Hiring and Retaining Quality Employees

McFeely

Huge Member
I make a bit more than you but am also very good at budgeting/saving.

I'm not anywhere close to shelling away as much as you, but doing the best that I can and increasing my saving as I can. A layoff at a previous job a few years back taught me some of the best lessons about work/life/saving/budgeting that one could ever ask for. You never realize how much money you blow on crap until you suddenly don't have that job anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not anywhere close to shelling away as much as you, but doing the best that I can and increasing my saving as I can. A layoff at a previous job a few years back taught me some of the best lessons about work/life/saving/budgeting that one could ever ask for. You never realize how much money you blow on crap until you suddenly don't have that job anymore.

It was tough going from two incomes down to one and my 401k took a major hit but I am back to where I need to be.

overflowed

I won't be around to see it but I hope everyone gets a decent raise. I just no longer trust anything they have to say about raises or anything else.

Right now most local labor markets favor the employer allowing the employer the opportunity to hire whoever he wants under whatever terms he chooses. maybe most but in our area every street you drive down there are help wanted signs everywhere. I know people that walked into places and they were breathing and could form sentences got hired on the spot. out area the pay rates suck for anybody just starting. our whole pm crew has almost completely rolled over in no time at all

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I happened to look in JCATS this week and noticed that my station has 19 open positions! I've never seen anything like that. I'm in the suburbs of a major city. The station there has 25 openings. Guess those raises must have pissed some people off.

Purplepackage

I happened to look in JCATS this week and noticed that my station has 19 open positions! I've never seen anything like that. I'm in the suburbs of a major city. The station there has 25 openings. Guess those raises must have :censored2: some people off.

If my station had 19 openings it would be over half the staff of the entire station

It will be fine

Are you sticking in the transportation field or going elsewhere?

I always wanted to get my cdl B and drive dump trucks but never made the move
There's a guy around here that bought a few dump trucks to get people the CDL A experience to drive at fedex. I've talked to his drivers about it. They said sometimes it's not bad but it can suck. They have a lot of time sitting and waiting. If you want to drive dump trucks go for it. Nothing stopping you.