Handshake? Tentative Agreement? Retirement????????

Shiftless

Well? The people at the top did a handshake! Is your future as a current or retired Teamster going to work in your favor or not?

My hunch is if voted thru? We all just got screwed!

Whatcha Think?

siouxman

siouxman
Well? The people at the top did a handshake! Is your future as a current or retired Teamster going to work in your favor or not?

Whatcha Think?
What are the details of agreement?hard to tell we got screwed with out seeing cobtract

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
93% strike authorization......it will be voted down by at least an 80% margin!

Ups will come back with either a $500 or $1,000 bonus for a yes vote and then things will get very interesting.

Either way, Hoffa Jr. will go down as the single biggest sell out in history! Even tRump will claim on more than 1 twitter message, "at least I am not as bad as Jr!"

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Whatcha Think?
As far as retirement, another reason to have something extra on the side (read 401k) so you can have more predictablity over funds you control.

upsmaster

The hybrid driver plan was originally proposed by the Teamsters union, not the company, according to leaks from the union negotiating committee. This information has provoked widespread anger among the rank and file. Yesterday’s announcement amounts to a provocation against UPS workers. Lead negotiator Denis T, the bargaining committee, and Teamsters President James P. Hoffa simply ignored the near-unanimous opposition among UPS workers to the creation of a second tier of drivers. Instead, the Teamsters claimed that the new tier was in response to “membership concerns, including Saturday and Sunday delivery, excessive forced overtime [and] time off.”

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The hybrid driver plan was originally proposed by the Teamsters union, not the company, according to leaks from the union negotiating committee. ”

codswallop! Even Trump doesn't have the balls to tell this big of a lie!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Whatcha Think?
I'm waiting for more details. Supposedly they have negotiated increased contributions to the various pension/ healthcare plans, at this point in my career pension and retiree healthcare are my two biggest concerns so at least for me a lot will depend on how those two things shake out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If, there is an agreement why not put it out for all to see?

Or, is there a reason to not put it out?

Inquiring mind’s want to know

Bad Gas!

A handshake and a reach around agreement but no happy ending..The very long continously over dispatched you guys are getting will eventually break you down with age. Good luck!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
don't keep all your eggs in one basket.

pay down your mortgage by making extra principal payments, contribute max to 401k. contribute to a Roth if possible. strengthen cash reserves. this is a long term strategy. Not last minute.

seeing habits work for financial health also.

Observer

This contract proposal will drag on like the last one. When I read "Handshake" deal - I cringed. I guess we will have to wait and see what new garbage gets spewed to us at the end of the discussions for the week of July 9th-July 13th. But it will probably just be the crumbs and no real information. It's a long summer already. Somehow, I felt this contract would go this way. Who is Denis T anyway - I have never heard of him? Any info?