Has our union proven themselves useless at this point?

muthatrucka

I'm not anti Union by any means but from mismanaging our pensions to the decline of our healthcare coverage hasn't our union proven themselves to be more trouble than they are worth? I (almost)trust the company more at this point. Our last contract was pushed through under very odd circumstances and it seems that this company simply does what it likes anyway. Every time my family or I go to the doc I have to call and fight teamsters health and welfare to over the charges. They have burned one to many bridges with me. Time for change.

I'm not anti Union by any means but from mismanaging our pensions to the decline of our healthcare coverage hasn't our union proven themselves to be more trouble than they are worth? I (almost)trust the company more at this point. Our last contract was pushed through under very odd circumstances and it seems that this company simply does what it likes anyway. Every time my family or I go to the doc I have to call and fight teamsters health and welfare to over the charges. They have burned one to many bridges with me. Time for change.
Amen!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I am not a big fan of our current teamster leadership, but if you can show me a similar job with our pay, our healthcare and our pension, I will be totally shocked.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Good pay is all we have left.
You must have been sold out to teamcare. I am sorry that happened to you brother. I voted no because of teamcare. We got the west coast/177 hc plan. It's not bad, better than most peoples health insurance plans.

rorojo

Ask your friends how good their insurance is. I'll guarantee its not as good as ours. while your at it ask them if they get raises every year. The Union fought for that. Its our union go to the meetings if you aren't satisfied. The last meeting I went to only three other people showed, so who's to blame. If it was up to management we would make way less.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Scabs gonna scab.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417921324.153169.jpg

Sent using a Potato

People like you make me want to puke.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Either or. I can't believe the entitlement of upsers.

I'll share with you( and everyone else) a personal story...

My dad had his second bout with congestive heart failure in August. He stayed in the hospital for two weeks. The bill was $87k. After the Medicare adjustment, it was close to $6k. He's responsible for 20%.

He said to me, "Ya know, if I didn't have insurance, they'd want every penny of that $87k."

There's a lot of spoiled folks within our ranks. They'll "rah rah, sis boom bah, go Teamsters!" all day long.

But when the union needs them to step up and make a co-pay or a deductible, they suddenly can't see past their own backyard.

It's all about them. The Team comes second.

Sent using a Potato

I'll share with you( and everyone else) a personal story...

My dad had his second bout with congestive heart failure in August. He stayed in the hospital for two weeks. The bill was $87k. After the Medicare adjustment, it was close to $6k. He's responsible for 20%.

He said to me, "Ya know, if I didn't have insurance, they'd want every penny of that $87k."

There's a lot of spoiled folks within our ranks. They'll "rah rah, sis boom bah, go Teamsters!" all day long.

But when the union needs them to step up and make a co-pay or a deductible, they suddenly can't see past their own backyard.

It's all about them. The Team comes second.

Sent using a Potato
That's the mentality of so many upsers. We make ten dollars more an hour than anyone in the industry and our medical is the best in the industry. That said most of thes said people just don't actually get what we have and how much better it is than everyone else.

muthatrucka

That's the mentality of so many upsers. We make ten dollars more an hour than anyone in the industry and our medical is the best in the industry. That said most of thes said people just don't actually get what we have and how much better it is than everyone else.
I was part time for 10 years. I get it. I fought for it. This isn't the dream I went on strike for. Which reminds me where's that strike fund money we pay every month?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I was part time for 10 years. I get it. I fought for it. This isn't the dream I went on strike for. Which reminds me where's that strike fund money we pay every month?

Much has changed in nearly two decades, no?

Surely you know someone, nay, many who, pay for inferior benefits on a salary significantly inferior to ours.

Do you believe that's possible without our union, "brother"?

Sent using a Potato

WESLA

It is what it is
Thanks for the insight Barack

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
That's what I'm looking at! No, no, absolutely no! I have wor

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
K, kids...here goes..
705'rs all got all the info & N a ballot also had the opportunity to ask n pose questions to the newest TEAMCARE.

HOWEVER, RE: pay increase for new hires to $10, complete w/ q