Hoffa, has no clue and not even listening

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I just don't think you realize the difficulties in making everyone receive everything they want. It's funny how the people close to union activities can understand yet the backseat drivers can't.
THe union shouldn't be about individual needs, so your first sentence is probably why I disagree with the majority of your union-oriented posts. And why Hoffa/Hall will never fulfill any of their promises.

stink219

THe union shouldn't be about individual needs, so your first sentence is probably why I disagree with the majority of your union-oriented posts. And why Hoffa/Hall will never fulfill any of their promises.
Shouldn't be. But is. Yet look at the contract and supplements. Lots of individualistic points. Do you know how hard it is to satisfy 240,000 UPS employees?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
"While real compensation in America has declined over the past ten years, Hoffa & Hall have managed to negotiate contracts for FT UPSers that yield only $13 in hourly raises, meager increases in pensions and a whopping $400 deductible to continued no-cost health insurance. Ask Hoffa if our raises have totaled only $4 more than the average 10-year Walmart employee earns, how are we suppose to pay for food on our table at a fancy restaurant?"

benefits_cut.jpg

paid for by the committee to elect kingOFchester IBT president

benefits_cut.jpg

kingOFchester

I just don't think you realize the difficulties in making everyone receive everything they want. It's funny how the people close to union activities can understand yet the backseat drivers can't.

Not talking about giving everyone want they want. We were discussing the issue of Hall not even listening to one of our brothers. We also digressed to the fact that you can't admit that Hoffa isn't perfect. He may of been the best choice, but in this posters opinion, far from what I think we need.

You are OK with Hoffa/Hall not addressing the troops when our contract will be extended indefinitely. When our contract could be pulled within 30 days. I am not OK with that. It lacks leadership.

stink219

Not talking about giving everyone want they want. We were discussing the issue of Hall not even listening to one of our brothers. We also digressed to the fact that you can't admit that Hoffa isn't perfect. He may of been the best choice, but in this posters opinion, far from what I think we need.

You are OK with Hoffa/Hall not addressing the troops when our contract will be extended indefinitely. When our contract could be pulled within 30 days. I am not OK with that. It lacks leadership.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Hall not listening to any of our brothers? Beyond healthcare, this contract was a slam dunk everywhere. Thats been said all over this forum.

Am I ok with Hoffa/Hall not addressing the troops? Yes. Did you not know the ramifications of NO vote? I love how people can have an uprising, change the dynamic of a contract and then complain that we aren't running back to the table. Do you think UPS is the only barn they deal with? Talk about being a selfish union brother. Do you even know why they keep our contract out of the limelight?
But look on the bright side, at least people get to keep their healthcare a few months longer.

smart girl

Well apparently they realized something. The last 2 weeks they have been in talks with the Blues to get a insurance package which is exactly or one that more resembles the one we have. They are under no illusions about what needs to be done to get 18 passed. And they also know the funding must be 5 yrs out.

stink219

Well apparently they realized something. The last 2 weeks they have been in talks with the Blues to get a insurance package which is exactly or one that more resembles the one we have. They are under no illusions about what needs to be done to get 18 passed. And they also know the funding must be 5 yrs out.
And watch, there will still be many pissed off people. Some are just filled with hate all the time. They think everyone is out to screw them at every turn. And you are correct about the health care talks. Good job (that is a sincere compliment). But be careful with that info, people will go nuts with speculation.

kingOFchester

Where do you come up with this stuff? Hall not listening to any of our brothers? Beyond healthcare, this contract was a slam dunk everywhere. Thats been said all over this forum.

Am I ok with Hoffa/Hall not addressing the troops? Yes. Did you not know the ramifications of NO vote? I love how people can have an uprising, change the dynamic of a contract and then complain that we aren't running back to the table. Do you think UPS is the only barn they deal with? Talk about being a selfish union brother. Do you even know why they keep our contract out of the limelight?
But look on the bright side, at least people get to keep their healthcare a few months longer.
on lunch using my phone so can't pick apart your post. Just wanted to address where u ask me "where do I come up with this stuff". Then you say said he doesn't listen to any brothers. Never said that. Said the brother in the video. So I ask where do u come up with this stuff???

