Here`s the card to sign to fix your Central States and Teamsters issue !

30andout

THE TEAMSTERS HAVE A PROVEN HISTORY EVEN LONGER THAN BIG BROWN. THIS COUNTRY BECAME A STRONG NATION BECAUSE OF ORGANIZED LABOR. IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF JOBS BEING SHIPPED OVERSEAS AND DECLINING WORKING CONDITIONS IN THE FREIGHT INDUSTRY THE TEAMSTERS STILL ARE A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH. IM TALKING POLITICALLY CONNECTED AND CORPORATE WISE WHEN IT COMES TO NEGOTIATING CONTRACTS WITH COMPANY BIG WIGS NOT JUST AT UPS. THERE ARE ABOUT 1.4 MILLION MEMBERS INCLUDING 250,000 UPSERS. WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE OTHER MEMBERS FROM OTHER WALKS OF LIFE WHO DONT DRIVE FOR BROWN AND CONTRIBUTE JUST AS WELL. UPS IS NOT THE ONLY CORPORATION THAT PAYS INTO THE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND BUT ALSO ABOUT OVER 3,OOO COMPANIES DO. SINCE ITS INCEPTION IN 1955 ABOUT 34.5 BILLON DOLLARS IN BENEFITS HAVE BEEN PAID OUT. TODAY ABOUT 210,000 RETIREES AND SURVIVING SPOUSES RECIEVE PAYMENTS EACH MONTH. NOW ASK YOURSELF WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ENTRUST YOUR FUTURE TO THE APWA WITH NO PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND WITH QUESTIONABLE AGENDAS. AND ALSO WHY WOULD YOU TRUST UPS WHO CONTINUES TO VIOLATE THE CONTRACT WITH YOUR PENSION. WHAT IF 15YRS FROM NOW UPS GOES BANKRUPT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PENSION?. YES, SEVERAL OF THE RETIREES WHO RECIEVE A PENSION THEIR COMPANIES NO LONGER EXIST BUT THEY ARE PROTECTED BECAUSE THEY ARE TEAMSTERS. EVERYTHING BENEFIT AND WAGES YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED TODAY DIDNT HAPPEN ONE DAY BUT HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME IN THE MAKING THANKS TO THOSE TEAMSTERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE WHO HAVE BELIEVED IN A COMMON CAUSE AND HAVE KEPT OUR UNION STRONG.
All points well taken, but what does any of it have to do with my quote???

Cole

Well friend then why couldn't they manage their biggest pension fund? We know the history, the good and bad..see RICO act!!!

BROWNDAWG

All points well taken, but what does any of it have to do with my quote???
TOM COLEMAN, LAWYER WHO WORKS AT WILLAM MULLEN LAW FIRM, WANTS TO BECOME YOUR NEXT APWA PRESIDENT. THIS LAW FIRM ACQUIRED JANUS MERITT STRATEGIES IN 2002 AND ABSORBED IT INTO ITS WILLAM MULLEN STRATEGIES OPERATIONS. JANUS- MERITT WAS HEADED BY ATR GURU GROVER NORQUIST WHOSE AMERICAN TAX REFORM CRUSADE HELPED DEFEAT PRES CLINTONS HEALTH CARE REFORM BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S.THE ATR WAS HEAVILY FINANCIALLY BACKED BY UPS. JANUS MERITT WAS THE PAC THAT LAUNDERED MONEY FOR JACK ABRAMOFF AND ULTIMATELY LED TO THE DOWNFALL OF TOM DELAY AND JOHN DOLITTLE. JANUS MERITT MOST DISQUSTINGLY REPRESENTED AMERICAN MUSLIM COUNCIL MEMBER ALAMOUDI A FIERCE SUPPORTER OF KNOWN TERRORIST GROUPS HAMAS AND HEZBOLLAH. DO YOU WANT PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS KIND OF BAGGAGE TO HANDLE YOUR NEXT PENSION???

J

JonFrum

Fund performances vary, just like with 401(k)s and IRAs

. . . then why couldn't they manage their biggest pension fund? We know the history, the good and bad..see RICO act!!!

Central States is only the *second* largest Teamsters-sponsored pension fund, and is jointly managed (in theory) by a board of trustees (half employer) that is legally seperate from the IBT.

See this 2004 New York Times article. [But ignore the mistaken paragraph about the $77 million loan.] . . .
http://www.cepr.net/err/nytimesarticles/teamsters_11_22.htm

Cole

Re: Fund performances vary, just like with 401(k)s and IRAs

Brown Dawg,

You don't have to use all caps, all the time. On the internet it's equivalent to screaming bro!

As far as Coleman, I personally wouldn't want him having anything to do with my efforts to organize. No I don't want anyone who supports Hezbollah nor Hamas, etc...to have anything to do with me, or my pension, nor my life.

