Hacked?

Oldfart

Sorry you're the one that's wrong that's why we mark it in the Power Pad otherwise the manager has to fix it. You also just said if you don't mark Sunday as a day off it's straight time so which is it we have to mark it in the Power Pad or not ?You aren't very bright are you?
I know some of this is over your head so I will goo SLOOW. On Sunday, you mark nothing as far as day off. You work 4 hours. Monday-Thurday you work 10hrs each day. Friday you work 10 hours. Your hours will be 36 hrs regular. 18 hrs overtime. Is that too much for you to comprehend? If so, maybe you should not worry about it because I don't think I can make it any easier.

Oldfart

You are full of smile*
I might be but I am much smarter than you because you can't even do simple math without your fingers and toes. Our station has been doing it this way for a long time. Like I said, it might be best if you move on. Math just doesn't seem to be your strongest subject.

Oldfart

I must also be slow as that makes no sense.

You have a 35 hour guarantee yet get OT after only 32 hours?
Nope, you worked 36 regular. 4 on sunday. 32 mon-thur. 2 hrs OT each day Mon-thur and 10 hrs OT friday because it is your 6th day. 36 reg 18 OT

I can understand your confusion. Tupac is just LOST. Maybe he needs to stay at a Holiday Inn Express tonight because he just doesn't have a clue.

MAKAVELI

I know some of this is over your head so I will goo SLOOW. On Sunday, you mark nothing as far as day off. You work 4 hours. Monday-Thurday you work 10hrs each day. Friday you work 10 hours. Your hours will be 36 hrs regular. 18 hrs overtime. Is that too much for you to comprehend? If so, maybe you should not worry about it because I don't think I can make it any easier.
Does the system automatically acknowledge 6 punch whether you mark it or not?

Oldfart

Does the system automatically acknowledge 6 punch whether you mark it or not?
BINGO. Now you are catching on. Unless someone at the station goes in and changes it. Because we get so few hours making our Sunday pu, nobody bothers to over ride it or nobody would sign up to make the pu. Been this way over 20 yrs or so.

You DO NOT mark "day off" Sunday or Friday. Time keeping pays you Sunday reg, Fri OT unless a manager changes it.

MAKAVELI

BINGO. Now you are catching on. Unless someone at the station goes in and changes it. Because we get so few hours making our Sunday pu, nobody bothers to over ride it or nobody would sign up to make the pu. Been this way over 20 yrs or so.

You DO NOT mark "day off" Sunday or Friday. Time keeping pays you Sunday reg, Fri OT unless a manager changes it.
Keep contradicting yourself first you say the system automatically does it then you say don't Mark Sunday has day off and it'll be straight time which is it? I'll give you a clue it isn't I've known plenty of people who forgot to mark Saturday has a day off and got paid straight time because the manager didn't fix it.

Oldfart

Keep contradicting yourself first you say the system automatically does it then you say don't Mark Sunday has day off and it'll be straight time which is it? I'll give you a clue it isn't I've known plenty of people who forgot to mark Saturday has a day off and got paid straight time because the manager didn't fix it.
Once again. WRONG!!!!. I have not contradicted anything. I NEVER said the system marks Sunday as "day off" if you don't. I said you mark NOTHING any day. The system recognizes the 6th punch on friday, thus it is all OT.

I have always gotten paid OT on Saturday regardless if I mark "day off" or not. Time keeping recognizes Sunday as the first day of the workweek. It recognized OT for everything over 8, unless you are 4/10. It recognizes the 6th day as OT. This is the way it is unless a manager changes it, at least at MY STATION.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Tupac, I don't know and don't care who or what you know. I just know how things are done where I am. If they are done differently in other cities, I can't help it. I just know what I have experienced as a courier for over 40 years and how working rotating Sundays for over 20 years. Agree, disagree, understand or don't understand. I just don't care. I am thru trying to explain it to someone that just doesn't have a clue to what they are talking about. Move on.

MAKAVELI

Once again. WRONG!!!!. I have not contradicted anything. I NEVER said the system marks Sunday as "day off" if you don't. I said you mark NOTHING any day. The system recognizes the 6th punch on friday, thus it is all OT.

I have always gotten paid OT on Saturday regardless if I mark "day off" or not. Time keeping recognizes Sunday as the first day of the workweek. It recognized OT for everything over 8, unless you are 4/10. It recognizes the 6th day as OT.
The system recognizes it when a manager fixes it that's why the Power Pad asks us whether it's a day off or 4 day work week.

dezguy

Just shows the differences between where you work. Up here, Saturday is time and a half, Sunday is double time, regardless of how many hours you worked during the week.

Oldfart

I'm working tomorrow (Sunday) and I won't mark it as my day off. I'll see what happens at my station just to satisfy my own curiosity.
It all depends on what your manager and the time keeper does. If they do nothing, Sunday will be regular and Friday OT. That is the way it is here. If they go in the system and change it, Sunday will be OT and Friday straight time What happens in your city can and might be different.

BootsOnTarmac

At the ramp my regular schedule is Monday thru Friday. If I work Sunday, I will get time and a half as long as the following m-friend do not include a sick day, LWOP, late punch (Manager discretion) or no call no show. Saturday would be double time (7th day) which is a Blue Moon event. I don't believe the "sixth day" is actually the day after working five, for overtime. It's just the first extra day of work not included in your regular schedule. Payroll and your manager can play with this and how they code it in the system. Always look at your HRSRPTD screen to verify your OT and regular time.