homeland security

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Democrats have already moved to empower the IRS to prevent you from leaving the country if they feel they haven’t confiscated enough of your money:
The provision is part of Senate Bill 1813, which was introduced by Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) in November and passed by the Senate on March 14 “to reauthorize Federal-aid highway and highway safety construction programs, and for other purposes.”
Those “other purposes” have come to include a little-known amendment recently introduced by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that would allow the State Department to revoke, deny or limit passports for anyone the Internal Revenue Service certifies as having “a seriously delinquent tax debt in an amount in excess of $50,000.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
I keep hearing Terry Bradshaw saying, "Ain't I purdy?"

[h=1]Janet Napolitano Signed 'Stand Your Ground' Law for Arizona in 2006[/h]
Napolitano_Shotgun.jpg

contributor-80x100-awrhawkins.png
[h=2]Amid Democrat attempts to use the Trayvon Martin shooting as a means to push for the repeal of Stand Your Ground laws, it’s been interesting to note how many Democrats have a past that includes support for them.[/h]For example, on April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP], I had a post on Big Government that highlighted how former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, a Democrat, used her Current TV show to lambaste Stand Your Ground laws, and to blame Republicans for the existence of such laws in the first place. However, as I showed, the dirty little secret is that Granholm signed Michigan’s Stand Your Ground bill into law in 2006.
Now it’s been discovered that an even more prominent Democrat, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, signed Arizona’s Stand Your Ground bill into law while governor of that state in 2006. And it’s important to note that Napolitano didn’t sign the bill half-halfheartedly, rather, she even countered anti-gunners’ opposition in the signing. According to the Arizona Daily Star:
[Gubernatorial spokeswoman Jeanine L’Ecuyer] said Napolitano, a former state and federal prosecutor, concluded the measure would not cause the harm that foes contend it would. “She believes in the fundamental right of self-defense,” L’Ecuyer said. “And the law still requires the defendant to be in imminent peril of death or serious physical injury.”
The NRA heaped praise upon Napolitano for signing the bill as well. And they issued a special press release to explain that the bill Napolitano had signed was actually a combination of Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground legislation (making it especially deplorable to gun grabbers):
[The] bill has two components: One is Castle Doctrine, which presumes you are justified in the use of force if you believe you are in danger of serious bodily harm or death within your home or occupied vehicle. The second and most significant component is the return of the burden of proof in self-defense cases to the state, so law-abiding citizens who are forced to actually use their firearms or other means of protection for self-defense will not be wrongfully imprisoned or financially devastated by costs associated with their legal defense. They will once again be presumed innocent – consistent with the American system of justice.
The bottom line: It would behoove current Democrats to do a quick records search before continuing their denigration of Stand Your Ground laws as a solely Republican initiative. For it is pretty evident that some prominent Democrat governors are among those who’ve recognized the value of honoring Americans’ right to keep and bear arms as well.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
From your Breitbart article (how did he die, btw?):

[The] bill has two components: One is Castle Doctrine, which presumes you are justified in the use of force if you believe you are in danger of serious bodily harm or death within your home or occupied vehicle. The second and most significant component is the return of the burden of proof in self-defense cases to the state, so law-abiding citizens who are forced to actually use their firearms or other means of protection for self-defense will not be wrongfully imprisoned or financially devastated by costs associated with their legal defense. They will once again be presumed innocent – consistent with the American system of justice.

Yep, the perp is in my home or vehicle, I can defend myself. I can't hunt him down on a public street for no reason, other than 'looks funny'.

Talk about marginalization of your argument, geesh.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From your Breitbart article (how did he die, btw?):

Yep, the perp is in my home or vehicle, I can defend myself. I can't hunt him down on a public street for no reason, other than 'looks funny'.

Talk about marginalization of your argument, geesh.
Who hunted who ??? That's the unknown.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Who hunted who ??? That's the unknown.

