here we go again,best contract ever

nospinzone

IBT plans to negotiate a .....new collective bargaining agreement that permits UPS to withdraw fromthe Fund and pay a significant amount of cash in exchange for being able to leave. The Company has proposed doing that and also establishing a fully funded plan for UPS employees.

WoW!!! A UPS only pension plan!! That a novel ideal!!! Why didnt I think of that!!! But now, could a UPS-only plan really work??

brett636

IBT plans to negotiate a .....new collective bargaining agreement that permits UPS to withdraw fromthe Fund and pay a significant amount of cash in exchange for being able to leave. The Company has proposed doing that and also establishing a fully funded plan for UPS employees.

WoW!!! A UPS only pension plan!! That a novel ideal!!! Why didnt I think of that!!! But now, could a UPS-only plan really work??

If that does occur, you can kiss your pipe dream goodbye. Thats the only leg the APWA has to stand on and the teamsters are going to rip it right out from underneath you.

mittam

Wow the very thing we went on strike over 10 years ago.According to a letter from Hoffa and Hall even if CS gets the agreement with UPS if it does not meet ALL teamster people (those from other companies) then it will not be negotiated in the contract talks. Then I read that it is a great deal again coming from Hall and Hoffie, so what's up with it, which side of their mouths do we believe?

brett636

Wow the very thing we went on strike over 10 years ago.According to a letter from Hoffa and Hall even if CS gets the agreement with UPS if it does not meet ALL teamster people (those from other companies) then it will not be negotiated in the contract talks. Then I read that it is a great deal again coming from Hall and Hoffie, so what's up with it, which side of their mouths do we believe?

Wow, the very thing you piss and moan about on this forum in support of the APWA is about to be fixed, and yet you still come on here complaining about it. Make up your mind on what you want. Do you want a UPSers only pension or not?

sawdusttv

Wow, the very thing you piss and moan about on this forum in support of the APWA is about to be fixed, and yet you still come on here complaining about it. Make up your mind on what you want. Do you want a UPSers only pension or not?

Would this subject ever been brought up if the APWA hadn't pushed the issue?:biggrin:

wizard

Im new and do not understand all this i got the letter today so do we want to be out of the central states pension fund or not? if we do why? if we dont why? Im sorry for my ignorance i really would like to knwo what this means for me and my family thank you

brett636

Would this subject ever been brought up if the APWA hadn't pushed the issue?:biggrin:

You act like this is the first time this issue has been discussed at contract negotiations. The APWA had little if anything to do with the current pension discussions as UPS was trying to do this 10 years ago. Long before the APWA's existance. Now that the fund(CS) is in poorer health and could use some cash to boost its funding the teamsters are more willing to discuss this issue. I doubt the people at the negotiating table even know who or what the APWA is.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
You act like this is the first time this issue has been discussed at contract negotiations. The APWA had little if anything to do with the current pension discussions as UPS was trying to do this 10 years ago. Long before the APWA's existance. Now that the fund(CS) is in poorer health and could use some cash to boost its funding the teamsters are more willing to discuss this issue. I doubt the people at the negotiating table even know who or what the APWA is.
Brett sounds like a loyal smoker even though he knows its going to mess his life up he`s willing to die for it ! Now thats loyalty !

brett636

Brett sounds like a loyal smoker even though he knows its going to mess his life up he`s willing to die for it ! Now thats loyalty !

Mess my life up? Care to explain how? I am not under CS so it doesn't matter if UPS gets out of it or not. The only way I will be affected is if this next contract contains certain concessions for UPS's willingness to pay the CS withdrawal fee. I'm certainly not loyal to one following or another, I am just willing to look at the reality of the situation.

I'm not an APWA supporter and it certainly isn't a new idea, but I think the APWA deserves at least some credit for putting pressure on the IBT to look at it in a much more favorable light. Without them it's likely that the IBT would be trying to convince us that the answer is to force UPS to dump more money into this albatross...