Home buying

SLW

Do the Teamsters (or UPS for that matter) offer any kind of benefits for home buyers? I feel like the AFL-CIO used to have something, but I couldn't find anything to that affect anywhere for us.

nWo

There's probably better programs out there. I would check with your local credit union.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS offers the best kind of program to be a home owner. If You stick around long enough and become a RPCD you make enough to afford a great home.

trickpony1

UPS offers the best kind of program to be a home owner. If You stick around long enough and become a RPCD you make enough to afford a great home.
....and what you REALLY don't want to do is run around telling everybody, especially management, that you bought a new house or a new car or a new airplane.

The less management knows about you, the better.

Secretly helping.

Thebrownblob

....and what you REALLY don't want to do is run around telling everybody, especially management, that you bought a new house or a new car or a new airplane.

Secretly helping.
you’re right, Unfortunately most members put everything they do online for everyone to see.

Up In Smoke

Not a great time to be buying a house. Prices are still sky high and interest rates on the rise makes renting until things settle out a much better option. We are seeing an increase in HUD sales hitting the market with the expiration of 2 and 5 year ARM's. The next 3 to 5 years should shake out a lot more of the ARMs and balloons. Save your money and be ready when the housing market pulls back. I don't see another 2007-2008, but there will be buying opportunities at reduced prices.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Not a great time to be buying a house. Prices are still sky high and interest rates on the rise makes renting until things settle out a much better option. We are seeing an increase in HUD sales hitting the market with the expiration of 2 and 5 year ARM's. The next 3 to 5 years should shake out a lot more of the ARMs and balloons. Save your money and be ready when the housing market pulls back. I don't see another 2007-2008, but there will be buying opportunities at reduced prices.
You will own nothing and be happy.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Secretly helping.
Unless you paid in cash and wanna flex in front of the dickwad C.M. after you come back from a suspension.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Buy yesterday or wait for a significant windfall of completed construction. Most deals will likely be found in multifamily units. It makes sense if you think of it from a loan debt angle. There are no group loan programs for these units and lenders hate condo conversions.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Any kind of dip in housing prices will see large groups (Blackrock) swoop in and buy up all available single family dwellings.
Mostly urban areas I'd presume.