Has the IBT ever pushed harder for a yes vote?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are they pushing really hard or are they finally catching up with technology? I use to never get emails and text from IBT. Now I am getting them all the time.
This could be part of it but it seems to me that they are using the technology to push it hard.

It certainly raises some flags Compared to how stuff was done before.

Maybe, all I know is that they aren't
"giving "anything to get that language. If they want me to sell out future teamsters, at least offer me something .
I agree brother. But they are enticing younger part timers with a nice raise, drivers in progression a nice raise and people on the IBT UPS pension plan a bump up in 2020

And the "promise" of 5000 new full-time jobs.....

Brownslave688

They aren't worried about it.

But think about this;

If it is voted down and they do return to the table and address the 2 major concerns....

(22.4's and the part-time wage issue) something else is going to have to give.

That's how negotiations work.

-Bug-
Not if the IBT hadn't agreed to this crap in the first place and it still shouldn't be that way.

If the IBT takes a no vote back to the table and can't make the contract better without giving up other stuff then we need new negotiators.

Mooseknuckle

5000 new full-time jobs....just like the ones that Saturday ground was supposed to create.

And we all seen how many new jobs that came out to.....
I asked a guy ON THE NNC if we ever actually got the Full time jobs from the last contract his response was " I imagine somebody somewhere is keeping track of all that" VERBATIM

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What I'm trying to say is that we haven't gained any new full-time routes in awhile, even with the explosion in new volume over the years.
What I am trying to say is that this term "RCPD" is a fictional job classification that presently holds no contractual onus.
My observation and confusion stems from the overwhelming acceptance of this acronym, in the face of so much negativity to it's reciprocal, fictional job classification 22.4 hybrid driver.

This is why I am making a point to intentionally botch this acronym "RDPC", in hopes of counteracting some of the hypnosis that seems to be taking place.

Mooseknuckle

What I am trying to say is that this term "RCPD" is a fictional job classification that presently holds no contractual onus.
My observation and confusion stems from the overwhelming acceptance of this acronym, in the face of so much negativity to it's reciprocal, fictional job classification 22.4 hybrid driver.

This is why I am making a point to intentionally botch this acronym "RDPC", in hopes of counteracting some of the hypnosis that seems to be taking place.
You are correct! from now on I'll say REAL full time job.

siouxman

siouxman
Not a peep during negotiations but now it’s relentless. The price you pay when you higher a high profile marketing firm to sell “the greatest contract eva”
How else do we get the information?why would they not push a yes vote they just spent the better part of a year negotiating. Let's see all view points and info

siouxman

siouxman
They aren't worried about it.

But think about this;

If it is voted down and they do return to the table and address the 2 major concerns....

(22.4's and the part-time wage issue) something else is going to have to give.

That's how negotiations work.

-Bug-
What are you willing to give up in return

Brownslave688

I just assumed we were all using it in jest. I laugh a little each time I see the ridiculous term

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How else do we get the information?why would they not push a yes vote they just spent the better part of a year negotiating. Let's see all view points and info
The information is the agreed language. Once we have that, we really don’t need 3 alerts a day on how awesome it is. Let the chips fall where they may. Beyond the indifferent 9.5 language and deplorable 22.4’s, the contract is decent. Unfortunately, those 2 are huge deal breakers.

The information is the agreed language. Once we have that, we really don’t need 3 alerts a day on how awesome it is. Let the chips fall where they may. Beyond the indifferent 9.5 language and deplorable 22.4’s, the contract is decent. Unfortunately, those 2 are huge deal breakers.
The alerts was getting on my nerves. And yes the 22.4 language is horrible