guard check with an attitude

Brownpride816

Is my hub the only place where the security guy has an attitude?

I work in the hub but im an air driver as well, we are not allowed to work with our driver uniform, therefore, i have to take it in a backpack.

he checks MY backpack VERY GOOD, i mean every single pocket, whereas some people he just lets them go through with no problem. i understand that is his job but i would not care if it was the same to everybody, but he picks certain people. its so annoying, i work from 4am, im just trying to get in there and do my job but he's always making a big deal with his attitude.

Today, I went in there, and he let a guy with a backpack go right in without even checking in in front of my face, as usual he checked mine and left every pocket open,and then i just calmed down and closed it myself, even though that is his job. then he goes "move man! people have to get t thru!" and then i just say "sir, can u please give me a second, in trying to zip my pockets".. and he goes on "you have to hurry, this is the real world!" ... and that's when he finally pissed me off! i just said "look man, its ****ing friday alright? im just trying to get to work, do my job and go home with my family, there's no reason why you have to give me an attitude" and hes like "whatever man" then i took his name and i reported it to my manager. however, he doesn't listen to me.
I am tired of this guy

Kis124

you can talk to the UPS security people. we had a guard who didn't check ANYbody. The security people put old cell phones and mp3 players on certain employees, and when they passed thru, the guard got a talking to. He now checks everyone. Not that thoroughly tho..if no one at UPS will help, you can always call the company they work for and complain....

L

Loufan

No there is some lady at my guard shack who obviously doesn't like her job for whatever reason and she's really rude and doesn't even check people that good.

laffter

Tell him that when he stops wasting your time, you will stop wasting his and holding up the line.

Do what this guy said. Every, damn, time. Re-zip your pockets extra slowly. In fact, bring smaller zipper bags inside of your backpack. Make him check everything. Make this a 5-minute ordeal every morning.

W

want to retire

It seems the "security" folks sometimes forget who they work for......Do you have an I-phone or such? Make a little recording. Better yet, tell this rude person you are going to be recording every encounter from now on do to his rudeness. Show him the recording device as you walk through. Hold it up and make a big deal about how rude he is. I guarantee it's going to get his attention. Make sure this is ok with mgt. Some places like the airport do not allow recording.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...or you could just ignore the guy, let him enjoy his "power trip" and go on your way....after a while he will get bored with you and move on to someone else...

W

want to retire

...or you could just ignore the guy, let him enjoy his "power trip" and go on your way....after a while he will get bored with you and move on to someone else...

....or you could bring this bad behaviour(we don't have to put up with it) to mgt.s attention(again)(higher up). Kinda like hub employees with pants down around their knees(hood style). Call mgt. on their job!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
1) When you know you are going to the guard shack, unzip every zipper before you walk in

2) Don't even make eye contact with the dousche, makes it known he's worthless

3) UPS security personel will not help you , he is doing his job

We have one in our building that checks every crevice as well. Yesterday, he inspected every pocket in my bag but never questioned the box of uniforms I walked out with. WHAT THE HELL IS BARNEY FIFE LOOKING FOR , STOLEN OFFICE SUPPLIES ?!?!?!?!? :whiteflag:

Indecisi0n

Fill your backpack with condoms with a bit of whipped cream. Gladly hand over the bag and allow him to search.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
better yet and nasty , get a old backpack put some dog crap in it and let him search all he wants , or get some condoms open them all up and put then in every pocket

guys dont like touching used condoms

brown_trousers

The security guy probably makes close to minimum wage. has no benefits. And has no hope of going anywhere in his job.

so even if the guy harrasses you.... You win!

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I like these suggestions. Another thing you could do is tell one your LP guys "I sure hope there aren't any disgruntled ex-employees coming to shoot the place up at 4 AM, cause the guard is always asleep. I have to nudge him every morning to show him my badge."

W

want to retire

I like these suggestions. Another thing you could do is tell one your LP guys "I sure hope there aren't any disgruntled ex-employees coming to shoot the place up at 4 AM, cause the guard is always asleep. I have to nudge him every morning to show him my badge."

My experience with mgt and lp is mixed about the guards. It really depends who you talk with. Some mgt/lp will address the situation, some seem to somehow make it your fault.....kinda sounds like mgt......huh? Keep telling mgt. until it changes. You will eventually find the right person. Personally, I like to bring these things up to district/region or even national type folks. I have gone to DFW airport and found every guard sound asleep. This has changed but I still see trailers go in and out of DFW airport without nary a look.