Hoffa is already selling us out.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We get over $36 an hour, we don't pay for our healthcare like the rest of the world, pension increases for plans that requested them, and a bunch of other changes. Doesn't seem like we are completely distraught. I like Sean and think he would have done a GREAT job. I have to trust that DT will do well for us as well or I will vote no. Having said that, the idiots that have been saying "Vote NO" since 2013 are insane. Since 5 years ago , they have been screaming to submarine this Contract when nothing had even been discussed yet. This was because of healthcare that is pretty good and voted in by a majority of the country or so they say. Lunacy
"We" don't get $36/hr, or free health care, actually those who do are the minority at UPS. (I actually just satisfied my $200 annual deductible, which is unprecedented in my 32 years at UPS)
The majority who do make tops full time scale, frequently toiled for upwards of a decade for part time scale and a 4 year progression to realize what you represent as commonplace.

Most, the vast majority of UPSer's, don't make close to $36/hr and wait a year for benefits.

"We", who the Company terms as "industrial athletes" themselves, absolutely deserve top shelf/no cost healthcare, despite what the rest of the country gets.
Let's never forget, UPS was and is, recording record profits while successfully garnering many concessions.

Blast away all you want at the people who stood up and took notice of the latest in a string of concessionary contracts negotiated by the IBT with UPS.
They continue to clamor, and I say why wouldn't they until they know that they have been heard?

It's time guys like you look past your noses and start paying it forward, like the Teamsters of the past did for us.

Last edited:

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
"We" don't get $36/hr, actually those who do are the minority at UPS.
The majority who do, frequently toiled for upwards of a decade for part time scale and a 4 year progression to top scale

Why would any driver complain about there pay rate? It's $25 an hour starting rate at my location. That's more than most firemen, police officers, and paramedics. Your job is not harder, more stressful, or more valuable than any of those professions.
You don't need a college degree, so you're not paying tuition, and in many locations UPS has tuition reimbursement. If you're sick of having to toil as a cover driver or roughing in the warehouse, then you should probably find something easier to do like folding shirts at Target.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
`
Why would any driver complain about there pay rate? It's $25 an hour starting rate at my location. That's more than most firemen, police officers, and paramedics. Your job is not harder, more stressful, or more valuable than any of those professions.
You don't need a college degree, so you're not paying tuition, and in many locations UPS has tuition reimbursement. If you're sick of having to toil as a cover driver or roughing in the warehouse, then you should probably find something easier to do like folding shirts at Target.
I wasn't finished with that post, hitting the enter key by mistake when I spilled a few drops of salad dressing on the keyboard while eating lunch.
Please read what was added.

A job at UPS, over time is way harder on your body, taking a greater toll on your back, joints, and general physicality than any of the professions you referenced.
Even if they were parallel, I don't subscribe to the notion of trying to bring someone up, by bring someone else down.

In the end, you can take your "job at Target" comment and shove it up your front-side, because I have over the past 32 years, earned every penny, privilege, and benefit afforded us through our collective bargaining agreements with a wildly successful company.

It was fought for by generations of Teamsters before me, who paid forward, rather than make snide, stupid comments inferring we should take what is offered or go elsewhere.

I stand with those who are still saying "NO", until there is something to say yes to.

Btw, starting rate here $18.75/hr for a driver.

Last edited:

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Your premise is incorrect. Are you telling us that everybody in our union makes $36 an hour, our (union) retirees are paying for their healthcare coverages. Did the 2013 contract provide everybody with pension increases who submitted proposals? I am one of those (idiots) who still remembers how that concessionary contract was forced down our throats and am very sane. You are correct on actually seeing what the final contract will read, like you I hope for the best no matter who is on the committees. Our healthcare is good considering that the company has to pay over 1600 dollars a month per union member and the majority of the country was roughly about 18 percent of those eligible to vote (only 30 percent turned in a ballot).

Not all the employees make $36 but have that opportunity through seniority. The feeder drivers make more. The Combo jobs make a couple bucks less than drivers. The part time employees make the least but have upward chances if they choose.

