Hazzard pay

Slacker45

I don't even waste me time on comments on like these. If you have a problem please speak to my secretary @Poop Head
Anyone who doesn't stand in solidarity with their brothers is a scab in my book. I cant believe your downplaying your fellow coworkers calls for safety. You dont have to wear it yourself but you can stand next to us while we request it

Indecisi0n

Anyone who doesn't stand in solidarity with their brothers is a scab in my book. I cant believe your downplaying your fellow coworkers calls for safety. You dont have to wear it yourself but you can stand next to us while we request it
Your a package car driver, not a hero so calm down Tom Cruse.

Indecisi0n

I used to look up to you man
The nurses going to work without PPE are heros
The firemen and police are heros
Those guys are dying by the dozens and no one mentioned :censored2:

If you feel that unsafe then don't come to work. UPS has ready said you can stay home and not be fire. Put :censored2: into perspective. I don't give two :censored2:s about money. If I felt that u safe for me or my family more money isn't going to do :censored2:.

Slacker45

The nurses going to work without PPE are heros
The firemen and police are heros
Those guys are dying by the dozens and no one mentioned :censored2:

If you feel that unsafe then don't come to work. UPS has ready said you can stay home and not be fire. Put :censored2: into perspective. I don't give two :censored2:s about money. If I felt that u safe for me or my family more money isn't going to do :censored2:.
I'll work but I want the company to atleast direct me on how to work safe. NOTHING on how to deal with customers, nothing on how to handle packages.

Nothing on how to properly stay disinfected.

Working against cdc guidlines.

Nobody is wearing masks, not even n95 my fellow brother wearing a mask protects me from him even if it's your skid marked underwear.

We risk our lives too. I'm going out there everyday risking infection and this company will drop me like a fly tomorrow if the volume drops... apparently you run meetings. What are you going to do about that. That's my biggest fear. I'll go out there and work but I dont wont to be dropped tomorrow without anything

PT Car Washer

I'll work but I want the company to atleast direct me on how to work safe. NOTHING on how to deal with customers, nothing on how to handle packages.

Nobody is wearing masks, not even n95 my fellow brother wearing a mask protects me from him even if it's your skid marked underwear.

We risk our lives too. I'm going out there everyday risking infection and this company will drop me like a fly tomorrow if the volume drops... apparently you run meetings. What are you going to do about that. That's my biggest fear. I'll go out there and work but I dont wont to be dropped tomorrow without anything
Disposable labor.

Indecisi0n

Listen we aren't children. Take your health and the health of your family into your hands. No one cares that much about you or your family like you do. If you think for one second anyone at work cares about you then you are mistaken.
By law UPS has to give you a mask, if they don't then refuse to work. It's simple. You take charge. Stop waiting for them to coddle you.

Slacker45

Listen we aren't children. Take your health and the health of your family into your hands. No one cares that much about you or your family like you do. If you think for one second anyone at work cares about you then you are mistaken.
By law UPS has to give you a mask, if they don't then refuse to work. It's simple. You take charge. Stop waiting for them to coddle you.
Thanks union rep. I'll remember that next time I vote. I'll vote out my incumbents in my local just in the hope it's you.

Indecisi0n

Thanks union rep. I'll remember that next time I vote. I'll vote out my incumbents in my local just in the hope it's you.
I am not here to baby people. When the :censored2: gets serious I'm blunt and to the point. If you want someone to paint you a fairy tail picture of the world then you got the wrong guy. I know my rights better than any of those managers and when they come at me I come back twice as hard. When they realize that they back off and look for the next sheep. It's how it works. The sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

Slacker45

I am not here to baby people. When the :censored2: gets serious I'm blunt and to the point. If you want someone to paint you a fairy tail picture of the world then you got the wrong guy. I know my rights better than any of those managers and when they come at me I come back twice as hard. When they realize that they back off and look for the next sheep. It's how it works. The sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.
Aside from PPE, I want direction in how to stay safe. I'm not a doctor, i dont know I'm young i need direction. I get direction on how to drive i should get direction on how to interact with customers, res and commercial alike. Should I enter the building with confirmed cases or leave them? I dont know NOBODY has said a word. I got a message to announce UPS I'm sure it's because we are wearing masks but how often can I wipe down my cab, change my gloves, put on a mask, apparently not at all since management is on my ass about production.

Union and management alike hasn't done anything. You want me to come in for mentoring on how to drive, how about mentoring on how to stay safe and keep the virus off you.

