zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You don't have to ask. It's a guarantee. If you tell them you're ready for more work, and they tell you to go home, tell them you expect to be paid your guarantee and then disappear. If it's not on your check, then grieve it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't have to ask. It's a guarantee. If you tell them you're ready for more work, and they tell you to go home, tell them you expect to be paid your guarantee and then disappear. If it's not on your check, then grieve it.
If you voluntarily go home without getting 8 you give up the right to your guarantee.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If you voluntarily go home without getting 8 you give up the right to your guarantee.

But we were both talking about a situation in which a supervisor is telling you they have nothing for you, so leaving is working as directed. I was just pointing out that you don't have to ask for the hours, you tell them you're ready for more work. They can ask you to leave early without your guarantee, and many people have agreed to do so, but perhaps that can also be construed as an extra-contractual agreement?