Herman Cain 9-9-9 disaster plan

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well I was a little shocked as wkmac did not seem to be one who would hate this country. So Im glad I was misunderstanding what he said.
I'm glad you misunderstood him too...I think..:happy-very:
Just to be clear, someone has been making posts asserting that anyone who supports the protests that are going on right now "hates America".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh I see, I missed it as I am so unconcerned with these guys. I think if they had a msg, I may support some of it, but I do not think they are like the tea party. And going through Youngstown Ohio, and seeing the occupy Youngstown crowd, I saw nothing to support. there was no coherent message. But I believe they have every right to do it, and talk with anyone who wants to talk with them. Looked like they were having a good time, and freezing their :censored2: off. But they were keeping their area clean, and they were not inhibiting egress, so I was Ok with it.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Thanks for the link...i did not know there was a thread on OWS in another forum. It seems like Brett is outnumbered with all the Liberals on that thread. I would not say "unamerican" but more like total idiots when they are taking a crap on the American flag and police cars. If you support that and think thats OK then there is something wrong with you.

brett636

C'mon Tooner, you know better than to take everything that mac says literally....

Jones,

I guess some people here don't read threads in other forums to understand a rhetorical absurdity to an absurd assertion. Maybe Brett will man up but I doubt it![/QUOTE]

I'm a bit surprised you support them at all as they stand in large part for more government, not less. Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking too. Someone who doesn't have any real political convictions, only interested in playing the game of devils advocate.

brett636

Thanks for the link...i did not know there was a thread on OWS in another forum. It seems like Brett is outnumbered with all the Liberals on that thread. I would not say "unamerican" but more like total idiots when they are taking a crap on the American flag and police cars. If you support that and think thats OK then there is something wrong with you. [/QUOTE]

I don't know what other conclusion to come to. They sing songs like "friend* america!", defecate on the American flag, and are endorsed by both the American Nazi party as well as the American communist party. I'm not going to go into the list of their crazy demands that any one of which would destroy this country. They are unamerican brainwashed idiots plain and simple.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
do not worry More. I heard him on the radio, and he was further explaining the details, that everyone, including me wants to know. How the poor will be reimbursed, so they will not pay an unfair brunt of the burden, just as they are now.
Just as in the fair tax, they will get their tax refunded up to a certain income. He just doesnt let all the details out at once, thats all. Motwon will love him. A professionial successful person, who is always positive. Always laughing, always able to carry on a conversation. He will be fine.

I am sure Motown will embrace the elimination of the minimum wage as a real barnburner!

Peace.

wkmac

Well I was a little shocked as wkmac did not seem to be one who would hate this country. So Im glad I was misunderstanding what he said. I guess I missed something. I dont read everything, always.

Tooner,

The following exchange took place in the "Occupy Wall Street" thread in the UPS Union Issues forum.

I find that if you support this "occupation" in any way shape or form you are simply confirming what I believe to be true and that is you really hate this country. When you support people who defecate on the American flag, police cars, sing "friend* America!", and proudly proclaim its the responsibility of the hardest working to support those of the lowest work ethic then its only natural to assume that you hate the United States. Perhaps your utopia is not contained within these borders, but within the borders of countries like Venezuela, Cuba, or China.

Your hysteria is just beyond ridiculous. From the Reason magazine article I linked in reply to Sleeve, we find the following:

Caricatures cannot do justice to the fully uniformed Marine who stood at the northeastern corner of the square last Sunday night, glaring emotionlessly out into the street. John Cortes told me he'd come from Staten Island to monitor the goings-on at Liberty Plaza. Why? When a U.S. Marine takes the oath to uphold the Constitution, Cortes said, he also vows to protect the right of citizens to peaceably assemble. "We're supposed to defend our fellowmen, right? So if you see somebody, whether it's the police or not, abusing somebody—you're going to do something about it, right?"
On Monday afternoon, an elderly man approached me on the corner of Broadway and Cedar St. to ask if I was covering the demonstration. He had a comment. "I'll be 89 this month," the man said. "I served in the United States Navy during World War II. I remember the Great Depression, when my parents had to go [on relief]. And I realized that this is a wonderful country, but there are too many greedy people who control it."
Walter, from Manhattan, asked not to have his last name printed. "I hope this continues," he said. "Not only here, but throughout the United States, and in larger groups. This country has suffered enough from the plutocrats."

Are you going to tell that marine and WW2 vet that they hate their country? Really? Seriously?

Here's the article I was referring too in the above quote.

