Ground Zero Mosque opens! Wheres the outrage from the right?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The ground zero mosque opened with NO PROTESTS, and no coverage from FOXED SPEWS or the Tea Party? What?
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-09-22/local/30206176_1_sharif-el-gamal-park51-art-exhibit

Didnt they both know that "YOU ALL" needed your outrage for the day? Didnt they both know you guys wouldnt know what to do with yourselves if they didnt tell you guys what to think??

Im shocked!

All that outrage earlier in the year, and nOw, not a pEeP out of any of you?

Whats this world coming to when your heads arent filled with phoney outrage?

You guys failed me. I thought you would all spend hours on here crying about the horror and the shame of a mosque being built in NYC.

Goes to show, if youre not TOLD what to think, you dont think for yourselves.

Peace.

The ground zero mosque opened with NO PROTESTS, and no coverage from FOXED SPEWS or the Tea Party? What?
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-09-22/local/30206176_1_sharif-el-gamal-park51-art-exhibit

Didnt they both know that "YOU ALL" needed your outrage for the day? Didnt they both know you guys wouldnt know what to do with yourselves if they didnt tell you guys what to think??

Im shocked!

All that outrage earlier in the year, and nOw, not a pEeP out of any of you?

Whats this world coming to when your heads arent filled with phoney outrage?

You guys failed me. I thought you would all spend hours on here crying about the horror and the shame of a mosque being built in NYC.

Goes to show, if youre not TOLD what to think, you dont think for yourselves.

Peace.
I didn't know they officially opened today, not outraged, wasn't from the start of the coverage of this. I have said(when it was a hot topic) that the muslims had the constitutional right to build the mosque. I also said and still believe it to be a very insensitive thing for them to do. Hardly a sign of compassion for their fellow human of differing beliefs.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
[video=youtube;oaQBrTROj2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaQBrTROj2w&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Ground Zero Mosque

Mosque at Ground Zero

I am truly perplexed that so many people are against a mosque being built at Ground Zero. I think it should be the goal of every American to be tolerant. Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, "The Turban Cowboy", which would be gay, and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot." Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called " Iraq o' Ribs."

Across the street there could be a lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret," with sexy mannequins with short burkas in the window modeling the goods. Next door to the lingerie shop, a liquor store called "Morehammered".

"All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved. If you agree with promoting tolerance, and you think this is a good plan, please pass it on, for the sake of tolerance.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Re: Ground Zero Mosque

Park51 (originally named Cordoba House) is a planned 13-story Islamic community center in Lower Manhattan. The majority of the center will be open to the general public and its proponents have said the center will promote interfaith dialogue.
The proposed multi-faith aspects of the design include a 500-seat auditorium, theater, a performing arts center, a fitness center, a swimming pool, a basketball court, a childcare area, a bookstore, a culinary school, an art studio, a food court, and a memorial to the victims of the September 11 attacks. The prayer space for the Muslim community will accommodate 1,000–2,000 people.
And look they are hiring too,
Hiring Immediately:
Director of Development
$42k-52k annual pro-rated depending on qualifications.

Sharif El-Gamal, the center's developer, said the overall center is modeled after the Jewish Community Center on Manhattan's Upper West Side.

Park51's first major event is an exhibit of Danny Goldfield's NYChildren project, which aims to photograph a child from every country in the world living in New York City.​

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Approximately 1.5 billion of the worlds Muslims did not commit an act of terrorism yesterday. Nor will they commit one today.

Timothy McVeigh, the terrorist murderer who detonated the OKC bomb, claimed to be a Christian.

The Ku Klux Klan claims to be a Christian organization.

The terrorists who shoot doctors and bomb abortion clinics claim to be Christians.

Just sayin'.............................

moreluck

golden ticket member
the 1.5 billion Muslims you speak of all believe in the Koran.................the Koran teaches them to kill us. They teach the kids in school that we are the devil.

That's all I need to know!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
the 1.5 billion Muslims you speak of all believe in the Koran.................the Koran teaches them to kill us. They teach the kids in school that we are the devil.

PLease point out the "schools" that teach such a thing.

Peace

TOS

soberups

Not true.

You are lumping all Muslim sects (Shia, Sunni, Wahhabi, Sufi, Alawite) into one category. That is also known as "bigotry".

Would it be fair to judge all Christians by the actions of, say, the Fundamentalist Church of LDS that practice child marriage(rape) and polygamy(enslavement of women)?

Would it be fair to assume that all Christians handle poisonous snakes?

