Helper coordinators are fired!

wornoutupser

I am in Central Florida.
As of Friday, all helper coordinators and golf cart/ pod coordinators are GONE !

We had 71 runs today and now all coordinator duties fall on our TWO onroads that are already working 80 + hours a week!

What maroon came up with this?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I am in Central Florida.
As of Friday, all helper coordinators and golf cart/ pod coordinators are GONE !

We had 71 runs today and now all coordinator duties fall on our TWO onroads that are already working 80 + hours a week!

What maroon came up with this?
Someone decided we are spending too much money. I’m interested to see 4Q report. Could be looking at double digit stock price very soon.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is the easiest peak I have ever experienced in my 31 years with UPS.
Its been nice but I am under no illusion that it will continue.
The pendulum is going to swing the other way—HARD—come January.
If you are disappointed in the paltry amount of OT you are getting this month, have no fear. Things will be changing soon once the Q4 reports come out and they panic over how much they spent on overstaffing us for peak. My guess is that Stops Per Car is about to become the Flavor Of The Week once again....

GenericUsername

I've heard from different people in our management staff that next year's OT will be just like this past 2 months or so we've had. They haven't ever told me anything wrong so far, so it'll be interesting to see if this continues.

Brownslave688

This is the easiest peak I have ever experienced in my 31 years with UPS.
Its been nice but I am under no illusion that it will continue.
The pendulum is going to swing the other way—HARD—come January.
If you are disappointed in the paltry amount of OT you are getting this month, have no fear. Things will be changing soon once the Q4 reports come out and they panic over how much they spent on overstaffing us for peak. My guess is that Stops Per Car is about to become the Flavor Of The Week once again....
I know things here can change on a dime in 1 day here but just last week our ba was telling stewards tell anyone that depends on OT to get their ducks in a row because it’s gone come the new year.

Brownslave688

They were counting on guillible investors to buy into the ORION and “Transformation” snake oil, and they got exposed.
Nice try, though.
This was after a large region meeting and that’s what came out of it. Like I said I know things can change in 1 day.

There’s been no big press release about cutting OT or Orion or “transformation”. So I’m not sure where you think “investors” are getting all of this from. Do you think the board holds closed door meetings with investors and tries to sell them on the next great thing?

Ups and fedex are struggling stock wise right now because amazon is getting involved in shipping. Same thing every industry’s stock has done when amazon gets involved.

Box Ox

Do you think the board holds closed door meetings with investors and tries to sell them on the next great thing?

No, but Abney and crew do go onto CNBC et al and promote technologies like ORION, no left turns (they don’t correct interviewers when asked about left turns), etc like they’re the second coming of Christ.