In a word, yes. Not everyone that goes into the military loves this country, they just do it for the education benefits or perhaps they had nothing else going for them. Anywho, just look at Jeremiah Wright. He was in the military and look what kind of scumbag he has become. If you support OWS you support defecating on the American flag as well as police cars. You support the Nazi party who has endorsed the OWS protestors. You support communism, and worst of all you support the very destruction of this nation as that is what these people really desire. Bottom line is these people are the best thing to happen to Republicans because democrats are embracing these fools and only a small fringe minority of the country sympathizes with their outrageous demands.

There's the backstory so draw from it what conclusions you will.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Got it, went back and read them,. I appreciate you taking the time to post these to confirm you are not in the hate America crowd.
I jumped to conclusions when I saw the "I hate America" thingy.
I dont know about all the rest. I dont like the groups supporting OWS. I think people protesting is wonderful. I think without those groups supporting it, it would have a better message, if it has one.
I see the sarcasm, and I digress from that I took seriously.
I dont think we should crap on cop cars or burn our flag.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am sure Motown will embrace the elimination of the minimum wage as a real barnburner!

Peace.
Those in Motown looking for a better way, may just embrace it. They may end up making more if the economy is better. I lived in Detroit in the 70s, I lived by people working hard to succeed, scared to go outside, as it was the murder capital of the US then, but working hard to get ahead. Hearing a positive message always helps, IMO.

wkmac

I'm a bit surprised you support them at all as they stand in large part for more government, not less. Oh wait, I forgot who I was talking too. Someone who doesn't have any real political convictions, only interested in playing the game of devils advocate.

You wouldn't know a principle if it reached up and bit you in the ass.

brett636

You wouldn't know a principle if it reached up and bit you in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, this coming from someone who has none.

wkmac

Robert Wenzel of the FreeMarket/Libertarian "Economic Policy Journal" offers commentary of an opposing POV on the 9-9-9 plan.

Also Peter Schiff (mentioned in the above linked piece) has given a "qualified" endorsement of the 9-9-9 plan but he points out a hidden tax in which he sez Cain should rightly call his plan 9-9-9-9. Here's the skinny.

Herman Cain has been gaining much traction with his 9-9-9 Plan, a bold proposal to replace our dysfunctional tax code with what could be a simpler, less invasive, and more economically stimulative alternative. While I don't agree with the full spectrum of Mr. Cain's policy choices, I applaud his courage on the tax front. Judging by his rising poll numbers, this appreciation is widely shared. However, the plan has deep flaws, the most glaring of which is its creation of a hidden payroll tax which represents a fourth "nine." This serious pitfall has been unmentioned by Mr. Cain and overlooked by those who have analyzed his plan.
Cain would replace the current system of income and payroll taxes with a 9% flat-rate personal income tax, a 9% corporate tax, and a 9% national sales tax. Great idea. Such a system would unburden businesses, provide a tax cut for most Americans, and shift taxation to consumption and away from income generation. This is exactly what our economy needs. But unlike our current corporate tax system, the plan eliminates the deductibility of wages and salaries from corporate income. The net effect is the creation of a brand new 9% tax on wages. When this fourth 9 falls from Cain's sleeve, many of his opponents will likely accuse him of cheating.

But then this hidden tax allows the repubs. and Cainites in succeeding years to claim that "tax cuts" led to higher tax revenue. And they said the democrats are crooks and liars, and they would be right too!
:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Robert Wenzel of the FreeMarket/Libertarian "Economic Policy Journal" offers commentary of an opposing POV on the 9-9-9 plan.

Also Peter Schiff (mentioned in the above linked piece) has given a "qualified" endorsement of the 9-9-9 plan but he points out a hidden tax in which he sez Cain should rightly call his plan 9-9-9-9. Here's the skinny.

But then this hidden tax allows the repubs. and Cainites in succeeding years to claim that "tax cuts" led to higher tax revenue. And they said the democrats are crooks and liars, and they would be right too!
:happy-very:

Nice outline. The truth of the matter is that the 999 plan is a gimmick to assist the millionaires and billionaires and transfer the tax burdens to the middle class and the working poor. Just wait, morelucks gonna tell you that its only a plan, and a begining, and its fluid, and its going to change, and its a tremendous idea.

In other words, they dont understand.

Peace.

wkmac

[video=youtube;kmdFxIvOB7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdFxIvOB7Q&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

There are a lot of various versions of morality. Some things I think are immoral, someone else may think is fine. IMO, using the word immoral could be a bit of a stretch.