me anticipated Trump administration efforts to successfully deregulate the trucking industry.Now unless YOU are also a CEO of a corporation of equal size then I suggest that you give the man his just due and not do what you always do and that is ridicule and dismiss everything someone else has to say. This man has the street cred to back up what he's saying .
What kind of deregulation? I wouldn't mind relaxing the emmisions standards so I could delete the DEF systems on my new diesels.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
From what I researched, the man is discussing Truckload Freight. What exactly does that have to do with Express, Ground, or UPS for that matter? Everyone in the freight forwarding business should be addressing the E-commerce growth phenomenon, right? Shrug.

bacha29

Schneider is already doing some final mile e commerce residential delivery and wants to expand in that area and appears to focusing on Ground's market. What inroads they make and what kind regulatory relaxation they are afforded is a point of discussion for you industry experts.

It will be fine

If they are that much of a pain and it's a long standing fact that they are why didn't you get gasoline or nat gas fueled units?
I haven't really had many problems with DEF, but if you delete them you get better horsepower and better mileage. I still trust deisel engines for longevity.