Here`s the card to sign to fix your Central States and Teamsters issue !

mittam

Not trying to get in a pissing match but am curious if one of the APWA founders was management at one time?
Now a simple yes or no is all I ask. Don't wanna hear about Hoffa or a steward in up state NY who took a course in business management. Just curious if this is true and which one.

A Simple "NO"

30andout

Not trying to get in a pissing match but am curious if one of the APWA founders was management at one time?
Now a simple yes or no is all I ask. Don't wanna hear about Hoffa or a steward in up state NY who took a course in business management. Just curious if this is true and which one.
No, don't think you can go from management to hourly, its against the UPS laws.

Cole

I don't think Danny nor Van were in management, but I am not sure. I think Danny has been driving about 35 yrs maybe, and Van 28.

I'll tell you this a couple of our drivers were part-time sups, but once they got out and had a contract, they have never looked back, and once is pretty active with the Union etc...

mittam

Sure you can ptime to fulltime.

right there, that's how our ba and steward got to full-time driving moved from pt sup to ft sup after qualifying with 30 days they decided to stay driving, they had to qualify as drivers to be driver sups

Cole

Who voted a former sup as steward?:confused:1 I am a little confused mittam, how are they ft sups and ba's/stewards, and if they decided to "stay drivers" how are they sup's?

I must be missing something?

mittam

Who voted a former sup as steward?:confused:1 I am a little confused mittam, how are they ft sups and ba's/stewards, and if they decided to "stay drivers" how are they sup's?

I must be missing something?

They were pt sups years ago, and decided to move up to ft sups. In our building they have to be driver qualified to become an on road sup. Once they got 30 days in and were ready to be ft sups they told management they went to the hall paid dues and wanted to be full-time drivers, years later they became stewards and the one is now our ba.

mittam

Gotcha! Is he doing a poor job as a ba?

The one that is a steward (alternate is great) the ba is awful. He actually got elected (doesn't make sense) to get him out of our building. Well that's what is said anyway. Actually he was part of a slate running and it was more or less taking the lesser evil. Everyone loves him at Hostess and the air base and the university he represents but the 4 UPS centers he reps don't like him at all. We probably will have to go to NLRB on 1 year old grievances. He usually hangs his head in a hearing and says I'm sorry just keep filing. Ask badpas about a big$ one he lost in his center.

trickpony1

Mittam-
Is there anything else a member can do about a BA that is, essentially, worthless and won't hear grievances? I understand the NLRB is a government agency and, as such, probably won't do anything.
Is there anyone at the IBT in chicago the members could contact or petition?
Thanks.

Cole

Here's what I suggest Trick, (1) Send a copy of all grievances in question, to the Pres of the local and your ba, send them return receipt requested.Request to know the status of the grievances. (2) Send copies to the Parcel division of the IBT, RE: hall, send them return receipt requested as well. Of course you can send them straight to the NLRB, and they will question your Local, and like in one of our drivers case, the pay and grievance was resolved very quickly.

BROWNDAWG

Red you keep yelling UPS and APWA are the some, where is your PROOF not just your opinion. Untill you show some proof, I'll just guess that you're another loudmouth BA or shop stuard making up more propaganda.
THE APWA HAS NO FILINGS WITH THE LABOR DEPT AND HAS NEVER NEGOTIATED A CONTRACT WITH ANYBODY. I WOULD NOT EVEN BUY A USED CAR FROM THESE SCAM ARTIST.

Cole

Well browndawg, they have charges filed against UPS and the Teamsters. No scam involved, there's just alot of people who think the Teamsters do not care about the members as they should, and our pensions in CS reflect upon that.

Many people feel that starting a Parcel workers union, would ultimatley end up in better representation, maybe it would, maybe not, but the ball is in the Teamsters court to get real about their members, or the "Golden Goose" may take flight.

We feel we work too hard and our company is too profitable to have such pathetic pensions, that even non union company's in many instances get better or = to our pensions.

