Harassment

El Correcto

god is dead
Recently our center has been automated. The operation has been been less than stellar as their still figuring out the system and getting it fine tuned. The building manager and his two higher ups have been going around telling everyone that they need meet a 1400/hr quota or they’ll face disciplinary action. I’ve been threatened with being sent home and termination twice as has many other employees in the preload. Today my part time Soup came and told me, and a few other employees that our building manager “John”(not his real name), doesn’t like us because we work to slow for their liking and plan on having us fired. I’m not slow by any means. But I’m not going to go above and beyond for anyone who treats me with such disrespect. Me and a few other part timers plan on discussing it with our shop steward on Monday. But what can be done about this harassment? Anyone had similar experiences?
Article 37 and 66 for the harrassment.
If you are sent home without pay after clocking in on time, that’s another grievance and a guaranteed 3.5hr I believe for part timers or the highest paid guy with lower senority than you.

Only had to file one of those in my time here, they learn fast when they have to pay you one of those. Not sure on article ask a steward.

rod

Retired 22 years
I plan on it. I’ve got witnesses also. Will it stop though? Will they retaliate? They’ve been harassing just about everyone in the preload. Except for the females of course.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Those damn females get away with murder

M

MenInBrown

It’s the building manager pushing it. It’s my part time Soup that told me he plans on having me terminated.

If the harassment grievance doesn’t work, meet him in the parking lot and make sure he understands the Consequences of being an :censored2: to you.

IESucks

Recently our center has been automated. The operation has been been less than stellar as their still figuring out the system and getting it fine tuned. The building manager and his two higher ups have been going around telling everyone that they need meet a 1400/hr quota or they’ll face disciplinary action. I’ve been threatened with being sent home and termination twice as has many other employees in the preload. Today my part time Soup came and told me, and a few other employees that our building manager “John”(not his real name), doesn’t like us because we work to slow for their liking and plan on having us fired. I’m not slow by any means. But I’m not going to go above and beyond for anyone who treats me with such disrespect. Me and a few other part timers plan on discussing it with our shop steward on Monday. But what can be done about this harassment? Anyone had similar experiences?
Yes, daily for 30 years. Lolo.

formymax

UPS management lies about everything - get used to it. Some lie more than others but they all do it. I saw manager tell a boldface lie at a panel hearing. I thought that was a big deal if you were caught lying to the panel - maybe not if your management. The hearing was to address this manager's harassment of drivers. She has absolutely no integrity, yet she has sat in judgement and fired drivers for integrity issues. UPS presented their case with copies of their policies prohibiting harassment, retaliation, integrity, discrimination, etc. I guess they believe no one would dare violate their policies.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Not only do you file for harassment like others have said. First call the UPS hotline ‭1 (800) 220-4126‬. Start a trail regarding who threated you blah blah blah. At the end of call they give you a case number. Include that in your grievance. Also state your name when calling that way HR has to come down and review it with you and said (Soup).
Naturally this will really piss said (Soup) off. Hopefully he/she is dumb enough to further harass you. Repeat the above again and HR will get thru to this (Soup) and their boss to not friend with you anymore.