Has anyone been disciplined for Orion compliance

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Epic Fail today.
I am scrutinized so closely, I have to really try, since I got on the 9.5 list. Today I could not. I had 7 air stops, got to my first at 9.51, the second one had me doing 37, 40 pd nda , which were buried in the truck to in front of the wheel well. I had to unload about 30 other boxes to get it all out, so right then I knew I was screwed. I pulled and did all the resis, and then went to this stop last. No I couldnt get to the stuff in the 7 and 8 thousand shelves. The cutesy little resis they wanted me to do in between. Plus I didnt have time.
The multiple directives have begun, that soberups speaks of. Apparently I am losing 10 minutes to and from the building, at least. I said yea, I know I got red lights, 22 to be exact, when I can jump on the freeway and be there in 8 minutes, but it saves 2 miles...............the Orion way. So I was told not to go that way.
I asked my steward which one to listen to, the sort of human, or the constellation. He said the human.

Its a cluster mess, to try to piece it back together. And then add in OCA, run misloads, run to misload meets, run to air meets. Try to strategically run the businesses added to me in my last sections, bulk also. My head hurts.

Supposedly I was going to get a talking to about going over 9.5 by 7 minutes, on Wednesday. My truck was blown out, a rookie loader, I was still loading when a supervisor full time walked by in his uniform, ready to ride with someone. I asked if he was going with me, and he wanted to know what I smoked before work.

So I dont know how I could have not worked 10.5, it is what it took. And I am ready for the beatings. But even though I am told I document too much, that just tells me I am cma.

The saga continues.

bumped

Tooner..you care too much. They broke me, as I just don't care anymore. Misloads get run off at the end of the day. I follow exactly in order no matter how long it takes. When ETA's come in, and if its over 9.5 so be it. Let them get you help.

Brownsfan

Toon.
Your brain reminds me of mine. It is so worried about integrity and doing everything right, that it ends up ruining the day. If I were you I would read your message on here and realize there is absolutely no way they will be able to discipline you.

You know every detail of your day. You know how many stop lights you hit! Every question they ask ,you will hit them back so fast their head will spin.

If they are stupid enough to ride with you, they will quickly find that to be a waste of time and move on.

One stop at a time, the way you were trained, everyday.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toon.
Your brain reminds me of mine. It is so worried about integrity and doing everything right, that it ends up ruining the day. If I were you I would read your message on here and realize there is absolutely no way they will be able to discipline you.

You know every detail of your day. You know how many stop lights you hit! Every question they ask ,you will hit them back so fast their head will spin.

If they are stupid enough to ride with you, they will quickly find that to be a waste of time and move on.

One stop at a time, the way you were trained, everyday.

Yes that brain thing is a downfall, LOL. Its hard not to use it...Thanks.

Throwback

He said Orion had him going out of his way to do things. This Route he has is really messed up also. They only let 3 drivers run the route because no one else knows how to run it. Not because it is hard, just because it is so far out in the middle of BFE that no one else knows the area or can find the addresses. He constantly has to break from Orion otherwise he would be out there all night.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It My truck was blown out, a rookie loader, I was still loading when a supervisor full time walked by in his uniform, ready to ride with someone. I asked if he was going with me, and he wanted to know what I smoked before work.

When they are that adamant about not getting on the truck with you that tells me you got em where you want them

Back first

the solution seems simple to me. Just follow Orion. Break route at 3 or 4 PM or whatever time makes sense to get businesses delivered that you can't get by 5 by follow Orion. Who cares if it's inefficient and silly. That's what UPS wants and that's what we get paid to do. So follow orion 100% except when you break route to avoid service failures.
This is exactly what I do. I just laugh at the way Orion has me run the route. You have to play their games.

Brownsfan

I was looking through some papers on a desk and came across a report about the stages of production discipline.

The list said this.

Talk with driver and document
Escalate to warning letter

Talk with driver and document
Give warning letter.

It just said that over and over. Lol. Very powerful language.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Today he told me he was going to come out and ride with me next week, coz Im just not getting anywhere talking with you. LOL
I'm betting he was bluffing/BSing you,but just in case he does ride with you
unload the entire 8000 section in the street ,get the stop then reload it.
dont make unsafe backings
use 3 points of contact,drive teh speed limits,dont run
get as close to 100% compliance as you can
dont let him see ANY stress,anger, or negativity. Act as if you are having the best day in your life
you will make them CRY

bumped

I'm betting he was bluffing/BSing you,but just in case he does ride with you
unload the entire 8000 section in the street ,get the stop then reload it.
dont make unsafe backings
use 3 points of contact,drive teh speed limits,dont run
get as close to 100% compliance as you can
dont let him see ANY stress,anger, or negativity. Act as if you are having the best day in your life
you will make them CRY

I agree above. You take your lunch/breaks when you want to. Not when its best for Orion.

Orion has taken decision making away. Follow It.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was off the charts below compliance, and above miles, overallow who knows, or cares, but triple digits, and sporh, 5 below what they think this new fantastic system, gets them. But that is how I was instructed to run it. Next week I am packing my lunch for the long run. I can so help them play their game.

I have documented everything, pictures included, on how my non compliance saved service failures. Now its up to them. Cant have it both ways!!!!!

And they told me I document too much, fools.