Most retirees, non company, don't have medical coverage across the country which is why most of them work until well past social security. We have options. The Union can only request payments on their behalf because the Union no longer represents them when they retire. If I'm not mistaken, this was only the 2nd contract with retiree benefits in it. Additionally, all others that had retired years before were allowed to participate in the plan.

The pension plans that requested additional funding because of the PPA were given what they asked for from my understanding. Some plans may have asked for lesser amounts and a couple asked for none.

I would love it if more would vote but I don't control that. All I control is my vote and I will do that according to how the contract affects me.

BrownMonk

"We" don't get $36/hr, or free health care, actually those who do are the minority at UPS. (I actually just satisfied my $200 annual deductible, which is unprecedented in my 32 years at UPS)
The majority who do make tops full time scale, frequently toiled for upwards of a decade for part time scale and a 4 year progression to realize what you represent as commonplace.

Most, the vast majority of UPSer's, don't make close to $36/hr and wait a year for benefits.

"We", who the Company terms as "industrial athletes" themselves, absolutely deserve top shelf/no cost healthcare, despite what the rest of the country gets.
Let's never forget, UPS was and is, recording record profits while successfully garnering many concessions.

Blast away all you want at the people who stood up and took notice of the latest in a string of concessionary contracts negotiated by the IBT with UPS.
They continue to clamor, and I say why wouldn't they until they know that they have been heard?

It's time guys like you look past your noses and start paying it forward, like the Teamsters of the past did for us.

I started where everyone else started, the bottom. I voted to strike in 97 and stood out there so I have always looked forward. I had suggested long ago that we take care of the part timers wages and wrote numerous proposals at our Locals meetings. I voted to take less raise for myself to allow that to happen a couple contracts ago while most of the part timers didn't even participate because it was the right thing. I participate in many of the events in the area along with my Local. I vote every election and speak to politicians about my/our concerns. I have been paying a deductible since my introduction to the company. I don't like longer progressions or waiting for benefits but it is a reality of the day. 1950 is over.

i took my head out of the sand years ago.

SolidWoodPanel

`

I wasn't finished with that post, hitting the enter key by mistake when I spilled a few drops of salad dressing on the keyboard while eating lunch.
Please read what was added.

A job at UPS, over time is way harder on your body, taking a greater toll on your back, joints, and general physicality than any of the professions you referenced.
Even if they were parallel, I don't subscribe to the notion of trying to bring someone up, by bring someone else down.

In the end, you can take your "job at Target" comment and shove it up your front-side, because I have over the past 32 years, earned every penny, privilege, and benefit afforded us through our collective bargaining agreements with a wildly successful company.

It was fought for by generations of Teamsters before me, who paid forward, rather than make snide, stupid comments inferring we should take what is offered or go elsewhere.

I stand with those who are still saying "NO", until there is something to say yes to.

Btw, starting rate here $18.75/hr for a driver.

So what do you want? Sure wages should increase across the board. I like the benefits as they are. That includes healthcare, vacation, personal days, discounts, etc.

I do think they should hire more cover drivers. Or not even hire outsiders, but allow the people who work in the warehouse, and have passed integrad, to maybe pick-up 2-3 hours a few days a week driving. That'll give them experience, and give some relief to the older drivers, or people who just want to get home by dinner or be with their families. We've got like 7 or 8 guys waiting in line at the warehouse that would probably jump on that opportunity. It could be structured more like an apprenticeship in regard. They can learn a bit of the routes, and not be overwhelmed.

BrownMonk

Part time air drivers and saturday air driving was the training tool. The new saturday ground stuff is killing the pool of people that have an understanding of the system.

SolidWoodPanel

Part time air drivers and saturday air driving was the training tool. The new saturday ground stuff is killing the pool of people that have an understanding of the system.
We don't have that problem, yet. Saturday driving is maybe a 2-3 hour shift. It's not even worth it for me.

F

Frankie's Friend

We get over $36 an hour, we don't pay for our healthcare like the rest of the world, pension increases for plans that requested them, and a bunch of other changes. Doesn't seem like we are completely distraught. I like Sean and think he would have done a GREAT job. I have to trust that DT will do well for us as well or I will vote no. Having said that, the idiots that have been saying "Vote NO" since 2013 are insane. Since 5 years ago , they have been screaming to submarine this Contract when nothing had even been discussed yet. This was because of healthcare that is pretty good and voted in by a majority of the country or so they say. Lunacy
More than half your post has nothing to do with whst i posted. Grandstand on.
The members all get $36 per hr snd free insurance too boot. Your lost.

