Here Comes the Electric Fail

It will be fine

You self appointed engineers can argue all you want . All I know is what really matters. The money is going in the direction of EV's and Electric/Hydrogen Fuel Cell hybrids. My current vehicle is a 2018 ICE vehicle. I fully expect it to be the last ICE vehicle I'll own.
I really hate where I’m at for my fleet purchases. EVs just aren’t there yet. Gas trucks are trash. Diesels cost more but are worth it for longevity but I won’t get that benefit if EVs come along as well as expected in the next 10 years.

zeev

Elon Musk sends a rocket into obit than retrieves all three of the boosters there is no competing with AI technology.

wilberforce15

The Tesla truck is ugly as hell, to me anyway
I mocked its aesthetics from day one. I was converted when I realized why it was that way. I thought they were just being stupid and arbitrarily trying to look futuristic.

But the entire design was driven by the decision to make it so rugged, using steel which couldn't be formed into traditional panels. That dictates an angular design.

bacha29

The news out this AM should clearly tell you the direction where the matter is headed.

UPS announced that they have purchased 10 EVTOL"S . Will fly 1400 pound load 250 miles at 170MPH. Fat Freddy will beat that one by announcing that he has purchased 50 C46 Commando's from a South American used aircraft dealer.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FD9E7C77-A4FC-493F-B495-2B0C6425D7B9.jpeg

thedownhillEXPRESS

Look at how far we came technology-wise in the past 20 years and figure that we'll advance at an even faster pace over the next 20. Also figure that companies set these long-term goals all the time and everyone forgets about them by the halfway point.
Hahahahahaha.
Our computers take twenty minutes to start and the LEO’s have so much latency they may as well be pregnant.The IT guys must be on the same exciting pay scale.

floridays

Can't even park half the trucks inside the building now, how are we going to charge up these trucks?

Our station is a dual -use facility, can't park ANY trucks inside, looks like a CF from here.

"And FedEx just pledged to replace 100% of its pickup and delivery fleet with battery-powered vehicles by 2040."
CF= Consolidated Freight :thumbup: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Serf

What they didn’t say is this: If all goes to plan the ground side of our company will be taking out 150-200 stops a day in diesel heavy duty trucks. Our express side will be so gutted in the next 15 years do to piss poor management it makes sense to use an electric fleet as we will only be delivering medicine and paper docs.

It will be fine

What they didn’t say is this: If all goes to plan the ground side of our company will be taking out 150-200 stops a day in diesel heavy duty trucks. Our express side will be so gutted in the next 15 years do to piss poor management it makes sense to use an electric fleet as we will only be delivering medicine and paper docs.
Electric trucks have a lot more power than diesels.