Gun toting Neanderthals - Order your Confederate Battle flag

Overpaid Union Thug

Why is that? Because I don't believe in your god? I was under the impression that there was a separation of church and state.
There is not a separation of church and state. I will give you my entire paycheck for 2016 if you can show me where it is in The Constitution. And you being an atheist (or whatever) doesn't mean you need to say the entire Pledge of Allegiance. Ever heard of a modified Pledge or Oath?

Overpaid Union Thug

Not constitutionally. Yet many courts treat it as if it's in there so I guess there is in today's America
And those empty robes sitting in those courts should be thrown out. If it's not in The Constitution and doesn't fall under the 10th as a state issue then they had no business ruling one way or the other. These activist judges clearly have a God complex.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A government entity isn't physically capable of placing a flag on a flag pole. It's done by people and those people have rights. And, contrary to what many think, those rights don't erode the rights of those that don't approve of the flags.

I work for UPS. I don't agree with their policy regarding facial hair. Does my right of personal expression extend to the workplace?

Overpaid Union Thug

I work for UPS. I don't agree with their policy regarding facial hair. Does my right of personal expression extend to the workplace?
No. You work for them and can chose to go elsewhere. Unless you claim its for religious reasons, in which case, you'd probably win that argument. I've seen some beards and headdresses being worn by people that should be wearing them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I cover a route that has a business run from home that specializes in Nazi items, mainly actual artifacts from WWII. Probably pick up 4-5 nazi flags a day from this place. Anyway, my point is that flag is obviously hype worst of the worst and it is still an item for sale and being ordered. Scary stuff

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. You work for them and can chose to go elsewhere. Unless you claim its for religious reasons, in which case, you'd probably win that argument. I've seen some beards and headdresses being worn by people that should be wearing them.

Let's say I work at City Hall and one of my jobs is to raise and lower the flags every day. Let's also say that I don't care for one of those flags. Do I then have the right under freedom of expression to refuse to raise and lower that flag without fear of losing my job?

Let's say I work at City Hall and one of my jobs is to raise and lower the flags every day. Let's also say that I don't care for one of those flags. Do I then have the right under freedom of expression to refuse to raise and lower that flag without fear of losing my job?
As long as you don't wish anyone a Merry Christmas, you will be just fine.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yes. But I'd have to ask you ......In that hypothetical situation did you take the job knowing that part of your duties would be raising a flag that you don't approve of or did you form your opinion of the particular flag after taking the job?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. But I'd have to ask you ......In that hypothetical situation did you take the job knowing that part of your duties would be raising a flag that you don't approve of or did you form your opinion of the particular flag after taking the job?

Let's say I took the job not knowing that raising/lowering the flags was part of the job, much like I did not know the specifics on the UPS appearance guidelines until just before I was hired.