Would it be fair to assume that the psychos from the Westboro Baptist Church who picket the funerals of our servicemen shouting hate speech against homosexuals reflect the views of all Christians?

Would it be fair to assume that the Ku Klux Klan represents the religious and political beliefs of all Christians?

While it is true that in Islam (as in Christianity) there are sects such as the Wahhabi that denigrate women to the point of denying them all civil rights, it is also true that there are Islamic nations such as Pakistan and Inonesia that have had women Prime Ministers in their elected governments.

The moral of this story is that the world and its people are complicated, and facts are always more accurate than sound bytes and stereotypes.

brett636

Moreluck using the word all was probably not the best terminology, but its a simple fact that in order to be a good Muslim the Quran requires that muslims engage in some level of violence against non believers up to and including murdering them if they refuse to convert. Islam is the worlds largest and most violent religion, and today's terrorist groups and actions support this fact every single day.

wkmac

Not true.

You are lumping all Muslim sects (Shia, Sunni, Wahhabi, Sufi, Alawite) into one category. That is also known as "bigotry".

Would it be fair to judge all Christians by the actions of, say, the Fundamentalist Church of LDS that practice child marriage(rape) and polygamy(enslavement of women)?

Would it be fair to assume that the psychos from the Westboro Baptist Church who picket the funerals of our servicemen shouting hate speech against homosexuals reflect the views of all Christians?

Would it be fair to assume that the Ku Klux Klan represents the religious and political beliefs of all Christians?

While it is true that in Islam (as in Christianity) there are sects such as the Wahhabi that denigrate women to the point of denying them all civil rights, it is also true that there are Islamic nations such as Pakistan and Inonesia that have had women Prime Ministers in their elected governments.

The moral of this story is that the world and its people are complicated, and facts are always more accurate than sound bytes and stereotypes.

Good points Sober and you might find what my favorite astrophysicist Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson spoke of in regards to Islam 1000 years ago of interest. So few either understand or want to acknowledge what Islamic culture brought us before it's knees were chopped out from under it.

[video=youtube;iiW4SuLZRH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiW4SuLZRH8[/video]

It's also a good lesson for us as to how quick a Westboro Baptist or other extreme movement can drastically derail an advanced or advancing culture.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not true.

Isn't it also true that the Koran also teaches honor killing???

If they believe in the Koran, then I don't believe in them, I ignore, deny their existence, whatever you want to call it. They have killed in this town.......of course it was their own family (daughters, mother and mother -in-law).

soberups

Do all Muslims believe in the Koran??

Do all Christians believe in the Bible?

According to the Bible, my wife should be required to go live in a tent in the back yard during her menstrual period.

According to the Bible, if I should die then my brother (if I had one) should take my wife as his property.

According to the Bible, we should not consume shellfish or pork.

According to the Bible, I should not wear clothing at the same time made from two different fabrics

According to the Bible, prostitutes or those who worship false idols (Muslims perhaps?) should be put to death by stoning.

I could go on all day, cherry-picking select phrases from the Old Testament to justify whatever outrageous biases or predjudices I might happen to have. A minority of Christians do this all the time. I am sure that a minority of Muslims do also. I have no doubt that there are many obscure passages and phrases in the Koran, advocating violence against nonbelievers, that have been translated into different languages over the centuries. I have no doubt that there are Muslim extremists who will distort and misinterpret the meaning of those phrases to justify appalling acts of violence against non-believers, just as there are Christian bigots who will distort and misinterpret the meaning of those phrases in order to justify their predjudice against Islam (or any other religion) as a whole.

At the end of the day, we are still left with the fact that over 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide did not commit an act of terrorism today, nor will they do so tomorrow.

soberups

Isn't it also true that the Koran also teaches honor killing???

If they believe in the Koran, then I don't believe in them, I ignore, deny their existence, whatever you want to call it. They have killed in this town.......of course it was their own family (daughters, mother and mother -in-law).

Denying the existence of 1.5 billion human beings is not only stupid, it is pointless. They occupy this planet just as you and I do, and they arent going away.

Assuming that all 1.5 billion of those human beings share the exact same beliefs and values and ideals just because you have lumped them into the category of "Muslims" is not only stupid, but it is factually incorrect.

Extremists are extremists, be they Christian, Jewish, Muslim or any other faith.

One more thing---"honor killings" are certainly NOT unique to the Islamic faith. "Honor" has long been an actual legal defense used by Catholic men in Latin American countries to justify the killing of a wife that they suspected of cheating on them.