Apparently only one person was armed. I would call that person the hunter.

There may very well be more to the story, but even a lily white like yourself would have to admit that it ain't easy being Black in America.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TSA runs as well as the post office.............the gov't isn't good at running things. Privatization might work.

Oh, which reminds me......yesterday I got a bill that was addressed to someone in N.Y......not even close!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
EXCLUSIVE: DOES THIS GIRL LOOK LIKE A TERRORIST? - The Daily

For 8 years of BUSH, all we heard was homeland security, homeland security, blah blah blah....terrorists this, terrorists that, terrorists were always looking for ways to harm america and take over airplanes....TSA was then created to protect us from the evil terrorists who were cooking up plans to harm us.

Now, you have extra scrutiny and you all want to complain.

Cmon. Aircraft security is a necessity. We dont know who or what is planning to do anything. Yes, she doesnt fit the profile of a crazy muslim, but nobody knows who the next terrorist will be. WHO was on the lookout for Timothy McVeigh before he blew up the federal building?

Oh yeah, nobody.

Get over it. You want to fly? get there early and go through the process and shut the heck up. As during the BUSH term, after the worst terrorist attacks were committed during a complete republican controlled country, all we heard was BUSH kept us safe.

Well, you can extend those thanks to President Obama for an additional 4 years of safe flying.

DONT LIKE IT? TAKE A BUS.

PeAce.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
I want security.......but we need profiling!!! To much tippie toe political correctness....which translates as no balls.

While they search a 4 year old or a wheelchair bound grannie, a guy with a rag on his head , dark complexion walks right by.

Good old gov't run .....agents taking payment for drugs to pass through and if you pay enough, they would pobably let a bomb through......all here at LAX..............

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I want security.......but we need profiling!!! To much tippie toe political correctness....which translates as no balls.

While they search a 4 year old or a wheelchair bound grannie, a guy with a rag on his head , dark complexion walks right by.

Good old gov't run .....agents taking payment for drugs to pass through and if you pay enough, they would pobably let a bomb through......all here at LAX..............

Give us a break. FEAR FEAR FEAR>... rags on head? Seriously? Did the hijackers on 911 have rags on their heads?

Of course not. But RHETORIC packaged to you as fear convinces you that the future terrorist will have a rag on his head, and in your mind, its unlikely, some WHITE right wing kook would plant a gun or device on a child and take it onboard an aircraft.

AS to LAX, so far, the only person caught trying to get a GUN on board an aircraft was a republican legislator. GO FIGURE.

PeAce.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Give us a break. FEAR FEAR FEAR>... rags on head? Seriously? Did the hijackers on 911 have rags on their heads?

Of course not. But RHETORIC packaged to you as fear convinces you that the future terrorist will have a rag on his head, and in your mind, its unlikely, some WHITE right wing kook would plant a gun or device on a child and take it onboard an aircraft.

AS to LAX, so far, the only person caught trying to get a GUN on board an aircraft was a republican legislator. GO FIGURE.

PeAce.

TOS
Don't downplay the drugs being paid for to get through security.....6 or 7 TSA are facing 40 years in prison.....that's not just "a couple of knuckleheads" like your leader calls them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
April Statistics On Airport Screening From The Department Of Homeland Security:

Terrorists Discovered

Transvestites

Hernias

Hemorrhoid Cases

Enlarged Prostates

Breast Implants

Natural Blondes

It was also discovered that all 535 Congress representatives had no balls

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually, logistics-wise, it would be the below post not the above post........and it was funny as hell !!! Get your giggle on !!!

wkmac

Here are the latest results from TSA body scanning.
August Statistics On Airport Screening From The Department Of Homeland Security:
Terrorists Discovered

Transvestites
Hernias
Hemorrhoid Cases
Enlarged Prostates
Breast Implants
Natural Blondes

(It was also revealed that 535 members of Congress had no testicles.)

Same response doth apply!