Heard that MIP is really going to suck

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No driver hate--just thought I would say it to you guys for a change. Lord knows management has said it to the hourly a million times. Don't be so thin skinned.
Was responding to Monkey Butt saying take it out on the drivers furtherup. I just used your quote because, as you said, it's been said to use many times. Well, that and the post office/Dominos.

UPSGUY72

Because UPS includes the projected bonus in your salary review ... except it's 2.00, not 0.70.

What are you talking about.. The bonus (MIP) UPS gives certain management employees is public knowledge.

UPS Management Incentive Program Terms and Conditions

We get a set bonus each year and depending on what the MIP factor is that year will determine how much of that base bonus we get. This year we get 70% of the base bonus rate. As a FT Sup I get my base bonus is 17% of my year pay ths iyear I get 70% of that 17 percent as a bonus... MY center manager's base bonus is 34% of his year pay... The DM base bonus is 60%...

Management also gets up to an additional months pay depending on how much of class A stock they keep that called the ownership incentive program.

Then we get raises each year that depend on a person individual performance....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What are you talking about.. The bonus (MIP) UPS gives certain management employees is public knowledge.

We get a set bonus each year and depending on what the MIP factor is that year will determine how much of that base bonus we get. This year we get 70% of the base bonus rate. As a FT Sup I get my base bonus is 17% of my year pay ths iyear I get 70% of that 17 percent as a bonus... MY center manager's base bonus is 34% of his year pay... The DM base bonus is 60%...

Management also gets up to an additional months pay depending on how much of class A stock they keep that called the ownership incentive program.

If you get to manager will will know what I'm talking about.
When you get a raise and your first salary review, they will include the bonus at 1.00.
A manager gets 2.00 on the projected bonus.
I changed on my post for you and @Fenris or anyone else that reads it.

Last edited:

Retiree

If you get to manager will will know what I'm talking about.
When you get a raise and your first salary review, they will include the bonus at 1.00.
A manager gets 2.00 on the projected bonus.
I changed on my post for you and @Fenris or anyone else that reads it.
MB - how long have you been retired. Previous post is correct. MIP is no longer 1 unit and 2 units.

Retiree

Last year factor was 100%, so a Supervisor got 100% of 17% of his annualized salary. A Manager got 100% of 34% of his annualized salary and on up the ladder. This year the fact was 70%.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Last year factor was 100%, so a Supervisor got 100% of 17% of his annualized salary. A Manager got 100% of 34% of his annualized salary and on up the ladder. This year the fact was 70%.
So a manager gets 2 to 1 as a supervisor times each ones salary.
It's still the same as before ... just changed the nomenclature to fool the masses.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Everything you described is the same as when I left in 2013.
They just changed the words around to fool the gullible. :geeky:
Actually, I think they hired some new consultants and consultants always change the words around for the same thing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
70 isn't hateful, i don't get why people are upset over a bonus
Everybody seems to keep getting more while Managers and Supervisors get less and less.

They include it at 1.00 in your salary review and to new hires and it is part of your "Salary".
Seems a bit deceitful to me.
In fact, for the last 3 years I had Salary Reviews with my people, I gave them a copy of the HR printout but I did a separate review with more "historically" correct data and used this to review with my people.
My management did not like it but I told them I felt it was dishonest to review a projected salary review when I knew it was most likely too high.
I think the people that reported to me appreciated my honesty and being up front with them.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Everybody seems to keep getting more while Managers and Supervisors get less and less.

They include it at 1.00 in your salary review and to new hires and it is part of your "Salary".
Seems a bit deceitful to me.
In fact, for the last 3 years I had Salary Reviews with my people, I gave them a copy of the HR printout but I did a separate review with more "historically" correct data and used this to review with my people.
My management did not like it but I told them I felt it was dishonest to review a projected salary review when I knew it was most likely too high.
I think the people that reported to me appreciated my honesty and being up front with them.

yeah i wrote off MIP entirely from my personal budget spreadsheets; literally just bonus money in the bank to me

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
They're handing out the MIP today. We are all supposed to smile and say "thank you".
MIP has never been a "Bonus" to me. It is an incentive to put up with all the BS and not complain too loudly.
Plus the 70 hour weeks I put in at Peak; or the travel and phone calls at all hours of the night and weekends...

I know.....McDonalds is hiring...