Hazzard pay

542thruNthru

Well it didn't affect dues so not sure why "hazard pay", which you won't be getting anyway, would affect monthly dues. But don't think the greedy "leaders" can't increase dues on a whim. It has happened before so I suppose you could be correct kinda sorta maybe.

Well when people talk about hazard pay they usually mention a 1 or 2 dollar bump in hourly pay. A bonus is a 1 lump sum.

A bump in hourly pay means your dues go up. 2.5x hourly rate in my local.

Now yes if it was just a bonus at the end of the month then I would agree with you.

WorkingAsDirected

giphy (2).gif

11.19igrad

Yes they do but most of those jobs are in the building

22.4 jobs are doing the same job as a rpcd only making less

I had an on car sup tell me after this last contract that he could not believe UPS was able to get someone to take a pay cut to do our job

I couldn't either
I mean, here in Nashville, a shot at a union $20.50 job is hard to come by and it's better than waiting for 5-10yrs at preload for someone to retire... with OT and everything we can make $45-$55k and now with the virus, millions of people laid off, I'm dealing with some bs from a grievance but I feel lucky I have a toe in the door... I've worked just as hard for a lot less.

The Union could step up and not raise its dues. Take one for the “Team”. Or they could lay-off Teamster office workers who are working from, “home”. Either way is fine with me.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The Union could step up and not raise its dues. Take one for the “Team”. Or they could lay-off Teamster office workers who are working from, “home”. Either way is fine with me.
The people here who have won grievances would disagree with you greatly.

The union has had my back, and made me significant amounts of extra money from grievances, that I would not have gotten without their backing.

Dues are cheap when you consider how much other kinds of insurance cost.

542thruNthru

You laugh we Union members are risking our lives. The Teamsters office workers get to work from home? I’ll take their being laid off money. The least the union could do is grant hazard pay for a temporary amount of time. All Americans are taking one for the good of country. Just not the Teamster workers.

Then apply to be a office worker at your local.

Indecisi0n

You laugh we Union members are risking our lives. The Teamsters office workers get to work from home? I’ll take their being laid off money. The least the union could do is grant hazard pay for a temporary amount of time. All Americans are taking one for the good of country. Just not the Teamster workers.
Your a true hero. Captain Sully ain't got sl-lit on you !

SLW

Teamsters should start throwing their weight around soon. We will never have as much power as we do right now.