Holding on to yesterday

P

pickup

How come nobody has yet mentioned the Green Hornet with Kato and Batman with Adam West. Anybody remember when they fought? Kato kicked Robins A**!!

I used to speed through my homework and was disappointed when the show ended after only a half hour.
Did you know that Tim Reed was related to the Lone Ranger. He is the great nephew of the lone ranger (the same man created both heroes) . Green Hornet's father was Dan Reid which is the same name of the lone ranger's nephew. I think Dan Reid got the silver mine(the one from which the silver bullets came from)and the money went into starting a publishing empire that Tim Reid(green hornet) controls. two side kicks , tonto and kato, two syllable names that end with a "to". Pretty cool!

P

pickup

I bought this show for my kids-they love it. Also bought Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

the creators of these show also gave us "far out space nuts", the "lost saucer", "land of the lost", "lidsville", "bugaloos" etc. With the exception a few shows, the premise of being lost and trying to get back home was the theme

And before there was ginger or mary ann, a lot of men remember this hot babe as the first one that caused curious stirrings. Yes none other than Martha Raye .

Last edited by a moderator:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
loved Vic Morrow,what a tragic death getting decapitated by helicopter shooting a new Twilight Zone movie> Speaking of Hotties his daughter Jennifer Jason Leigh aka Stacy Hamilton ,Fast Times At Ridgemont High.... remember the mall scene.. that was hot >>>>

BigBrownSanta

The Bee Gees OMG please tell me you are kidding!!!

You're kidding right? How old are you?

Sorry, not a big Beatles fan.

I just saw the bell bottom looking pants, the cream-colored suit and the first thing that came to mind was Bee Gees. I shoulda known better though, since covemaster does not come across as that kind of guy.

I'll shut up and go sit quietly in the corner now.

P

pickup

What about Star Trek and good ole Captain Kirk?

show still holds up even with shatner's wooden acting.

What about morning , afternoon , and evening editions of newspapers? This is before television expanded their news hours and before the internet (obviously). Now these same newspapers have one edition and are struggling to compete in an environment where people can and do get their news off the internet.

P

pickup

What about Star Trek and good ole Captain Kirk?

What about what shatner was doing in the 70's? This is an example of what the priceline.com commercials were capitalizing on about 7 years ago.

This is not for the faint of heart and yes, he was deadly serious in his interpretation. I tried to find his rendition of Mr. tambourine man, couldn't find one with him performing it.

What about what shatner was doing in the 70's? This is an example of what the priceline.com commercials were capitalizing on about 7 years ago.

This is not for the faint of heart and yes, he was deadly serious in his interpretation. I tried to find his rendition of Mr. tambourine man, couldn't find one with him performing it.

YouTube - William Shatner performs "It Was a Very Good Year"
I'm not too sure William Shatner was ever serious about much of anything in his life. He indeed has a very strange sense of humor.

sexyupsman

One of my favorite shows as a child was the Sid & Marty Kroft Saturday Morning Show. Dr. Shrinker, Electro Woman & Dina Girl, Bigfoof & Wildboy, Far out Spaced Nuts! The Groovey Ghoulies! Liddsville! Plasticman! Captain Caveman! Superfriends! G-Force! Johnny Soko & his Amazing Giant Robot! I wish I was a kid again!