The representation sure can't be any worse, and possibly would be easier to remove someone selling members out.

When it's over, I hope atleast it will spark the members to be more involved in their union and to stand up to injustices, be it from the union or the company etc...

mittam

Mittam-
Is there anything else a member can do about a BA that is, essentially, worthless and won't hear grievances? I understand the NLRB is a government agency and, as such, probably won't do anything.
Is there anyone at the IBT in chicago the members could contact or petition?
Thanks.

Trick, like Cole said to send it in and DO send it so that they have ti sign for it and you get the receipt of signing

30andout

THE APWA HAS NO FILINGS WITH THE LABOR DEPT AND HAS NEVER NEGOTIATED A CONTRACT WITH ANYBODY. I WOULD NOT EVEN BUY A USED CAR FROM THESE SCAM ARTIST.
Try reading all of the posts, before you comment. Unless you or Red have any proof what so ever, that UPS is behind the APWA, just drop it. If you have any proof, make me a skeptic.

Cole

UPS is not behind it. If that was the case, why would they file NLRB charges against UPS? They have won all 10 against UPS, and once again UPS has until Friday at noon to resolve all issues to the APWA's satisfaction etc...

nospinzone

yeah,,,i see the Big Brown Machine eating a big slice of crow on these NLRB charges. If people havent heard of APWA in the outlying centers, they should after these NLRB verdicts.

BROWNDAWG

Try reading all of the posts, before you comment. Unless you or Red have any proof what so ever, that UPS is behind the APWA, just drop it. If you have any proof, make me a skeptic.

THE TEAMSTERS HAVE A PROVEN HISTORY EVEN LONGER THAN BIG BROWN. THIS COUNTRY BECAME A STRONG NATION BECAUSE OF ORGANIZED LABOR. IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF JOBS BEING SHIPPED OVERSEAS AND DECLINING WORKING CONDITIONS IN THE FREIGHT INDUSTRY THE TEAMSTERS STILL ARE A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH. IM TALKING POLITICALLY CONNECTED AND CORPORATE WISE WHEN IT COMES TO NEGOTIATING CONTRACTS WITH COMPANY BIG WIGS NOT JUST AT UPS. THERE ARE ABOUT 1.4 MILLION MEMBERS INCLUDING 250,000 UPSERS. WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE OTHER MEMBERS FROM OTHER WALKS OF LIFE WHO DONT DRIVE FOR BROWN AND CONTRIBUTE JUST AS WELL. UPS IS NOT THE ONLY CORPORATION THAT PAYS INTO THE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND BUT ALSO ABOUT OVER 3,OOO COMPANIES DO. SINCE ITS INCEPTION IN 1955 ABOUT 34.5 BILLON DOLLARS IN BENEFITS HAVE BEEN PAID OUT. TODAY ABOUT 210,000 RETIREES AND SURVIVING SPOUSES RECIEVE PAYMENTS EACH MONTH. NOW ASK YOURSELF WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ENTRUST YOUR FUTURE TO THE APWA WITH NO PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND WITH QUESTIONABLE AGENDAS. AND ALSO WHY WOULD YOU TRUST UPS WHO CONTINUES TO VIOLATE THE CONTRACT WITH YOUR PENSION. WHAT IF 15YRS FROM NOW UPS GOES BANKRUPT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PENSION?. YES, SEVERAL OF THE RETIREES WHO RECIEVE A PENSION THEIR COMPANIES NO LONGER EXIST BUT THEY ARE PROTECTED BECAUSE THEY ARE TEAMSTERS. EVERYTHING BENEFIT AND WAGES YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED TODAY DIDNT HAPPEN ONE DAY BUT HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME IN THE MAKING THANKS TO THOSE TEAMSTERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE WHO HAVE BELIEVED IN A COMMON CAUSE AND HAVE KEPT OUR UNION STRONG.