Here's the situation

oldngray

nowhere special
If the customer doesn't complain and demand a refund then it's just numbers on a report. In that situation UPS is more likely to be lenient since it didn't cost them any money.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No money one. If they have it when you go back then resheet it. If you are worried about it looking like you are padding stops simply hit the duplicate key. You can always call your sup and ask them what they want you to do. It's called putting it on them.

A voice of experience.

No discipline as of yet, but was extra today. I usually am though regardless.

You have gotten some good advice from other posters. Live and learn.

Everyone makes mistakes. The people that make them over and over, don't last.

If the customer doesn't complain and demand a refund then it's just numbers on a report. In that situation UPS is more likely to be lenient since it didn't cost them any money.

According to the company, every customer complains.

It's tied in to their evaluation, on how well they run the center.

If it doesn't come up on paper.... they don't care.

-Bug-

HereWeGoAgain

Your screwed.. I've been taken out of service for 20 lates. Btw I would not mention you left the cods with the customer when your in your center manager office tomorrow.

box_beeyotch

Your screwed.. I've been taken out of service for 20 lates. Btw I would not mention you left the cods with the customer when your in your center manager office tomorrow.
No one has said a word to me about it. It happened yesterday but my center manager is also on vacation this week and our building had a tier 3 yesterday also. But yeah I planned on leaving that last part out because that's probably the worst part of it.

CHALLY9TX

No one has said a word to me about it. It happened yesterday but my center manager is also on vacation this week and our building had a tier 3 yesterday also. But yeah I planned on leaving that last part out because that's probably the worst part of it.

10 working days for management to discipline you. You might get lucky and they focus on that tier 3 instead.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
image.jpg
Now this IS a situation!

wayfair

swollen member
Hey man... if they don't have the money/checks ready, NM1, reattempt NEXT day, not same day unless you are directed by mgt to do so
TRAIN the customer!!! They know how much the COD is!

I gotta customer that gets COD's, certified funds, everyday. The customer either has it ready when I get there, puts it on will call or will send one of his employees out to try and meet me( they call, but I don't keep my phone on person). I have 150 other customers that are waiting.

wayfair

swollen member
I hate send agains and will do all that I can to get rid of 'em but there is no way I would even think of doing what the OP did.

the only time I hate send agains is when after the 3rd attempt I'll get a message to put package(s) on will call... after the 3 times I've circled the 1 800 number and written " Call to pick up"

He was too worried about getting done early that he just didn't want to scan 14 boxes again lazy :censored2:. And I bet they know and are going over your past records.Maybe doing your bosses lawns not going to get you out of this.Use your head..........

CHALLY9TX

Not always with brokerage fees.

I agree with regular CODs, but brokerage fees, I am usually a bit more lenient, as UPS is the only shipper that does brokerage fees.

Or the shipper will quote them a certain amount only to be different at time of delivery.

542thruNthru

He was too worried about getting done early that he just didn't want to scan 14 boxes again lazy :censored2:. And I bet they know and are going over your past records.Maybe doing your bosses lawns not going to get you out of this.Use your head..........

What?!?! I don't even know where to begin with this. Scan 14 boxes again? What does that have to do with him leaving CODs? Speaking of using your head... do you even read your own posts? I recommend it.

Mack Grant

Ok so today I had 14 express savers all with brokerage fees totalling to almost t grand today. I delivered to the business at about 1115 this morning, but they didn't have a check ready so I said I would pick it up when I did their pick up. I get to the pick up at 1620 and stop complete it, take all the packages back as they did not leave a check. The problem is I now have shown 14 late airs. However if I were to stop complete upon delivery it would've been falsifying by saying I had a check when I didn't. I could have sheeted it as no money 1 to stop complete in time but I woukdve had to redo the stop anyway when I found out there was no check. I guess my question is, can I expect discipline for this? I strongly feel like I did the right thing here even if it screwed me.
NM1. Your either new or simple. A driver is obligated to make one attempt on the stop per day. Get the number of another driver you can trust and call him to ask questions like this. If not call the ORS.
You are simply a simpleton for scanning 14 late airs for no other reason other than your own half-wit-edness.
Idiots wonder and wander why they create targets on their backs.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah but if I did nm1 the first time and they had a check which they said they would have, then what? I mean I know I screwed up, it is what it is. Could care less honestly, cause regardless were always wrong.
Sound new? No one probably ever told you how to handle. I dunno, thats what it sounds like.