Holding on to yesterday

P

pickup

I remember fighting with my family for the TV when the Wonderful World of Disney came on. I was so stoked that they would have cartoons at 7:00 pm that I thought it was the best thing since curb feelers!

yeah, most of the times, short cartoons , cartoon movie and sometimes a regular movie that would have to be continued into the next week

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

for all you boston fans, that there avatar is a picture of Mookie Wilson running the basepaths while Bill Buckner seems to be having a hard time with a ground ball, probably happened in a meaningless exhibition game, so no harm.

BILL BUCKNER DID NOT LOSE THE '86 WORLD SERIES!!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
maybe we should call you "TV Stevie" (say it outloud , it rhymes) I remember when I was young, like let's say 5 or so. I would have my bath at 600 oclock on sunday night. Get out and dried around 6:25 and watch Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom thinking that all the wild animals they showed were in this magic land of Nebraska. This is due to all the insurance commercials inserted by the sponsor that mentioned Nebraska. And then the payoff : The wonderful world of Disney at 7:00 and afterwards bed.
I'm like that guy from HBO's Dream On, series, everything has a TV reference. Funny that you and I have parallel lives. You, my friend, may be the Bizarro me, LOL.:wink2:

for all you boston fans, that there avatar is a picture of Mookie Wilson running the basepaths while Bill Buckner seems to be having a hard time with a ground ball, probably happened in a meaningless exhibition game, so no harm.

Don't worry, upstate, practically no one outside of Boston/Plattsburgh remembers the year 1986.:knockedout:

P

pickup

oh, was that picture from a world series game? Oh, gee, sorry !:surprised:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

And Bucky Dent never hit a home run:greedy:

P

pickup

I'm like that guy from HBO's Dream On, series, everything has a TV reference. Funny that you and I have parallel lives. You, my friend, may be the Bizarro me, LOL.:wink2:

Don't worry, upstate, practically no one outside of Boston/Plattsburgh remembers the year 1986.:knockedout:

Me believe me am bizarro version of stug ( preceding stolen from bizaripedia):

Powers and abilities

Main article: Powers and abilities of Superman
Bizarro has similar powers to Superman, which include superhuman strength, speed, durability and flight. The Pre-Crisis Bizarro's abilities were the same as Superman's until he was hit by a meteorite which reversed his powers: such as freeze vision (as opposed to heat vision); flame breath (as opposed to frost breath); X-ray vision that can only see through lead; microscopic vision that decreases the size of objects; "x-ray hearing" and "spotlight vision". [6] Under the light of a blue sun, Bizarro also gains amplified powers and "Bizarro vision", which creates a Bizarro duplicate of the target. [7]
Bizarro is weakened by blue kryptonite, which affects him in the same manner as green kryptonite affects Superman. Yellow sunlight has also been shown to weaken Bizarro

me am feeder
me hate riding bike
me no run
me live in colder climate
me no married
me no have kids
me no like boat cruises
me no like yankees

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Me believe me am bizarro version of stug ( preceding stolen from bizaripedia):

Powers and abilities

Main article: Powers and abilities of Superman
Bizarro has similar powers to Superman, which include superhuman strength, speed, durability and flight. The Pre-Crisis Bizarro's abilities were the same as Superman's until he was hit by a meteorite which reversed his powers: such as freeze vision (as opposed to heat vision); flame breath (as opposed to frost breath); X-ray vision that can only see through lead; microscopic vision that decreases the size of objects; "x-ray hearing" and "spotlight vision". [6] Under the light of a blue sun, Bizarro also gains amplified powers and "Bizarro vision", which creates a Bizarro duplicate of the target. [7]
Bizarro is weakened by blue kryptonite, which affects him in the same manner as green kryptonite affects Superman. Yellow sunlight has also been shown to weaken Bizarro

me am feeder
me hate riding bike
me no run
me live in colder climate
me no married
me no have kids
me no like boat cruises
me no like yankees
pickup = GUTS:wink2:

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
TV shows;

Swat
Thats incredible
Wide World Of Sports
This Week In Baseball
Leave It To Beaver. Remember when Eddie would go up to Wally's room and start pounding on the beaver?

This Week In Baseball is still on. I watch it every Sunday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Leave It To Beaver. Remember when Eddie would go up to Wally's room and start pounding on the beaver?"

noogie time !! :happy-very:

DS

Fenderbender
In the old days...life was so easy
heroin.JPG

ups1990

Do you guys recall, when the whole counrty stayed up one Sunday night to watch, "The day after." It was probably 1982 or 1983. It was difficult going to sleep that night as a child.

P

pickup

Do you guys recall, when the whole counrty stayed up one Sunday night to watch, "The day after." It was probably 1982 or 1983. It was difficult going to sleep that night as a child.

Yeah, I remember that one with Jason Robards. The cockroaches were still going strong after the explosion.

Dustyroads

Do you remember those white with brown printing delivery notices that we used back in the old days before the invention of the sticky note? They had a little perforated signature card on the bottom. And, they had nothing on the back which made for a great grocery or to do list.