BrownBrokeDown

Shouldn't be. But is. Yet look at the contract and supplements. Lots of individualistic points. Do you know how hard it is to satisfy 240,000 UPS employees?

You said it all. I still believe supplements and ryders should be burnt. It just helps promote the "as long as I get mine, I don't give a $h!t about yours" attitude.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

This contract is riddled with concessions, aside from healthcare being reduced for those with superior benefits instead of those with less being brought up.
The part timers have once again been left behind.
New hires won't receive the same inadequate wage increases as the rest of the part time employees.
A 4 year progression? It was 2 years before the last contract.
9.5 language has gotten progressively weaker and hasn't improved.
We have heard countless stories of drivers on the 9.5 list that are being paid the penalty rather than being dispatched properly.
It's obvious that the company doesn't mind paying an extra 1/2 time for an hour or two rather than hire more drivers.
In the Central Region, language has been added to give the company flexibility to use part timers to deliver ground packages.
An already vague and damaging discipline article, 17i, has been partially defined giving the company the right to discharge employees for what they consider to be "safety violations" without as much as a warning.
I don't see a slam dunk for anybody but the company and the desperate for participants Central States Healthcare Fund.

oldupsman

And watch, there will still be many pissed off people. Some are just filled with hate all the time. They think everyone is out to screw them at every turn. And you are correct about the health care talks. Good job (that is a sincere compliment). But be careful with that info, people will go nuts with speculation.

Those talks have been an open "secret" around here since they started. There's no speculation. Everybody knows what they want. Same as they had before.

stink219

Those talks have been an open "secret" around here since they started. There's no speculation. Everybody knows what they want. Same as they had before.
UPS will be out of the picture. It will be similar yet not the same. And the talks are not secret but the speculative info surrounding them will be.

kingOFchester

Stink. Getting a little tired of you bashing those who voted no. Instead of supporting them for exercising their right to vote and voicing their opinions, you call us names. Calling us selfish. Is that what your arguement has come to? Just throwing insults at people who disagree with you.

stink219

Stink. Getting a little tired of you bashing those who voted no. Instead of supporting them for exercising their right to vote and voicing their opinions, you call us names. Calling us selfish. Is that what your arguement has come to? Just throwing insults at people who disagree with you.
I wasn't calling NO voters selfish. I said "union brother" not brothers and sisters. So I was referring to you as selfish. Don't try your TDU propaganda spin on me. I eat, sleep and breath their tactics. Fact is, go through my posts, I never bashed NO voters. Single people, guilty.

kingOFchester

I wasn't calling NO voters selfish. I said "union brother" not brothers and sisters. So I was referring to you as selfish. Don't try your TDU propaganda spin on me. I eat, sleep and breath their tactics. Fact is, go through my posts, I never bashed NO voters. Single people, guilty.

I don't align myself with the TDU. Nice try. I have read here on BC where you have have called others things like selfish. The people you bash are the no voters. It would be like you coming on here and bashing gay people one by one. Then when someone calls you out on it, you say I don't bash gays, just single people.

I stand by what I said. I am tired of you bashing those who voted no. You have a real hard time comprehending. I wish you luck.

You have a lot of hostility towards TDU, perhaps that is why you can't see the shortfalls with Hoffa/Hall. I will say it again, I think they have done a lot of good. I think they have given us good raises in a down economy. But they have fallen short here and there.

I am going to ask you not to continue to call me childish names and make claims of what I stand for. You do not know me. Can't have an intellectual debate when one of the parties just throws out malicious, incorrect and uncalled for labels. It may help if you try debating with rational comments rather then emotional comments. Stick to the facts Stink, who knows, you just may win an argument.

stink219

Your not paying attention. How many times have I said Hoffa was the best we were offered? How many times have I said that I don't agree with all his moves. I've even gone as far to say he plays very little in our negotiation. I love how you used emotional words like "gay" to prove a point. Weak.

smart girl

I'm willing to bet they may have an idea now...

Come on Stink your going to ruin our Banter with kindness like that and then they will have us sleeping together on the rumor mill.