See my friends web page www.shoebat.com/

BROWNDAWG

Re: Fund performances vary, just like with 401(k)s and IRAs

Brown Dawg,

You don't have to use all caps, all the time. On the internet it's equivalent to screaming bro!

As far as Coleman, I personally wouldn't want him having anything to do with my efforts to organize. No I don't want anyone who supports Hezbollah nor Hamas, etc...to have anything to do with me, or my pension, nor my life.

See my friends web page www.shoebat.com/
didnt realize it. no pun intended.

sawdusttv

TOM COLEMAN, LAWYER WHO WORKS AT WILLAM MULLEN LAW FIRM, WANTS TO BECOME YOUR NEXT APWA PRESIDENT. THIS LAW FIRM ACQUIRED JANUS MERITT STRATEGIES IN 2002 AND ABSORBED IT INTO ITS WILLAM MULLEN STRATEGIES OPERATIONS. JANUS- MERITT WAS HEADED BY ATR GURU GROVER NORQUIST WHOSE AMERICAN TAX REFORM CRUSADE HELPED DEFEAT PRES CLINTONS HEALTH CARE REFORM BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S.THE ATR WAS HEAVILY FINANCIALLY BACKED BY UPS. JANUS MERITT WAS THE PAC THAT LAUNDERED MONEY FOR JACK ABRAMOFF AND ULTIMATELY LED TO THE DOWNFALL OF TOM DELAY AND JOHN DOLITTLE. JANUS MERITT MOST DISQUSTINGLY REPRESENTED AMERICAN MUSLIM COUNCIL MEMBER ALAMOUDI A FIERCE SUPPORTER OF KNOWN TERRORIST GROUPS HAMAS AND HEZBOLLAH. DO YOU WANT PEOPLE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS KIND OF BAGGAGE TO HANDLE YOUR NEXT PENSION???

Tom Coleman wants to be our next APWA president??????????????????????????????

THAT IS AN OUT IN OUT, BOLD FACE LIE!!!!!!

Cole

didnt realize it. no pun intended.

I know you didn't that's why I let you know. When I started posted on message boards yrs ago, I had to be told that as well!

Coleman doesn't want to be APWA President, but I don't trust him personally, and the APWA would carry more weight without him or his ilk! ;)