F

Frankie's Friend

The healthcare has changed numerous times over my 30+ years and people have screamed every time. Benefits are negotiable every time the Contract comes up. There is always limited info on the benefits when we vote for it since back in the 80's. You could always ask your Local to put you in a Local Taft Hartley Plan or the Western Plan(like 177) if you have such an issue. There are numerous plans and I suspect you will hate all of them.
Speaking of lunacy. ^

F

Frankie's Friend

I don't like longer progressions or waiting for benefits but it is a reality of the day. 1950 is over.

i took my head out of the sand years ago.
Why was your head in the sand dude? That smacks of lunacy.
Uh, the "reality of the day" is what you allow to be reality. Please explain what 1950 has to do with this. You werent even born then.

F

Frankie's Friend

Not all the employees make $36 but have that opportunity through seniority. The feeder drivers make more. The Combo jobs make a couple bucks less than drivers. The part time employees make the least but have upward chances if they choose.

Most retirees, non company, don't have medical coverage across the country which is why most of them work until well past social security. We have options. The Union can only request payments on their behalf because the Union no longer represents them when they retire. If I'm not mistaken, this was only the 2nd contract with retiree benefits in it. Additionally, all others that had retired years before were allowed to participate in the plan.

The pension plans that requested additional funding because of the PPA were given what they asked for from my understanding. Some plans may have asked for lesser amounts and a couple asked for none.

I would love it if more would vote but I don't control that. All I control is my vote and I will do that according to how the contract affects me.
Btw we werent crying about wages (ft wages) we were angry about the way the ibt played the game with the healthcare, offering us the junk C6 plan knowing they were going to better it and letting two whole regions vote on our heathcare plan but werent subject to get it themselves. Its all a game. People are jacked up and the vote count in the last election shows it so quit smearing jelly over poop because its still rotten underneath dude.

F

Frankie's Friend

You post like your speaking for every supplement, rider, and local. You have your vote. Vote it. Idk how you vote. But the "reality of the day" is that the dirty dealings and backdoor tactics of the last cba performed by the existing ibt leadership is still fresh in "idiots and lunatics" minds. That issue you cannot bury with any amount of degrading statements or posting rain showers of bliss.

A

Article 3

We keep on hearing what is "on the table".

Is that a code statement? What is off the table now?

Can't we get any "info" from anyone besides tdu with about 20 weeks to go?

A

Article 3

So what do you want? Sure wages should increase across the board. I like the benefits as they are. That includes healthcare, vacation, personal days, discounts, etc.

I do think they should hire more cover drivers. Or not even hire outsiders, but allow the people who work in the warehouse, and have passed integrad, to maybe pick-up 2-3 hours a few days a week driving. That'll give them experience, and give some relief to the older drivers, or people who just want to get home by dinner or be with their families. We've got like 7 or 8 guys waiting in line at the warehouse that would probably jump on that opportunity. It could be structured more like an apprenticeship in regard. They can learn a bit of the routes, and not be overwhelmed.
More part time employees covering package car driver routes all year round? Running "partials"? Another concession.

How about for the operations that have more than 10% of their full time package car drivers on the 9.5 list being forced to add another full time driving opportunity in package?

Full time jobs should be the target not expansion of the part time cannibalization of full time work. That's a puncture in a bag of marbles that never gets smaller.

(I see now that you can't post the words "a" and "hole" simultaneously without getting a sensor? Thanks USNY.)

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We keep on hearing what is "on the table".

Is that a code statement? What is off the table now?

Can't we get any "info" from anyone besides tdu with about 20 weeks to go?

As I previously noted, contract negotiations are a fluid situation. Things change.

The IBT has put out more info than the goofballs at TDU.

https://www.browncafe.com/community...rd-round-of-ups-contract-negotiations.376600/

You're not going to get a "play by play" update of everything said.

Sit back and relax. This isn't the IBT's first time.

-Bug-