Harassment

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JUPS, Jul 6, 2018.

1. JUPS

JUPS New Member

Recently our center has been automated. The operation has been been less than stellar as their still figuring out the system and getting it fine tuned. The building manager and his two higher ups have been going around telling everyone that they need meet a 1400/hr quota or they’ll face disciplinary action. I’ve been threatened with being sent home and termination twice as has many other employees in the preload. Today my part time Soup came and told me, and a few other employees that our building manager “John”(not his real name), doesn’t like us because we work to slow for their liking and plan on having us fired. I’m not slow by any means. But I’m not going to go above and beyond for anyone who treats me with such disrespect. Me and a few other part timers plan on discussing it with our shop steward on Monday. But what can be done about this harassment? Anyone had similar experiences?

2. File a harassment grievance

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

don't wait.

file file file

if you have any cajones?

4. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

It’s a scare tactic my young union friend, I’ve never seen a loader get fired for being too slow. Just don’t lean against belt and always look busy. If you need to hide then hide inside a truck so you are not seen...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  5. JUPS

JUPS New Member

I plan on it. I’ve got witnesses also. Will it stop though? Will they retaliate? They’ve been harassing just about everyone in the preload. Except for the females of course.

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Strike strike strike

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. JUPS

JUPS New Member

Been there 12 years. Never had a problem until now.

8. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Part time sups don't have the authority to have anyone fired. He's probably just upset that you make more money then he does.

9. JUPS

JUPS New Member

It’s the building manager pushing it. It’s my part time Soup that told me he plans on having me terminated.

10. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

It’s supe my man supe

11. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

File immediately. If they start trying to go after you for petty :censored2: you’ll be glad there’s a paper trail documenting their harassment and threats.

If you never file, they’ll say they have no idea what you’re talking about when they discipline or terminate you for something stupid and you turn around and say they’ve been after you all along.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. JUPS

JUPS New Member

Duely noted, kind sir.

13. olroadbeech

if you have been there for 12 years, you should know by now. i thought you were a newbie.

14. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Duly

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. olroadbeech

stupe

16. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Grieve it as the others said. A user who already posted in this thread has also recommended that keeping a notebook documenting things that are said to you is a good idea as well.

They're already threatening to fire you. I wouldn't worry about retaliation at this point. If/when they do retaliate, grieve that too.

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

“Plan on having you fired” kewl story, but it doesn’t quite work like that

Guess he can dream

18. Protein Fart

Protein Fart Well-Known Member

At my hub they save this spiel for the newbys. I can't believe you're 12 years in and still getting it

19. Junkyard Willie

Junkyard Willie New Member

Convert the following information into a pie chart, print it out and present it to these triflin' clowns:

MY TIME SPENT PRELOADING
    29% Putting boxes in trucks.
    25% Dealing with malfunctioning scanner issues.
    15% Taping up packages that busted open.
    10% PCM's, DOK's and other supe/mgmt distractions.
    10% Chasing/wrestling irregs.
    5% Breaking jams.
    5% Searching for tape gun someone swiped.
    1% "BREEEAAAAAAKKK!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

I’ve had similar experiences every day for 34 1/2 years