Hmm Crossing over to fedex express?....

MassWineGuy

I've worked nearly two years as a pt courier just north of Boston. I'm paying $149/month for health insurance for me and my family. The deductible is about $1,400; total out of pocket about $4,800. Per person, per year, but with a fixed not multiplied total. Aside from preventive visits and procedures, which are free, I pay 30 percent of office visits, etc.

There is a much more expensive plan, but the only differences I see are that you pay 20 percent and might have slightly less deductibles.

Dental is good, has a $2,000 annual limit.

Word from mgt is that there will be no raise this year. With Fx doing so well, it's hard to conjure a rational explanation. I'm going to ask the senior manager just to see what they've dreamed up as an excuse.

Despite this, on balance I like my job and those I work with. I like my managers. I am not the chief bread winner in my family, but what I earn helps.

Like many things, I think that location matters greatly. I really like my station, but your mileage may vary.

UPS drivers work much harder for a lot more money and the best benefits plan in the universe. Of course, no benefits at all in your first year, which is cruel and insane. Just don't get sick or hurt, ok?

Let us know what happens.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What if someone called your wife a :censored2:? How would you feel about that?
You aren't married. Why do you care?

And if I remember correctly, you called and insinuated about my wife in a few cruel and unflattering comments. Do you think it bothered me to where I would cry?

You pick and choose who and what battles you fight. I've noticed you usually pick on the ones who won't give it back to you.

Now if someone said something about your kids, you've got a point. But your ex wife? That's a stretch unless you wish you were still married to her. Then that would explain it

McFeely

Huge Member
Of course, no benefits at all in your first year, which is cruel and insane. Just don't get sick or hurt, ok?

Is this new? I'm a relatively new courier and I had health/dental as well as 5 sick days available to use. I also had my 2 personal and 2 floating holidays to use.

My only beef with my first year in the company was that I was not eligible for MAPP payout (but nobody told me that I wouldn't get it) and that I didn't get ANY vacation other than those floater/personal days.

MAKAVELI

Is this new? I'm a relatively new courier and I had health/dental as well as 5 sick days available to use. I also had my 2 personal and 2 floating holidays to use.

My only beef with my first year in the company was that I was not eligible for MAPP payout (but nobody told me that I wouldn't get it) and that I didn't get ANY vacation other than those floater/personal days.
He's talking about UPS.

BootsOnTarmac

Strange. After 90 Days you are eligible to accrue vacation days during the year as well as sick days. You don't get 1 week vacation and 5 sick days at the start. They are based on your date of hire and the fiscal year. Your first year in the company (Express) did in fact include vacation days. Maybe somebody will correct me, this was my experience when I was hired.

vantexan

Strange. After 90 Days you are eligible to accrue vacation days during the year as well as sick days. You don't get 1 week vacation and 5 sick days at the start. They are based on your date of hire and the fiscal year. Your first year in the company (Express) did in fact include vacation days. Maybe somebody will correct me, this was my experience when I was hired.
It's relative to when you were hired. I got rehired in late November years ago. That's 6 months into the fiscal year so by end of fiscal year in May I had accrued one week of vacation which I could take on any available week in the next fiscal year. If I had been hired on June 1st I would have accrued 2 weeks in my first fiscal year. Vacation is accrued in fiscal years, not calendar years.

BootsOnTarmac

Yup, my hire date was August 31st and I was able to accrue some vacation and sick days before June 1st of the following calendar year. But that was many years ago, not sure how it is now.