Hazard pay petition

I am FedEx

You sound like a Contractor concerned that your Low wage pay is in trouble.Lindsey Graham shares your concern

Just to piggyback on this. Why you continue to state it’s a low wage pay, you do realize the “drivers” are completely unskilled, uneducated workers. Easy to replace, and are not forced into their job.

I am FedEx

Who cares if he chooses to lay-off a worker or two? It’s his discretion, and if he wants to why should he have to justify that to you?

Working4the1%

You Ground owners say nobody forces them to stay....I AGREE %100..They should do unemployment math themselves....my hunch is an extra $10,000 over 4 months is better...with possibility to get more

Working4the1%

Are you a teenager? You don’t seem to understand how anything works.
Are you a Ground Owner that's going to be out of Employees?? Free money spreads faster than a Virus. Again Lindsey Graham a Senator thinks its a bad idea..96 senators said who cares..Helicopter Money on its way to low wage earners

bacha29

Just to piggyback on this. Why you continue to state it’s a low wage pay, you do realize the “drivers” are completely unskilled, uneducated workers. Easy to replace, and are not forced into their job.
Easy to replace? They why were Ground terminals weeks behind during last years peak with boxes piled up between trucks so high you couldn't even find them loaded trailers sitting for days waiting to be unloaded and boxes literally piled outside with traps over them?
Oh for sure for sure . No problem. They come a dozen are everywhere you look.

bacha29

Are you a teenager? You don’t seem to understand how anything works.
And here you are in Boston Metro area. One of the most heavily COVID 19 impacted areas in the country. And like many other contractors you've got you're people out there with no PPE no health insurance, no life insurance and no sick pay. If they get sick disabled and or die .....that's their tough luck.

It will be fine

And here you are in Boston Metro area. One of the most heavily COVID 19 impacted areas in the country. And like many other contractors you've got you're people out there with no PPE no health insurance, no life insurance and no sick pay. If they get sick disabled and or die .....that's their tough luck.
None of that is accurate. I like that you’ve added life insurance to your list of grievances as if term life coverage is unobtainable for the poor working stiff.

Working4the1%

In Massachusetts, eligible recipients get about 50 percent of their average weekly wage, up to the current maximum of $823 per week, for up to 26 weeks plus an extra $600 to stay home

I am FedEx

I’m amazed at all the people saying Ground deserves X,Y,Z. Ground is a subcontracted operation of Fedex. They simply are allowed to deliver freight for us at a marginal cost. At anytime we could pull the freight away they own the area not the freight. Why should they be entitled to the benefits of the corporation, when they are simply not a part of it.

bacha29

I’m amazed at all the people saying Ground deserves X,Y,Z. Ground is a subcontracted operation of Fedex. They simply are allowed to deliver freight for us at a marginal cost. At anytime we could pull the freight away they own the area not the freight. Why should they be entitled to the benefits of the corporation, when they are simply not a part of it.
If they are not part then why are they out there risking their lives making a major share of the corporations profits and in doing so keeping that corporation's stock going from an 86 dollar stock to a 46 dollar stock or even a 33 dollar stock which is what it was when the last recession hit?
Those people you clearly believe are some type of subculture and a lesser class of humanity are keeping your 401K from becoming virtually worthless.

MAKAVELI

Are intentionally missing my point? Did I say white collar workers should feel entitled? No, nor did I imply it. Did I say blue collar workers are beneath white collar workers? No, nor did I imply it. What I DID say is that FedEx and UPS are unskilled labor positions. The HUGE majority of unskilled labor positions pay minimum wage or close to it. Ours pay enough that we can actually make a living off of it and for that we are fortunate. Is it okay to say we’re fortunate or will you infer some kind of insult from that too?
That all depends on what you consider " make a living off of". Pay as a driver varies quite a bit. So it really depends on how long you've been with the company.