Helper coordinators are fired!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No, but Abney and crew do go onto CNBC et al and promote technologies like ORION, no left turns (they don’t correct interviewers when asked about left turns), etc like they’re the second coming of Christ.
I’m saying there hasn’t been a wide spread media blitz lately that I’m aware of. Plus large scale money managers don’t go out and buy thousands of shares just because some ceo says something like Orion is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They wait for results.

The stock price drop is because of 1) the overall market drop

2) the fear of amazon distributing the sector

3) the fact that the stock was way overvalued a year or so ago.

4) treasury yields and fear of an upcoming recession.

Not because investors think Orion is a failure.

Returntosender

D47FE6AF-E2EC-403B-A224-D31BF0EA7CC8.jpeg
Someone decided we are spending too much money. I’m interested to see 4Q report. Could be looking at double digit stock price very soon.
practically double digits daily low was 99.75

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know things here can change on a dime in 1 day here but just last week our ba was telling stewards tell anyone that depends on OT to get their ducks in a row because it’s gone come the new year.
If the company is panicking and gets desperate, they will overreact by reverting to form and cutting routes which means more, not less, OT.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeap, my Helper Coordinator got the ax this afternoon. I probably shook the hand of the man that made that decision this morning. We had a retired UPS Center Manager that was working as an outside contractor, he did a good job for us the last five Peaks.

DOK

I am in Central Florida.
As of Friday, all helper coordinators and golf cart/ pod coordinators are GONE !

We had 71 runs today and now all coordinator duties fall on our TWO onroads that are already working 80 + hours a week!

What maroon came up with this?
Someone decided we are spending too much money. I’m interested to see 4Q report. Could be looking at double digit stock price very soon.

It only has to drop a dollar or so for that to happen so yeah, I’d say so.

DOK

I am in Central Florida.
As of Friday, all helper coordinators and golf cart/ pod coordinators are GONE !

We had 71 runs today and now all coordinator duties fall on our TWO onroads that are already working 80 + hours a week!

What maroon came up with this?
It only has to drop a dollar or so for that to happen so yeah, I’d say so.
Last I had looked it was like $105. We may be looking at sub $90 after 4Q earnings if it’s as bad as they are acting.

People and equipment costs way more than giving guys OT. I’d bet they revert back to their proven policy of do more with less guys, my opinion only.

WTFm8

Since Monday last week... I’ve been given a paper with Helper info at startup every day...

Of those 9 work days so far, only 3 have shown.

3 weeks ago I caught my helper 1 hour into shift trying to piss next to the truck in the middle of a $250-$300k neighborhood, 2 hours later he :censored2: his pants and leaked onto jump seat. Mechanics replaced the seat base LOL

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Since Monday last week... I’ve been given a paper with Helper info at startup every day...

3 weeks ago I caught my helper 1 hour into shift trying to piss next to the truck in the middle of a $250-$300k neighborhood, 2 hours later he :censored2: his pants and leaked onto jump seat. Mechanics replaced the seat base LOL
Jesus man, at least give the guy a driver release bag to crap in.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

They keep trying to give me a helper for 4 hours on my gravy country peak route. Route is 100+ miles a day, literally nowhere sensible to meet up. I end up losing a half hour dropping them back off. Monday, IN A RENTAL, kid shows up, doesn't have a UPSERS password, so no phone. Basically usless for the 30 apt stops I had. Did 45 stops with him in 4.5 hours.
Tues-Wed 2 no shows in a row. Finally got one today, back in a Brown. Our target sphor today was freaking 12. LOL. Kid didn't have any clue how to use the phone, he told me they had him watch a 5 minute DIAD instructional video and that was it for training. So we both fumbled with the phone all afternoon. You can't make this kind of stupidity up.

Indecisi0n

People and equipment costs way more than giving guys OT. I’d bet they revert back to their proven policy of do more with less guys, my opinion only.
Thry always do. The second everything seems to get running "smooth" someone comes up with the bright idea to pull back in order to try and save a buck and look good.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They keep trying to give me a helper for 4 hours on my gravy country peak route. Route is 100+ miles a day, literally nowhere sensible to meet up. I end up losing a half hour dropping them back off. Monday, IN A RENTAL, kid shows up, doesn't have a UPSERS password, so no phone. Basically usless for the 30 apt stops I had. Did 45 stops with him in 4.5 hours.
Tues-Wed 2 no shows in a row. Finally got one today, back in a Brown. Our target sphor today was freaking 12. LOL. Kid didn't have any clue how to use the phone, he told me they had him watch a 5 minute DIAD instructional video and that was it for training. So we both fumbled with the phone all afternoon. You can't make this kind of stupidity up.
Just hit :censored2: prerecord and deliver the apts with one diad you goon.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
This is the easiest peak I have ever experienced in my 31 years with UPS.
Its been nice but I am under no illusion that it will continue.
The pendulum is going to swing the other way—HARD—come January.
If you are disappointed in the paltry amount of OT you are getting this month, have no fear. Things will be changing soon once the Q4 reports come out and they panic over how much they spent on overstaffing us for peak. My guess is that Stops Per Car is about to become the Flavor Of The Week once again....
Hopefully you are correct
I like OT and normally am under or scratch
Hate that supes are only concerned about when I will finish and can I make 9.5