The union vs it’s own members

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Since 8 PM Friday evening how many union leaders have you heard, talked to, watched on tv or seen in the papers? High fiving and smiling? What pleasure have you witnessed? WTF are you talking about?
Snakes hide in the grass.....where have you been. They believe It’s easier for them to ask for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lol.
I can't speak for the rest of the south, but in Kentucky they went Republican because they hated the fact a black guy was running the Democrats for 8 years. Yes , they are that racist they would cut their nose off to spite their face

So are you saying that the racists in your state usually vote democrat?

MattE

I wonder if it’s UPS or another entity? UPS came out with that statement about renegotiating, so is this a modern day union busting effort?

Yep. UPS is the big winner here. Along with Hoffa and Taylor. Almost makes you wonder if they got some kind of bonus for getting this through without renegotiating.

browndevil

The really odd thing to me is the pleasure the union seems to be enjoying by forcning this contract through. A reasonable person would think to themselves, geez we negotiated what we thought was the best deal for our members only to have the majority say that it’s not good enough. Maybe we should have done better. Instead, we as paying members, get told, sorry your vote really didn’t matter anyways as not enough people voted. Almost to a point that the union leaders enjoy this outcome. If anything they should be ashamed. Thousands more of its members said this wasn’t good enough. Thousands of paying members. The overall lack of thought from our top brass that maybe, just maybe, if they did a better job they wouldn’t have to force anything through.

Nope! It’s just easier to blame others.

It’s a bad time to be a member of teamsters.
The only thing being "forced" is the language put in the constitution in 1991

Turdferguson

Just a turd
But according to @Turdferguson the republicans had to play to the racists racism in order to get their votes... so just wondering what the implication of that statement was.
Wrong.
According to me in Kentucky, and I was speaking only about Kentucky that is what they did. I live here. I follow Kentucky politics closely, and specifically mentioned only in Kentucky. So stop twisting what I stated to fit into a blanket statement about Republicans.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
They turned out to be right that he is black...ok.
They turned out to be right that all the poor counties that flipped to Republican in the last Governors race are regretting it because he dismantled their health care? They turnout to be right because all the poor counties that flipped their Kentucky senate seats to republican are upset now because they tried to make them work in order to get their welfare benefits?
No. They are all crying because the Republicans in this state (and I am only speaking about the state I live in) ran and got elected on an anti Obama campaign that played on and up to their racist leanings. Take you a trip through eastern and southern Kentucky before you flap your pie hole about what it's like in this state
Perhaps you should stop running your mouth about :censored2: you know nothing about and spend some time educating yourself. Southeastern Kentucky has almost always went Republican and almost always will. They supported Lincoln and they support Trump.
Southeastern Kentucky wanted to end slavery and I can see why considering the fact there are no slaves needed to work rock piles.
You calling good Appalachian people racist is a freaking travesty.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Perhaps you should stop running your mouth about :censored2: you know nothing about and spend some time educating yourself. Southeastern Kentucky has almost always went Republican and almost always will. They supported Lincoln and they support Trump.
Southeastern Kentucky wanted to end slavery and I can see why considering the fact there are no slaves needed to work rock piles.
You calling good Appalachian people racist is a freaking travesty.
I was speaking about control of the state, not the presidency. How many Republican governors have there been in Kentucky?
How many times have the republicans controlled the state legislature? .
The original message I was bringing up was to the poster who said the poor in the south voted for republicans because they thought they would help them. I pointed out that in Kentucky they voted for Republicans despite the republicans saying they were going to slash the programs that were going to help them, and stated that there were people went that way because republicans played upon the fact that a black man was in control of the Democratic party for the last 8 years. Believe it or not there are people who are racist enough out there that they will cut their nose off to spite their face

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Wrong.
According to me in Kentucky, and I was speaking only about Kentucky that is what they did. I live here. I follow Kentucky politics closely, and specifically mentioned only in Kentucky. So stop twisting what I stated to fit into a blanket statement about Republicans.
This is the reason Obama and all Dems screwed themselves in Southeast Kentucky. They threaten a whole regions best source of income with no promises for something equivalent as a replacement and then expect them to vote for Democrats like Alison Lundergan Grimes.

Last edited:

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I was speaking about control of the state, not the presidency. How many Republican governors have there been in Kentucky?
How many times have the republicans controlled the state legislature? .
The original message I was bringing up was to the poster who said the poor in the south voted for republicans because they thought they would help them. I pointed out that in Kentucky they voted for Republicans despite the republicans saying they were going to slash the programs that were going to help them, and stated that there were people went that way because republicans played upon the fact that a black man was in control of the Democratic party for the last 8 years. Believe it or not there are people who are racist enough out there that they will cut their nose off to spite their face
You sound just like one of those Ferguson boys. Atleast you come by it honest, i guess.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
This is the reason Obama and all Dems screwed themselves in Southeast Kentucky. They threaten a whole regions best source of income with no promises for something equivalent as a replacement and then expect them to vote for Democrats like Alison Lundergan Grimes. I have to hear about it everytime grandma calls me from Evarts.

So because your grandma lives in Harlan county you feel I've unfairly labeled her a racist with my statement? I don't believe I know your grandma , I just am going off what I know from personal experience.