Has anyone been disciplined for Orion compliance

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I have said it before. My Sup. came out with me and told me we are going to follow Orion 100%. I said okay. Did an air stop to start the day, orion then had me doing another stop on the same street, fine.

Pulled up to 2nd stop which was located in the 8300 section of my bulked out PC. Went to the back of the PC open the rear door and began to offload all the bulk on the street to get to the 8300 section, my sups face was classic. I said are we following it 100% or not...... I have not had one thing said to me since about my percentage.

It helps I guess that when I turn of Orion I bet the miles by 3 to 6 on any giving day

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was off the charts below compliance, and above miles, overallow who knows, or cares, but triple digits, and sporh, 5 below what they think this new fantastic system, gets them. But that is how I was instructed to run it. Next week I am packing my lunch for the long run. I can so help them play their game.

I have documented everything, pictures included, on how my non compliance saved service failures. Now its up to them. Cant have it both ways!!!!!

And they told me I document too much, fools.

that shuts them down when you can provide immediate answers to rapid fire questions. You won't be any 'fun' and they will quickly move along to easier targets

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Call me a fool but it does sound as though you may be over-documenting.
Never have been one to document, but when you are questioned every day about why this took that long, or why you sheeted an air, while near the stop but not exactly on the dock, it helps to have pictures, of a semi pulling out and a forklift on the dock, that you had to wait for, especially when you had 40 nda pieces, you were honestly there, beside the building, but not able to get to the dock before the 10:30 commit. it also helps to have notes, and pictures, of why I couldnt get to the 8000 section without late air. Since they dont seem to remember these things or they never knew.......
I dont want to do it, my explanation should be enough, hence it is no longer good enough. I hope it never happens to you, I never thought it would happen to me. If it does, to protect your livelihood, and your integrity, you will become a documenting fool, such as I have become. They made me do it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Never have been one to document, but when you are questioned every day about why this took that long, or why you sheeted an air, while near the stop but not exactly on the dock, it helps to have pictures, of a semi pulling out and a forklift on the dock, that you had to wait for, especially when you had 40 nda pieces, you were honestly there, beside the building, but not able to get to the dock before the 10:30 commit. it also helps to have notes, and pictures, of why I couldnt get to the 8000 section without late air. Since they dont seem to remember these things or they never knew.......
I dont want to do it, my explanation should be enough, hence it is no longer good enough. I hope it never happens to you, I never thought it would happen to me. If it does, to protect your livelihood, and your integrity, you will become a documenting fool, such as I have become. They made me do it.

Bug.... is always here to help. :wink2:

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

-Bug-

By The Book

File a harassment grievance!

Ive been keeping a notebook for years! On such and such a date you did this....um let me check my notes! Sorry boss you are wrong! His reply,you must have written It down wrong!.....Yeah that must be it,im lying to myself!......Case dismissed!...lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I also hope that it never happens to me and feel bad that you are going through this but I fear that your plan may actually backfire on you.
She is merely doing her part to provide the information they are asking for.

They are the ones who set her up to fail, they are the ones trying to cram an unworkable ORION system down her throat, and they are the ones who are bringing her in the office and questioning her integrity and work performance over every little delay that she encounters. They arent interested in solving any of the problems, they only want to assign blame for them, so they have put her in a position where she has to protect herself.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I also hope that it never happens to me and feel bad that you are going through this but I fear that your plan may actually backfire on you.
What is my plan? Good Lord, I just go to work every day, and now try to protect myself. Never late, never absent, never hurt, never accident, yes I run late by their numbers, that is my downfall. My plan is to leave when I financially can. I didnt work 30 yrs, to be pushed out by people treating me unfairly, because they are pushed to do so. If it results in termination, then so be it. I am fighting for my life here, not an ice cream cone.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Wrong! you can't bring a knife,to a gunfight! Besides ,she can't sheet air up,off area,like some people!...just saying!
We had a PCM recently in which we were told if an NDA is sheeted,and the truck moves again before the stop is completed it will show up on a special report which will be forwarded to Security

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One thing I will say and then I am off to spend time with friends, much needed. If it were not for this site, and the encouragement and stories I hear from others, I would have quit a week ago. No one in my area has any experience with this as I was the first put on Orion, and the only one being questioned about it. I apprreciate all comments good and bad, as it truly has become my demon. But I will beat it. By doing it as they ask. Every directive, and then another, I will ask which to follow. My head will no longer be the only ones who is spinning.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We had a PCM recently in which we were told if an NDA is sheeted,and the truck moves again before the stop is completed it will show up on a special report which will be forwarded to Security
That is why I took pictures of the semi leaving and the forklift moving, coz If I would have let it idle, there is another report..........But I was officially there............

[quote="728ups, post: 1339817, member: 33372"We had a PCM recently in which we were told if an NDA is sheeted,and the truck moves again before the stop is completed it will show up on a special report which will be forwarded to Security[/quote]
Scan,big arrow down, wheels move,before stop Is completed = another report,!

oldngray

nowhere special
I am certain all of this nitpicking BS is being used as a tool to encourage old timers to retire as soon as possible just to get out of there and as a harassment tool to try to squeeze more production out of less senior drivers.