Hiring and Retaining Quality Employees

dex 84

Was there an actual announcement released by FedEx re: raise? When?

October is the month for the raise. Nothing too concrete yet about how much this year's raise will be but multiple managers have hinted that it is likely going to be along the lines of what we got last year.

It doesn't matter to me though. They're only now doing the right thing now that they're losing employees left and right and the economy is starting to pick back up. I'll take my chances with the rest of the economy, Fedex has earned no loyalty from me...

swinginthewind

We were told an initial 3%, then look at what "step" you're at. If you're just above say step 4 being 19.05, and you're at 19.35, you get bumped to step 5. But if you fall a penny short of a step after 3%, you'd be stuck at the step below. Seems like some will get boned...

BootsOnTarmac

Keyword: HRONLINE under US compensation look for FY17 pay actions. When this is posted you will know. Probably mid-September. Your manager may know sooner, but this will be the Official announcement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stop being a :censored2: Dave. Rubbing salt in the wound. I have a coworker that left to ups after 20 years to start over. Does that sound like he'll be able to bump his 401k?

It was an honest question. I am sure that there are some of you who have taken care of your business and will be able to put away whatever raise that they will be getting.

McFeely

Huge Member
How many of you are planning on bumping up your 401k's by the amount of the raise?

I'll bump it up some, but not the full amount of the raise. Last year my raise was 6% and I bumped up my 401k contribution by 2%. Every time I get a raise, I increase it somewhat.

Whatever else I manage to get from a raise goes into liquid savings for things like car repairs, vacations, house stuff, etc. It's amazing how good at budgeting/saving one can get when you don't make a lot of money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I make a bit more than you but am also very good at budgeting/saving.

15% to my 401k, $30/week to UW, $50/month to a 529, $600 extra per month toward the principle on my mortgage and whatever extra I can put in to my Roth IRA.