Bill

THE TEAMSTERS HAVE A PROVEN HISTORY EVEN LONGER THAN BIG BROWN. THIS COUNTRY BECAME A STRONG NATION BECAUSE OF ORGANIZED LABOR. IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF JOBS BEING SHIPPED OVERSEAS AND DECLINING WORKING CONDITIONS IN THE FREIGHT INDUSTRY THE TEAMSTERS STILL ARE A FORCE TO BE DEALT WITH. IM TALKING POLITICALLY CONNECTED AND CORPORATE WISE WHEN IT COMES TO NEGOTIATING CONTRACTS WITH COMPANY BIG WIGS NOT JUST AT UPS. THERE ARE ABOUT 1.4 MILLION MEMBERS INCLUDING 250,000 UPSERS. WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE OTHER MEMBERS FROM OTHER WALKS OF LIFE WHO DONT DRIVE FOR BROWN AND CONTRIBUTE JUST AS WELL. UPS IS NOT THE ONLY CORPORATION THAT PAYS INTO THE CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND BUT ALSO ABOUT OVER 3,OOO COMPANIES DO. SINCE ITS INCEPTION IN 1955 ABOUT 34.5 BILLON DOLLARS IN BENEFITS HAVE BEEN PAID OUT. TODAY ABOUT 210,000 RETIREES AND SURVIVING SPOUSES RECIEVE PAYMENTS EACH MONTH. NOW ASK YOURSELF WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ENTRUST YOUR FUTURE TO THE APWA WITH NO PROVEN TRACK RECORD AND WITH QUESTIONABLE AGENDAS. AND ALSO WHY WOULD YOU TRUST UPS WHO CONTINUES TO VIOLATE THE CONTRACT WITH YOUR PENSION. WHAT IF 15YRS FROM NOW UPS GOES BANKRUPT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR PENSION?. YES, SEVERAL OF THE RETIREES WHO RECIEVE A PENSION THEIR COMPANIES NO LONGER EXIST BUT THEY ARE PROTECTED BECAUSE THEY ARE TEAMSTERS. EVERYTHING BENEFIT AND WAGES YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED TODAY DIDNT HAPPEN ONE DAY BUT HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME IN THE MAKING THANKS TO THOSE TEAMSTERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE WHO HAVE BELIEVED IN A COMMON CAUSE AND HAVE KEPT OUR UNION STRONG.
Great avatar.
On a serious note, you are right when you say that the Teamsters have a proven history. However, history can be positive and/or negative. In the early years, management made all the decisions, thus the need for a union. The unions protected the working man then, but now the Teamsters are using their positions for their own gains. The Teamsters have sold us out by negotiating the "best contract ever", but immediately afterwards, started to cut our pensions and medical benefits. The pension in Central States is in such bad shape that in less than 10 years, the pension will be underfunded to the point that we only receive $1000 per month through the insurance. Imagine working 30 years or longer and receiving a measly $1000 per month in which to retire on! The numbers from the 5500 annual reports prove this fact. Also, this annual report shows that there are $120 million in administration fees. Excessive? Where do you think some of this money goes? If you guessed that the Teamsters are building up a healthy pension for themselves, you may be right. While they are sitting comfortable and have a hefty pension when they retire, we are left holding the bag. The pension money that UPS contributes belongs to the hard working UPS employees, and not the Teamsters. As long as the Teamsters control our money, we will never receive what we are entitled to. That is why UPS made an offer to administer the pension with the Teamsters for UPS people only, but since UPS will have equal oversight, the Teamsters will never agree to it.
Do you really think that UPS will go out of business in 15 years or anytime soon? UPS has so much financial capital, this is not even an issue. There is more chance that the Teamsters will not be able to pay out a pension in 15 years, because each year for the last 4 years (it coould be longer, but I only have the last 4 years annual reports on the pension) the liabilities have skyrocketed and presently the liabilities are 39 billiion dollars to the 19 billion dollars in assets. In simple terms, they owe more than twice the money they have. This is the reason that our pensions are being cut, and our medical benefits are getting worse. This is why they want us to work until the age of 65, because it delays the payout and they know that most of us will never be able to work at this job until 65. At the the same time, the Teamsters are taking hefty pay raises and have a secure pension.
ANother good example of the Teamsters financial weakness was during the strike of 1997. The strike fund payout was $55 per week. Who can live off this paltry amount? The fact is that they didn't even have this money, as they ran out of money and couldn't even pay this small amount. Then they had the nerve to charge union dues, so they ended up giving us $5 for a week in which to live. Is this a joke or what?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
Great avatar.
On a serious note, you are right when you say that the Teamsters have a proven history. However, history can be positive and/or negative. In the early years, management made all the decisions, thus the need for a union. The unions protected the working man then, but now the Teamsters are using their positions for their own gains. The Teamsters have sold us out by negotiating the "best contract ever", but immediately afterwards, started to cut our pensions and medical benefits. The pension in Central States is in such bad shape that in less than 10 years, the pension will be underfunded to the point that we only receive $1000 per month through the insurance. Imagine working 30 years or longer and receiving a measly $1000 per month in which to retire on! The numbers from the 5500 annual reports prove this fact. Also, this annual report shows that there are $120 million in administration fees. Excessive? Where do you think some of this money goes? If you guessed that the Teamsters are building up a healthy pension for themselves, you may be right. While they are sitting comfortable and have a hefty pension when they retire, we are left holding the bag. The pension money that UPS contributes belongs to the hard working UPS employees, and not the Teamsters. As long as the Teamsters control our money, we will never receive what we are entitled to. That is why UPS made an offer to administer the pension with the Teamsters for UPS people only, but since UPS will have equal oversight, the Teamsters will never agree to it.
Do you really think that UPS will go out of business in 15 years or anytime soon? UPS has so much financial capital, this is not even an issue. There is more chance that the Teamsters will not be able to pay out a pension in 15 years, because each year for the last 4 years (it coould be longer, but I only have the last 4 years annual reports on the pension) the liabilities have skyrocketed and presently the liabilities are 39 billiion dollars to the 19 billion dollars in assets. In simple terms, they owe more than twice the money they have. This is the reason that our pensions are being cut, and our medical benefits are getting worse. This is why they want us to work until the age of 65, because it delays the payout and they know that most of us will never be able to work at this job until 65. At the the same time, the Teamsters are taking hefty pay raises and have a secure pension.
ANother good example of the Teamsters financial weakness was during the strike of 1997. The strike fund payout was $55 per week. Who can live off this paltry amount? The fact is that they didn't even have this money, as they ran out of money and couldn't even pay this small amount. Then they had the nerve to charge union dues, so they ended up giving us $5 for a week in which to live. Is this a joke or what?
Points that cannot be denied as usual !

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE A SCAB FOR PUTTING APWA INFO ON THIS WEBSITE. I'M GLAD EVERYTIME MOTHER NATURE DECIDES TO TAKE A CRAB SHE DUMPS A HURRICANE ON FLORIDA. HOPEFULLY, IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS.
An to you i hope your camels fleas infest your privates or goat what ever it may be :w00t:

BROWNDAWG

Tom Coleman wants to be our next APWA president??????????????????????????????

