Guaranteed 8 when out of hours.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
they don't get the report but it's available to them

nobody looks unless it's peak or a special saturday
How many times do I have to tell you to stop commenting on something you have no idea about. Driver sups walk around with the hours sheet every freaking morning. Go back to your cubicle or get me some coffee.

For someone who says they don't care about operations you sure do seem to comment on us a lot. Do you just guess when you comment on what goes on around here or try to piece together what actually goes on at centers by reading posts here?

Dr.Brownz

If I were in the situation of having less than 8 hours left on the last day of the week, I'd demand 8 hours pay because they are more likely to just tell me to stay home, if I already worked 52+ hours in a week I've made enough money for the week and I'll take the day. On the rare time they say go in it's just extra money and only 8 hours of work anyway; cake route then wander around inside for a few hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My question was, how do you, Dave, get guarantee when you don't work eight hours?

Although this won't affect me, our center manager is talking about cracking down on those drivers who get done every day around 5 and still get their guarantee. He is talking about either sending them back out to close out a bulk pickup stop or two or perhaps doing work on the inside.

I get back everyday between 1755 and 1805. 8 hours for us is 1815, except for Mondays when we start 30 minutes earlier. I average an hour or so of guarantee pay per week.

My responses to the this thread are based on my experiences in my center only. If you have less than 8 hours available you will be asked if you want to run Code 05 or you will either be asked to stay home or make up the balance of your hours by working on the inside. They are not going to pay you for 8 when you only work 5----just ain't gonna happen.

Ghost in the Darkness

* for the record management changing your pay code to 05 is not the same as employee agreeing to work 05.

File a grievance if they changed it without your consent or they never said anything and you came to work on time.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
How many times do I have to tell you to stop commenting on something you have no idea about. Driver sups walk around with the hours sheet every freaking morning. Go back to your cubicle or get me some coffee.

For someone who says they don't care about operations you sure do seem to comment on us a lot. Do you just guess when you comment on what goes on around here or try to piece together what actually goes on at centers by reading posts here?
hey did you know that not every center operates the same way?

in my district it's not touched until peak

YMMV

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
hey did you know that not every center operates the same way?

in my district it's not touched until peak

YMMV
Hey, did you know we don't care what happens in the NE District of your cubicle. We are talking what happens in centers across the US that deliver packages, not emails.

You act as though you're on the ground floor in operations yet you've said time and time again you don't care what happens in OPs. Contradict yourself much? I've already schooled you in multiple threads yet you come back to prove your ignorance knows no bounds.

A man of experience isn't beholden to a man of opinion.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Maybe it's one of upstates other accounts. For when he retires.

40 and out

Last week I ran out of hours on Friday. I worked 5 hours and went home. Do I get a guaranteed 8 for Friday or just pay actual?
Bigger question is why is running out of hours even an issue this time of year. A few Fridays ago, I brought stops back so I wouldn't violate DOT 14 hr rule. And drivers were sent home that morning. My center lately has been averaging about 5 drivers a day over 12 hrs.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Maybe it's one of upstates other accounts. For when he retires.
Nah, guys like him thrive on attention, positive or negative. Why else would he post multiple "I'm leaving" threads or about his adventures the movie theatres alone on a forum without provocation.

Posting under another name would make him jealous of himself, forcing him to delete his other self.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Although this won't affect me, our center manager is talking about cracking down on those drivers who get done every day around 5 and still get their guarantee. He is talking about either sending them back out to close out a bulk pickup stop or two or perhaps doing work on the inside.

I get back everyday between 1755 and 1805. 8 hours for us is 1815, except for Mondays when we start 30 minutes earlier. I average an hour or so of guarantee pay per week.

My responses to the this thread are based on my experiences in my center only. If you have less than 8 hours available you will be asked if you want to run Code 05 or you will either be asked to stay home or make up the balance of your hours by working on the inside. They are not going to pay you for 8 when you only work 5----just ain't gonna happen.

Key words: "in my center only"

Something many posters here neglect to consider.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Sumbitch went in with 55 hours on a Friday...I wouldn't have even showed up...52-55 is a perfect check...especially if you can get in in four days...Go home next time Jesus