Guaranteed 8 when out of hours.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
how would you know what goes on when you only work one shift? i mean congrats on knowing some contract language here and there, that's definitely not my thing, but i have to tell you there is a lot more to UPS than what your on road supervisor and manager do in their little fiefdom
How would you know how a center works when you do all your plans from a cubicle a couple hundred miles away from the operation?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
How would you know how a center works when you do all your plans from a cubicle a couple hundred miles away from the operation?
i have a dart board with poorly drawn options

it must suck to work in a center that runs into DOT every day and never sees their planner

praise be to Allah (the merciful) that i don't work in a district like that

brown67

Yes I'm in feeders. I have a dispatcher who doesn't have a clue what I do, and when I try to tell her that I'll run out of hours she just gets mad. I just smile and do the work. Friday I had just under 7 hours available. Worked 5 and left. I got paid for the 5 not 8.

brown67

Wu*?

I'm confused----I thought we got paid 8 just for walking in the door.

So you are saying that rather than stay home and not work at all you agreed to come in and work a partial day? Is that even possible?

That's my question for this post. Do you get an 8 hour guarantee if you don't have 8 hours available?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Although this won't affect me, our center manager is talking about cracking down on those drivers who get done every day around 5 and still get their guarantee. He is talking about either sending them back out to close out a bulk pickup stop or two or perhaps doing work on the inside.

I get back everyday between 1755 and 1805. 8 hours for us is 1815, except for Mondays when we start 30 minutes earlier. I average an hour or so of guarantee pay per week.

My responses to the this thread are based on my experiences in my center only. If you have less than 8 hours available you will be asked if you want to run Code 05 or you will either be asked to stay home or make up the balance of your hours by working on the inside. They are not going to pay you for 8 when you only work 5----just ain't gonna happen.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Correct-----he could have been on road for 5 and worked on the inside for 3.

Do you wake up every morning contradicting yourself ?????

If the employee has a backbone and wants to prove a point, he is guaranteed 8 hours PERIOD.
In my building, he is given windex and cleans package car windows until he gets his 8.
I know this because the scenario happened during one of our blizzard weeks earlier in the year.

Unfortunately, most are tired pumping in the 60 hours and are happier just walking out of the building with less than 8.

How is this even possible without breaking the 10 hour violation. 14 hour days, 13 hour paid after lunch = 52 hours. At a minimum you'd have 8 hours remaining on Friday.