Hiring and Retaining Quality Employees

Exec32

That's why the talk of x going all part time is crazy. Never work ever
As they shift more volume to ground it will. Next will be an entire transition for ground to become express, stiff the contractors who have no recourse, establish a lower wage pool through ground that X will be glad to take back with little fight and all the glory.
Many disagree and I respect that. Just understand this will take some time.

Gone fishin

As they shift more volume to ground it will. Next will be an entire transition for ground to become express, stiff the contractors who have no recourse, establish a lower wage pool through ground that X will be glad to take back with little fight and all the glory.
Many disagree and I respect that. Just understand this will take some time.
Well If that is the plan then Fred's cashing in his chips and calling it quits. No way that comes close to working,but I respect your opinion

Exec32

Well If that is the plan then Fred's cashing in his chips and calling it quits. No way that comes close to working,but I respect your opinion
Fred's been cashing his chips the entire time he's been skirting the law. Now he will be protecting those chips, and still make a considerable amount of money with a transition and starve of any more damages.
I'm a contractor, I hope I'm wrong, but existing pressures and the preservation of his brand will prevail more than likely.
If I was the boss the plan would of been implemented years ago,, you know about the time they started preaching about their new cost saving measures at express...
It's hard to even conceive this, but I bet its not the first inconceivable thing X has done

whenIgetthere

I actually had a manager tell me yesterday that the reason my station has such a high turnover is because there is basically no public transportation at our station. RFLMAO!! Really?? That's the best y'all can come up with? Lack of PT never was a hinderance before now. How about because the pay and benefits suck?

They tried to tell us that, too. Problem is, the bus stop is directly in front of the station, literally a 75 foot walk to the gate!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They tried to tell us that, too. Problem is, the bus stop is directly in front of the station, literally a 75 foot walk to the gate!
Yeah, when he told me that I pointed at the bus stop in front of my building. Then he asked, Do you know how infrequently that bus runs? Nope. Don't know and don't care.

My station has been in this location for over 15 years. Why all the sudden is limited PT a problem? You mean it has nothing to do with forcing PTers to a T-S schedule? Or not giving handlers a raise two years ago. Or possibly cutting minimums for handlers? Or any other issue FedEx has come up with to screw us???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
but....but I thought FedEx had industry leading pay and bennies......was I misinformed somehow??? o_O

Your attitude is very bad, and you're misleading all of these fine employees here about their industry leading wages and benefits. I prescribe a gallon of Kool-Aid per day, and a Costco hot dog. You'll be fine in a month or so.

dex 84

What raise? I was told no raise.

You were told wrong. We're hurting for employees bad enough right now that I don't think they would risk playing any games with our pay.

The retirement wave is picking up steam and I expect there to be some trouble replacing the original group of career fedexers who are on the way out.

MassWineGuy

I'm very glad to be wrong. Are raises decided district to district?

Just so I understand, FedEx Express employees were notified that they would get raises in October?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm very glad to be wrong. Are raises decided district to district?

Just so I understand, FedEx Express employees were notified that they would get raises in October?
Yes, we are getting raises in October. Raises are company wide. How much you get will depend on the market level you're in, and the step level you at.