Health Benefits after retirement (pier 80)

Y

yoder

So I am doing a survey on who all has health benefits upon retirement with the teamsters pier 80 program. Currently here in Montana we don't have squat,except for the cobra for the first 18 months for 700.00 a month.I've talked to other drivers around the country and they all seem to have health care for about 50.00 a month.Please let me know how bad we are getting screwed here, and what to do about it. Thanks for the info.

T

tieguy

Who is supplying your health benifits now? UPS or the teamsters?

Y

yoder

I should have clairified that, I am talking about full time drivers, and members of the teamsters. We do have health coverage now with the union.Bye

D

dannyboy

Yoder

Grab your ankles and take some asprin. OR maybe some anti inflamitories might be in order.

Untill last week it was $50 per month for a retired UPS man with 30 years in for coverage. Adding your wife would take it to $75.

As of this week, the cost went to $200, and $400 for you and your wife. IT will go up $100 per year till it gets to $500 a month. HArd to tell where it will go from there.

So while you are getting it now, it will soon be shared with many others.

d

W

wkmac

YES SIR,THE UNION WILL NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, .........................................
............NEVER,SCREW US GOOD UNION MEMBERS OVER! THE COMPANY WILL IN A HEART ATTACK BUT THE UNION NEVER WILL.

Just felt the burning need to add that to the discussion.

Carry on!