Has anyone noticed stewards becoming weak all of a sudden?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I understand I am paid by the hour. Is it legal to change my units numbers...recalculate my paid day....2-3 times for the same day? They are changing and adding unit numbers AFTER I punchout.

I have no idea how bonus works to be honest. THe DOL and NLRB cannot help you if the union isn't? It would seem that if all of the outlets cannot help, then you are SOL and no one here can help.

Dustbunny

Help me!
The DOL and NLRB can help, but it is useless at this point. It is not about the money aspect of it anymore (UPS owes over a year in penalty pay). It is the point that UPS/IE can change numbers behind your back, change your day, and get away with altering timecards. And after doing all this the union says, UM they can do that now, not last year, but now they can.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
as long as they are changing you clock in time or out time or clocking youout during times you are working then what difference does it make. Your pay is based on the hours you worked. PERIOD!!

im new to this site , so i have no idea how and where to post stuff. but im having major issues with my union president being completely INCOMPETANT. ive been out on comp since june'10 for arthroscopic hip surg. well he knew this the whole time and never said a word to me about withdrawal card . im receiving notices from hall still saying im in arrears on dues , when im actually NOT. getting pissed that im being told hes gna fix stuff and weeks later im still getting notices. not only that but i had never received my check for un used rover days. told him 3 friend-ing times and still none of my money has made it to me. how do you go about lighting a fire under your useless PRESIDENTS ARSE?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
im new to this site , so i have no idea how and where to post stuff. but im having major issues with my union president being completely INCOMPETANT.

That is not unusual. Some are good, others not.

ive been out on comp since june'10 for arthroscopic hip surg. well he knew this the whole time and never said a word to me about withdrawal card .

Dues here are paid out of your check. When you stop getting a regular check, the company notifies the union and you no longer are assessed union dues. So you need to follow up with the union on that. The president of the union might be a bit busy to handle something like this, call the union hall and speak to the gal that takes care of the books. Talk to the people in charge of your problem, it gets it fixed faster than talking to the top dog......

im receiving notices from hall still saying im in arrears on dues , when im actually NOT. getting pissed that im being told hes gna fix stuff and weeks later im still getting notices.

As I said, your contacting the wrong guy. Im sure he intends to help, but then forgets. Your problem is not a crisis, so not on the front burner for him. Again, call the secretary for the local, she will help

not only that but i had never received my check for un used rover days. told him 3 friend-ing times and still none of my money has made it to me. how do you go about lighting a fire under your useless PRESIDENTS ARSE?

Pst, unused days are a wage problem with UPS. Have you contacted them and put your request in writing? IF so, the standard procedure is to file a grievance. You have done that, right? Because without it, the pres has no knowledge or paperwork to follow up on.

And of course, after you have filed, file for the penalties that are due you for an untimely payment. But you are only due the untimely payment penalties if you followed proper procedures for getting paid what was due you. So did you request that in writing?

In regards to the original post, the over 9.5 worked day, I have filed many and won them. Problem is when the driver insists on being in on the hearing, the company promises him that they will reduce the 9.5's if he will not push for the penalty pay portion of the grievance. The driver, over the objections of the steward (me) accepts the companies offer in exchange for the company not having to pay extra.

So the steward did his job, and won the grievance. IT was the grievant that undercut the efforts of the steward and declined to accept the hard won penalties.

So, explain to me, how a steward can meet with your approval, when you undermine his efforts to please you in the first place? You asked him to file, you assisted in the paperwork to make sure it was complete and accurate, he presents the grievance, and per the contract, gets a settlement agreed to under the contract.

Then you come into the discussion and the company whines about you falling through the cracks, and it wont happen again. You roll over, and decline what I won, for the promises of the company to comply with the contract in the future. And over my objections, you accept.

And you blame the steward?

d

nutrena

Just wanted to let you know our local in Ohio has very strong stewarts and they have be able to unite the drivers .
9.5 are filled constantly......they fix it and then we start over. Unity in the drivers is a most!

packageguy

Our steward is as strong as it's members, If we will tell driver not to go home, and they go home, what do you do? Tell a driver take a full lunch, and they don't. Driver bitching each morning about work load, but getting done 5:30- 6:00. who do you blame, the steward. If you are that stupid to blame the steward for that than blame yourselfs for not sticking together.

WE ARE UNION OF BROTHERS WE ALL SHOULD STICK TOGETHER.

did you ever stop to think its a "thriving company" because of the hourlys you "abuse"? Bet you wouldnt want your son,daughter or significant other to be subject to the kind of "abuse" we are.

packageguy

I'm sorry, but I can't beleive you would write this, BIGBROWNLONHORN,
Sounds like your alittle short. Your steward is as strong as the
support you give him. I guess you don't like to make money.

Once your on the 9.5 list you must I mean must maintain your numbers and if you don't,
warning letter than second notice of suspense, Than guess what third notice of discharge.
Is that what you want, so then you can blame the steward for that to. So please stop with the
whinning, do the right thing and stand behind your steward.