Hired as 22.4 Driver off street

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So I can drive a commercial vehicle over 10,000 gvw on public thoroughfare any or every day as long as there's another person sitting in the jump seat who has a DOT medical card?

I have no idea what the restrictions are. I do know that driver applicants are in the jump seat while the supervisor/trainer drives to the road test starting point. The sup then gets out, the applicant shifts to the driver's seat and the evaluator gets in the jump seat. The road test for my former center was a coupe of miles and evaluated all of the basics. If the applicant passed he/she would drive back to the center with the sup in the jump seat; if not, the roles were reversed.

It would make zero sense to send the applicant for a DOT physical if he/she fails the road test.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I have no idea what the restrictions are. I do know that driver applicants are in the jump seat while the supervisor/trainer drives to the road test starting point. The sup then gets out, the applicant shifts to the driver's seat and the evaluator gets in the jump seat. The road test for my former center was a coupe of miles and evaluated all of the basics. If the applicant passed he/she would drive back to the center with the sup in the jump seat; if not, the roles were reversed.

It would make zero sense to send the applicant for a DOT physical if he/she fails the road test.
Your statement in bold is where you should've stopped.
Your underlined statement is a bit backwards.

If, the applicant is not allowed to drive a commercial vehicle on public thoroughfare without a DOT medical card it is a huge liability for the company if they would be involved in an accident while driving.
The PUCO investigator here has told us this.

If, using your analogy, the applicant passed a road test and then failed the DOT exam could the applicant then drive a commercial vehicle over 10,000 lbs gvw?
You know the answer to that question and we've had people fail the DOT exam here.

A person may be able to physically drive a commercial vehicle over 10,000 lb gvw or even improve to the point of capability but you won't be driving one if you fail your DOT test.

Almightyzvy

Lol let me straight it all out. I passed my road test today. Was in a regular automatic PD car. I have no dot physical. Took the truck around the Bronx through Harlem and back to the hub. Got docked 30 points total for not checking mirrors as much, steering(right turns) I was squaring the truck but Sup docked me for it and forgetting to take off ebrake which sucked lol because the ebrake was so weak I didn't even notice it on. 3 point contact lol. Other than that tho did just fine.

Again I still have no DOT physical and expect them to send me on Monday to get it.

MAKAVELI

Lol let me straight it all out. I passed my road test today. Was in a regular automatic PD car. I have no dot physical. Took the truck around the Bronx through Harlem and back to the hub. Got docked 30 points total for not checking mirrors as much, steering(right turns) I was squaring the truck but Sup docked me for it and forgetting to take off ebrake which sucked lol because the ebrake was so weak I didn't even notice it on. 3 point contact lol. Other than that tho did just fine.

Again I still have no DOT physical and expect them to send me on Monday to get it.
Didn't you have a medical card to drive a straight truck?

Poop Head

Judge me.

Did you holla at any hoes? I got docked points cuz we drove by some prime booty, but i didnt honk or yell anything.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yeah I did but it's been expired since February and never renewed it. The didn't really care tbh as long as I had a license I was good to go
:bsbullf:

Yeah, you "straightened it all out".
Hit someone/something on the public right of way, injure anyone while you're behind the wheel of a commercial vehicle over 10,000 gvwr without a DOT medical card and see who "straightens it all out".
smh

Routecrusher69

hey guys new to brown.. hired off the street as 22.4 combo driver at the hub on 180 Canal Pl in the Bronx. Going for my road test on Saturday, any tips would be helpful.
manager said once i pass road test ill do dot physical right after and then start by next week. im sure i can pass road test, have been driving 26' straight trucks for a while so i should be okay with the PD cars.

any tips for road test?
also how is the hub at 180 canal pl for those of you who work there?
any advice would be great thhanks
Just to let you know driving a straight job is much easier work than a package car.. the truck is bigger but you’re not climbing in Ana our 200-300 times a day with a ton of stops having to remember a full route and cover