Here's the situation

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If the customer doesn't complain and demand a refund then it's just numbers on a report. In that situation UPS is more likely to be lenient since it didn't cost them any money.

Its NOT the customer that files the complaint. ITS THE SHIPPER, my god, how long have you worked for UPS?

It matters not what the end reciever does or says, the SHIPPER paid for a service, and this goof did the WRONG thing.

We have rules, and those rules need to be followed to the letter. GO outside the rules for your own pleasure and you get burned.

The obvious answer was for this goof to record them as NM1 and move on, but instead, HE LEFT the packages without a check, and the stop open. This alone is a violation of our delivery methods.

Then he returns, the customer tells him to pound sand, and he states that he had to collect the packages, place them back into the truck, and then close the stop as NM1.

Again, nothing this guy did was inside the realm of common sense and UPS training.

He took a short cut ( in his mind ) and somewhere between the forrest and the trees he got lost.

Now YOU tell him that the customer might not demand a refund?

Its the SHIPPER OLDY that he has to worry about.

This is the kind of "STUPID" all new drivers need to read about.

TOS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Its NOT the customer that files the complaint. ITS THE SHIPPER, my god, how long have you worked for UPS?

It matters not what the end reciever does or says, the SHIPPER paid for a service, and this goof did the WRONG thing.

We have rules, and those rules need to be followed to the letter. GO outside the rules for your own pleasure and you get burned.

The obvious answer was for this goof to record them as NM1 and move on, but instead, HE LEFT the packages without a check, and the stop open. This alone is a violation of our delivery methods.

Then he returns, the customer tells him to pound sand, and he states that he had to collect the packages, place them back into the truck, and then close the stop as NM1.

Again, nothing this guy did was inside the realm of common sense and UPS training.

He took a short cut ( in his mind ) and somewhere between the forrest and the trees he got lost.

Now YOU tell him that the customer might not demand a refund?

Its the SHIPPER OLDY that he has to worry about.

This is the kind of "STUPID" all new drivers need to read about.

TOS.
How long have you been around? We could have a PCM about not talking on your phone while driving and 5 minutes later could catch 5 guys doing it on their way out of the building.

ups clerk

Yeah but if I did nm1 the first time and they had a check which they said they would have, then what? I mean I know I screwed up, it is what it is. Could care less honestly, cause regardless were always wrong.
I would have called my center and told them the situation and let them decide. Lesson learned here.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
NM1. Your either new or simple. A driver is obligated to make one attempt on the stop per day. Get the number of another driver you can trust and call him to ask questions like this. If not call the ORS.
You are simply a simpleton for scanning 14 late airs for no other reason other than your own half-wit-edness.
Idiots wonder and wander why they create targets on their backs.
Don't mince words.

upssouth

Never trust the customer. Half the time I leave the package in the truck. Don't let them hold it or take possession away from you. I wait a reasonable amount of time for them to cut a check then at some point you have to be the bad guy and leave. Just tell the consigned sir we will make 2 more delivery attempts please have the funds ready. Thanks, have a nice day. Leave.