Hoffa, Hall and O'Brian in Chelmsford

kingOFchester

Hall and OBrian were very good in Phiily today listening to hall I think he is the right man to lead our negotiations

I agree. I was impressed. Hoffa, not so much. Not that I have a problem with him, heck,,,,I shook his hand, just that he seemed a bit tired. Hall seemed more energized and well spoken.

stink219

Hall and OBrian were very good in Phiily today listening to hall I think he is the right man to lead our negotiations

I agree. I was impressed. Hoffa, not so much. Not that I have a problem with him, heck,,,,I shook his hand, just that he seemed a bit tired. Hall seemed more energized and well spoken.
Hoffa isn't going to know much about every aspect of our contract. He is the figurehead for the political side of our union. I'll refrained from the importance of that. Hall is an extremely smart dude. I had the chance of speaking with him when he was down our union hall. Amazing individual. Sean O'Brien is another guy that is brilliant. I know for a fact that management run when he walks into a building.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
O'Brien (my mom's maiden name) quote in Philly Saturday "Failure in not an option" We need to stay the course and get behind our leaders and get a good contract.

Philly Rally.jpg
Philly Rally.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I thought maybe you "felt this thrill going up your leg" when Hall and O'Brien were speaking. :wink2:
Not really ! But all kidding aside they made sense .We are not asking for anything unreasonable and given the companies initial offer they( the IBT) felt it important to take it to the masses for support which I believe they have .Again we are not a union representing public workers taking from the taxpayers we are workers for a largely sucessful company and as contributors to that success we would like to have a good contract not the give backs they( UPS) are asking for.

kingOFchester

Good question, his wording leaves something to be desired in that regard. You also notice that he said UPS wants to cut our benniess by 20-25% ontop of the 90 a month?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Good question, his wording leaves something to be desired in that regard. You also notice that he said UPS wants to cut our benniess by 20-25% ontop of the 90 a month?
That is an important point to pass on not only do they want us to pay $30K over a 5 year contract for a family plan but lessen the plan and increase our deductibles .Take that away from your pay and you will be making less that you did under the last contract while the company gets fatter!!!

stink219

hall is very impressive. So are they pushing for raises for just new part timers or all part timers?
It will be both. That is why I've always said, the starting wage is less important than the progression of the part timers. Would you rather start high with moderate top out or start low with a high top out? I started at 8 bucks an hour in 1995, I made 90k last year for a wage and 36k in my health and pension. I didn't matter much if I was 10 bucks back then. My eye was on the full time gig.