guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I also carry extra ammo sometimes it's more 000 , .45LC , .45ACP and/ or varies .410 loads .
I find that the pistols can have problems in the very cold .
So I stick to the basics .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama Administration Finalizes Social Security Gun Ban - Breitbart

On Monday the Obama administration finalized a Social Security gun ban that could prevent “tens of thousands” of law-abiding elderly citizens from purchasing guns for self-defense.

In early May 2016 the SSA released more information on the ban in a 41-page preview. Page 19 said:

Under our representative payee policy, unless direct payment is prohibited, we presume that an adult beneficiary is capable of managing or directing the management of benefits. However, if we have information that the beneficiary has a mental or physical impairment that prevents him or her from managing or directing the management of benefits, we will develop the issue of capability. If a beneficiary has a mental impairment, we will develop the capability issue if there is an indication that the beneficiary may lack the ability to reason properly, is disoriented, has seriously impaired judgment, or is unable to communicate with others.

In other words, once the beneficiary has the SSA’s attention–by having someone help with finances–the process of determining mental health status begins, becoming incrementally intrusive. And if a ruling of mental illness sufficient to meet the reporting threshold is handed down, then the beneficiary will be reported to NICS and prohibited from purchasing firearms.

wayfair

swollen member
thecartridge.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Guns, Ammunition Seized From Lexington Home

A search warrant at the Massachusetts home of a man accused of harassing a black family by tossing banana peels on their property resulted in the seizure of dozens of guns, thousands of rounds of ammo and Nazi memorabilia, according to officials.

Robert Ivarson, 49, of Lexington was arrested Saturday on several charges, including three counts of civil rights violations and one count of criminal harassment.

According to Middlesex District Attorney Marion Ryan, 50 pounds of black powder, 83 firearms, nearly 10,000 rounds of ammo and large-capacity feeding devices were seized from the home.

She said Ivarson was not licensed to carry any of the seized items and is facing 13 new charges as a result of the investigation. She said additional charges are expected.

Additionally, authorities discovered a helmet with a swastika.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NRA Backs Newly Introduced National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill

Yesterday North Carolina Republican Richard Hudson introduced the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 for consideration in the House. If passed, the legislation would allow concealed carry holders in any state to travel across state lines without fear of criminal retribution.

“Our Second Amendment right doesn’t disappear when we cross state lines, and this legislation guarantees that. The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is a common sense solution to a problem too many Americans face. It will provide law-abiding citizens the right to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits," Hudson released in a statement. "As a member of President-elect Trump’s Second Amendment Coalition, I look forward to working with my colleagues and the administration to get this legislation across the finish line."

The National Rifle Association is throwing its support behind the legislation.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All I know is What TOS taught me .
That some day my guns will kill me .
Several times a year I lay them all on a table facing me and wait .
So far I haven't made one mad enough at me to do it .

bbsam

Staff member
So, here we go...

My 9 year old daughter has a good friend who's parents are having a lot of marital problems. My wife is good friends with the mom so we have been following the escalation for some time now. Things are getting heated and tempers flaring.

Just found out the husband has his conceal/cary permit.

In your opinion, with mental health being a major concern, should I allow my daughter to go to their house? Would you?

Maybe a C/C permit shouldn't be the defining element but it certainly has me reconsidering.

MAKAVELI

So, here we go...

My 9 year old daughter has a good friend who's parents are having a lot of marital problems. My wife is good friends with the mom so we have been following the escalation for some time now. Things are getting heated and tempers flaring.

In your opinion, with mental health being a major concern, should I allow my daughter to go to their house? Would you?

Maybe a C/C permit shouldn't be the defining element but it certainly has me reconsidering.
Definitely not. I'd be brutally honest with the parents let them know you don't feel comfortable with your daughter being in that environment.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Arizona Good Samaritan shot dead man attacking police officer | Daily Mail Online

Hero passer-by shoots dead gunman who shot and injured Arizona trooper in 'ambush' at the scene of a car crash
  • Arizona DPS officer was shot and attacked when he stopped to assist a car wreck
  • Suspect ambushed him and was smashing his head into the ground
  • Good Samaritan passerby stopped to help, shooting the suspect dead
  • DPS Director said the officer is 'incredibly fortunate' to still be alive and well

Gear

Parts on Order
So, here we go...

I wouldn't want my daughter around 2 adults fighting. I would just have her invite the friend over our house. Im sure the other little girl could use a break from the fighting.

The CC permit wouldn't mean anything to me. I own guns and have mental health issues, doesn't mean Im going to kill innocent people.

bbsam

Staff member
I wouldn't want my daughter around 2 adults fighting. I would just have her invite the friend over our house. Im sure the other little girl could use a break from the fighting.

The CC permit wouldn't mean anything to me. I own guns and have mental health issues, doesn't mean Im going to kill innocent people.
The idea has been put forth over and over that guns are not the problem but mental health issues.

So.in your opinion, which mental health issues cause the gun violence if they aren't the ones you have? Or does everybody think their own mental health problems aren't the "bad ones"?

Gear

Parts on Order
The idea has been put forth over and over that guns are not the problem but mental health issues.

So.in your opinion, which mental health issues cause the gun violence if they aren't the ones you have? Or does everybody think their own mental health problems aren't the "bad ones"?

I have no idea, I doubt anyone really knows.