guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's relevant enough to me.
I will put it another way.
You are concerned about the safety of your child visiting a home where a gun owner lives.
That is a valid concern...but the fact that the gun owner is also licensed to carry that gun concealed does not in any way increase the risk to your child and likely decreases it.

bbsam

Staff member
I will put it another way.
You are concerned about the safety of your child visiting a home where a gun owner lives.
That is a valid concern...but the fact that the gun owner is also licensed to carry that gun concealed does not in any way increase the risk to your child and likely decreases it.
No. Not with his pending divorce and mental "health". Remember: gun violence = mental health issue.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now the question is where are the gun(s) kept.
Can children easily find them ?
or are they locked up in a safe and or vault ?
I find that a majority of home accidental shooting are because someone either was not supposed to have the gun or they did not follow the law and keep it secure at all times.

It will be fine

Now the question is where are the gun(s) kept.
Can children easily find them ?
or are they locked up in a safe and or vault ?
I find that a majority of home accidental shooting are because someone either was not supposed to have the gun or they did not follow the law and keep it secure at all times.
Easiest way to avoid those issues is not owning a gun to begin with.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No. Not with his pending divorce and mental "health". Remember: gun violence = mental health issue.
If you have concerns about the potential for domestic violence in the home then you should keep your child away from there regardless of whether there is a gun in the home or not.
But that isn't what you asked. You asked if that person's status as a carry permit holder posed a risk to your child and my response is that, all other factors being equal, that status is not relevant.

It will be fine

And following that train of thought, the easiest way to avoid traffic accidents is to never get into a car and the easiest way to avoid drowning is to never go near the water.
Not a fair analogy. It's pretty hard to get around in society today without driving. It's very easy to get around without a gun.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What a majority of the people living in my small town don't know is that the police has issued around 800 CC permits . That is roughly one in four homes has a firearm and/or a permit holder .
Yet no shooting nor murders by firearm .
10% of adults in my county have a permit to carry.
I can't remember the last time we had less than 100 murders in a year.
Probably before I was born.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'll bet every one of the killers was a Muslim immigrant.
giphy.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
we can open carry too... just don't like to advertise unless I'm shopping at Walmart with my AR
I rarely carry anymore since I moved out of the hood.
I work too much. If I go out it's either to work or get drunk and I'm not carrying when I do either of those things. I do get a little comfort from knowing my wife is carrying when I'm not there though.