Home buying

Its_a_me

UPS offers the best kind of program to be a home owner. If You stick around long enough and become a RPCD you make enough to afford a great home.
But you'll never be home to enjoy it M-Friday. And your wife will have a special friend that visits those days. But she'll wait to serve you papers until you file your retirement papers. Seen it more than a few times in my building. The other scenario I see is waiting until the kid turns 18 or leaves for college.

It's not just an odd situation: it happens constantly.

Its_a_me

imagine being so dumb you think not paying into your 401k for 5 years is a great move.
If there is 0% match like there is at UPS on the teamsters 401k and you look at the fees they charge then actually it is a great move to do your own self-directed RIRA or IRA at a low cost provider like Vanguard.

401k's at UPS are awful. 0% match is a big no-no. 401k admin fees are a complete rip off.

If there is 0% match like there is at UPS on the teamsters 401k and you look at the fees they charge then actually it is a great move to do your own self-directed RIRA or IRA at a low cost provider like Vanguard.

401k's at UPS are awful. 0% match is a big no-no. 401k admin fees are a complete rip off.
The fees on a 401K plan are most non-existent

rod

Retired 22 years
But you'll never be home to enjoy it M-Friday. And your wife will have a special friend that visits those days. But she'll wait to serve you papers until you file your retirement papers. Seen it more than a few times in my building. The other scenario I see is waiting until the kid turns 18 or leaves for college.

It's not just an odd situation: it happens constantly.
I suggest you don't become a RPCD then.

these are people that probably buy cars with 25% interest rates man. You can’t explain stuff like that to them.
Honestly the fees on my 401k plan for one year is probably about as much as one case of beer would cost me.

People do not understand they do not match the 401K because they pay into a pension plan.

Yes you have any options but the 401K is an easy thing to set up to be automatically deducted from your paycheck and as you get raises that's more money that goes into your 401k every year

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
these are people that probably buy cars with 25% interest rates man. You can’t explain stuff like that to them.
Ready?
1659725904107350.jpg