Apparently your leader, what do I do about my fellow brothers who refuse to wear a mask. I can't get a mask until I come in and I walk past plenty of them. What should I do about that

Indecisi0n

Aside from PPE, I want direction in how to stay safe. I'm not a doctor, i dont know I'm young i need direction. I get direction on how to drive i should get direction on how to interact with customers, res and commercial alike. Should I enter the building with confirmed cases or leave them? I dont know NOBODY has said a word. I got a message to announce UPS I'm sure it's because we are wearing masks but how often can I wipe down my cab, change my gloves, put on a mask, apparently not at all since management is on my ass about production.

Union and management alike hasn't done anything. You want me to come in for mentoring on how to drive, how about mentoring on how to stay safe and keep the virus off you.

Apparently your leader, what do I do about my fellow brothers who refuse to wear a mask. I can't get a mask until I come in and I walk past plenty of them. What should I do about that
At this point you don't do anything about your fellow members. You work by the CDC guidelines. You keep 6 ft away from all people as best you can. Wear gloves , don't ever touch your face and wear a mask. If the company doesn't supply these to you again you have ever right to refuse to work. It's a unsafe and unlawful work environment. That's all you can do. When you get home drop all your cloths at the front door or garage and run right to shower and get clean. Wipe down all door handles and your car.

I am more upset that the union hasnt forced UPSs hand on doing certain things but again there is only so much they can do.

We have had multiple drivers get so frustrated they are all going out on comp/disability and now our hub is beyond short staffed. Guess what? Tough :censored2:. They made their bed and now they are paying for it.

Stay safe and I will also be here to answer and help you out in anyway but again I can only give advice you have to be the one who puts it into action.

Slacker45

At this point you don't do anything about your fellow members. You work by the CDC guidelines. You keep 6 ft away from all people as best you can. Wear gloves , don't ever touch your face and wear a mask. If the company doesn't supply these to you again you have ever right to refuse to work. It's a unsafe and unlawful work environment. That's all you can do. When you get home drop all your cloths at the front door or garage and run right to shower and get clean. Wipe down all door handles and your car.

I am more upset that the union has forced UPSs hand on doing certain things but again there is only so much they can do.

We have had multiple drivers get so frustrated they are all going out on comp/disability and now our hub is beyond short staffed. Guess what? Tough :censored2:. They made their bed and now they are paying for it.

Stay safe and I will also be here to answer and help you out in anyway but again I can only give advice you have to be the one who puts it into action.
Thank you because that is literally the first advice anyone has given me aside from a few fellow drivers. My stewards dont even wear masks. My state isn't hit hard yet but we have surrounding ones and I deliver in several towns with cases and actually the first county in my state to be hit.

My main concern is the lack of direction from the company. I get messages about backing but not 1 on stay 6 feet from customers, leave package on ground and leave if they approach you... i had to start that on my own. if you could direct that in the next meeting that you run, even if it's not my local maybe it will trickle down.

Indecisi0n

Thank you because that is literally the first advice anyone has given me aside from a few fellow drivers. My stewards dont even wear masks. My state isn't hit hard yet but we have surrounding ones and I deliver in several towns with cases and actually the first county in my state to be hit.

My main concern is the lack of direction from the company. I get messages about backing but not 1 on stay 6 feet from customers, leave package on ground and leave if they approach you... i had to start that on my own. if you could direct that in the next meeting that you run, even if it's not my local maybe it will trickle down.
Just worry about you and your family. Get on Google and learn how to be safe. If other people don't want to wear masks and or gloves that's all them. If anything it just helps me to know they don't care and to keep my distance from them.

Slacker45

Just worry about you and your family. Get on Google and learn how to be safe. If other people don't want to wear masks and or gloves that's all them. If anything it just helps me to know they don't care and to keep my distance from them.
Them not wearing masks isn't all them it's me too. Only n95 protects against breathing in, and I don't get issued one until I talk to my manager. Hes not wearing a mask. Other people wearing masks at least helps protects you. Maybe the union should try and get members to wear masks at the center as well (even a scarf)

Indecisi0n

Them not wearing masks isn't all them it's me too. Only n95 protects against breathing in, and I don't get issued one until I talk to my manager. Hes not wearing a mask. Other people wearing masks at least helps protects you. Maybe the union should try and get members to wear masks at the center as well (even a scarf)
Well this isn't going to make you feel any better but even a n95 mask doesn't protect you. The only mask that protects you from breathing in infection droplets are custom made masks that are fitting to your face. That's it. The only people I know that do this are medical professionals. It's an OSHA requirement. Wearing a mask really protects other people. If your sick it helps you not breath the virus onto them. Even that being said I would still cover up with one of them cheap masks.