guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Court Affirms Firing of Employee Who Carried Gun at Work

"While it is undisputed that Holly possessed a gun in his vehicle UPS SCS premises--which is gun possession protected under Kentucky law--it is likewise undisputed that he removed the gun from his vehicle and placed it in another employee's vehicle--which is not gun possession," the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals said in Holly v. UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

UPS said it fired Holly for poor performance and violating a company policy against asking a co-worker for a favor on company time. Holly said it was a pretext for his having a gun at work, but the appeals court said it didn't matter.

Court Affirms Firing of Employee Who Carried Gun at Work | ACQ5

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Man Tries To Rob Pizza Joint With Just a Gun Magazine!?!

USA –-(Ammoland.com)- WMBF TV FOX Carolina in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, a would be robber tried to hold up a pizza place on Ocean Boulevard Tuesday night by pointing a gun’s magazine at the employee.

Police responded to the location at about 10 p.m. Tuesday night and spoke to the employee, who said he saw the suspect and asked if he needed help. The report states the suspect then pulled out a magazine for a firearm and pointed at the victim, telling the victim to give him everything he has.

The employee slapped it out of the suspect’s hands, according to a Myrtle Beach Police report.

moreluck

golden ticket member
pbX0Fvs.jpg

Sportello

Thank you. I won't click on some links.

If I was a woman of any color (likely black or brown) living in a high crime area where I can't depend on a LEO being at my door in a few minutes, I'd have a gun or two handy as well, and learn how to use them.

I'm not, I don't.

You do what you have to, even when you know you shouldn't have to do it. I'd steal bread for my kids if I had to, as well.

It will be fine

Thank you. I won't click on some links.

If I was a woman of any color (likely black or brown) living in a high crime area where I can't depend on a LEO being at my door in a few minutes, I'd have a gun or two handy as well, and learn how to use them.

I'm not, I don't.

You do what you have to, even when you know you shouldn't have to do it. I'd steal bread for my kids if I had to, as well.
There's tons of free bread around. Food pantries end up throwing away a lot of it.

Sportello

There's tons of free bread around. Food pantries end up throwing away a lot of it.
I don't have a gun by my bed and I don't steal bread.

The problem with being poor in urban America is that a gun is closer than a store with affordable, fresh food, or a good school, or untainted water. It can wear you down over a few generations.

It will be fine

I don't have a gun by my bed and I don't steal bread.

The problem with being poor in urban America is that a gun is closer than a store with affordable, fresh food, or a good school, or untainted water. It can wear you down over a few generations.
It can, it doesn't have to. One of my best drivers is a young kid that lives in one of the worst neighborhoods in my city. By all demographic assumptions, he should be a thug/drug dealer/junkie, but he is a hard worker that will probably get himself a better job soon without a formal education.