Holding on to yesterday

P

pickup

I have almost every superman comic from about 1965 to 1985..all mint
any buyers?I have no one to leave them to,nobody cares.
I might as well sell them .

"Kryptonite no more!" (he'll get it, others may not.) If I bought them ,I would probably read them until the condition of the comics became poor. Hold on to them until you have to sell.

P

pickup

Hank AAron HR champ {still} pickup -AGREED!!!
guys who hit 30 /35 homers every yr without juice all cool!![/QUOTE]

and a team usually had one of these 30/35 homerun guys and if they were lucky, maybe a couple of other guys who contributed 18-20 homers each. Scored runs meant so much more than they do today. A 5-3 game was considered a high scoring game and a failure of both starting pitchers. Now if you give up 3 runs in an eight inning outing , you're probably 2nd to the ace of the pitching staff. And because runs were hard to get, bunting to move players over was a skill that most players had. Now, few players know how to bunt! I always thought part of Joe Torre's skill as a new york yankees manager was that he did have a national league small ball mentality when he got hired on. Over the years as manager, that emphasis on small ball fell to the side with a consequent emphasis on the homerun to cure things. Works great in regular season but postseason oppositional pitchers managed to shut down that option.
Remember baseball pre 199(?) strike. Before, first place meant something and everything. No wildcard. If your team was 10 games out of first by july. You traded a couple of guys and brought up the young kids and waited for next year. Sure , I guess the wild card brings some excitement but now every team is in it and as a result, they don't do the things to change a team but stay pat and hence have the same fundamental problems the next year. I remember when the mets ,st louis cardinals and the cubs were in the same division vying for that coveted 1 st place. Now cubs and cardinals are in the central division and no longer part of the met rivalry for all intents and purposes.

sexyupsman

Funny how we hold onto obsolete terms.
How often do any of you actually "sheet" packages?

Need to sharpen your pencil?

I use a pencil every single day

Have you listened to Coldplay's new record?

Didnt even hear the first one

Need some giddyup in this car

Now thats gay

Put that milk in the icebox

Not from Illinois, Minnesota or Michigan

Turn the channel on the TV

I am sure somebody has basic cable

What are some other outdated terms?

Where is the beef?
Dont have a cow man!
Who let the dogs out?
Do you have any Grey Poupon?
You got chocolate in my peanut butter, you got peanut butter in my chocolate!
Never had it, never will.
When it absolutely has to be there...
Have it your way
The incredible edible egg
We've come a long way baby
I had a headache this big...
What can brown do for you?

fethrs

burts.jpg I found another one but hes in his bday suit.
burts.jpg

Sammie

Actually it was Mary Ann who I wanted to be on a deserted island with.

Upstate, I was thinking you'd say Paris and her sister...

Give me Macgyver on a deserted island. Who cares if there's any food to eat? We could watch endless reruns of Gilligan on a TV made of bananas and coconuts and he could catch fish with a stick of gum and dental floss.
If not, I'd find some use for him... :wink2:

Ms.PacMan

I don't think anyone mentioned my favorites...

HR Pufnstuf with Witchypoo and Creature Feature (especially the movies with quick sand!)