THAT IS AN OUT IN OUT, BOLD FACE LIE!!!!!!
do you actually think they are giong to let upsers take the helm?? i understand your frustration im on the same boat. it surprises me how easily people are persuaded and are ready to throw anybody under the bus. we have been at ups to long to understand how non union employees or poorly represented fair in todays job market. believe me its a very grim situation. teamsters are leaders not followers, we've had our days of glory and our share of feeling inside a bottomless pit. the teamsters are not perfect but they have stood behind us in times of need now its our turn to stand behind them and hold the line.

Cole

Gotta watch out for ol'e mother nature and her "crabs".

As far as someone putting APWA info on this site, in case you didn't notice, this is not a Teamster only site, and this is America, anyone can post info about what they want.

So is it mother nature deciding to take a "crab" when tornadoes hit Texas etc...?
I wouldn't wish either on anyone. That's plain wrong imho.

sawdusttv

do you actually think they are giong to let upsers take the helm?? i understand your frustration im on the same boat. it surprises me how easily people are persuaded and are ready to throw anybody under the bus. we have been at ups to long to understand how non union employees or poorly represented fair in todays job market. believe me its a very grim situation. teamsters are leaders not followers, we've had our days of glory and our share of feeling inside a bottomless pit. the teamsters are not perfect but they have stood behind us in times of need now its our turn to stand behind them and hold the line.

So, what you are saying is that it is alright to come on here and post BOLD FACED LIES, as long as you are doing it in order to stand behind the teamsters.
"GOT YA", that explains a lot of these teamster posts!

BROWNDAWG

As far as someone putting APWA info on this site, in case you didn't notice, this is not a Teamster only site, and this is America, anyone can post info about what they want.

So is it mother nature deciding to take a "crab" when tornadoes hit Texas etc...?
mother nature is actually snoring when it comes to tornadoes in texas...it was an offhand remark about florida im guilty! but seriously speaking steward to steward (im a steward also) you are in position of leadership and should represent the interest of our union at all times this is why we were elected.this may not be a teamster only site but our union does affect every aspect of our daily life in ups whether your in management or rank and file including outcasts who could care less. ups and the teamsters are like a marriage between man and wife with no room for the extramarital fling apwa.

BROWNDAWG

So, what you are saying is that it is alright to come on here and post BOLD FACED LIES, as long as you are doing it in order to stand behind the teamsters.
"GOT YA", that explains a lot of these teamster posts!
this information is readily available to anyone who wishes to seek the truth either on the web, newspapers, magazines, court transcripts, etc... i have no reason to lie. i just want people to make an informed decision about their future and well being.

Cole

but seriously speaking steward to steward (im a steward also) you are in position of leadership and should represent the interest of our union at all times this is why we were elected.this may not be a teamster only site but our union does affect every aspect of our daily life in ups whether your in management or rank and file including outcasts who could care less. ups and the teamsters are like a marriage between man and wife with no room for the extramarital fling apwa.

Dawg,

I understand what you're saying, but what happens when the union we pay isn't looking out for our best interests? As a steward we speak up for the union all the time, but when BA after BA does the minimal and thwarts our efforts, how much credibilty does the union have, especially when you add the CS screw ups on top of it.

As a steward several yrs ago I was forced to file a Fed Law suit againt the Teamsters and UPS, because the union failed to represent us over a substantial amount of money when the company didn't give us proper raises. 3 BA's had a chance to fix the problem but neither had the guts to step up to the plate, which was the interest of the members.

They were warned over and over, then the 3rd guy wanted to sit on it as well, so I warned him if he didn't get real serious about it asap we would take this to a whole other level, he didn't and we did. It was pathetic that it had to go to that level, but at some point you have to take and stand, and some marriages end in divorce sadly.

I don't know if that's what's going to happen, but at the very least, hopefully the Teamsters hiarchy will understand we're not gonna take lame representation, and of course alot of that is on us at the local levels first, then to make changes where needed;)

You're right people need to make informed decisions, because it is our futures, and if we are not involved with the union, be it Teamsters or whoever, then we are a big part of the problems we face.

sawdusttv

this information is readily available to anyone who wishes to seek the truth either on the web, newspapers, magazines, court transcripts, etc... i have no reason to lie. i just want people to make an informed decision about their future and well being.

OK DAWG,
Point us to the document that confirms your statement that
"Tom Coleman wants to be the president of the APWA!
That doesn't include a document that you or the teamsters wrote!
Once I see it and it is a credible source, I'll stop calling you a liar.
Until then, I stand on my statement:
"THAT IS A BOLD FACE LIE"

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE

Hey Cole forget about hurricanes its those crabs I`m really worried about per Browndawg :ohmy: I guess he fergot his spelcker ya thunk !