Homeless and struggling

Mtg15

Honestly i was in your position and stayed in a shelter for a couple months. I just kept telling myself its going to be a good story to go from being homeless to making 90k a year. Luckily i found a decent paying second job that was cool with my hours at ups and i made it clear upfront ups is my career so they will come first. That’s the good thing about pre load it gives you the whole rest of the day to work and if for some reason you can only find jobs in the morning see if your hub will let you transfer to nights there. I get not wanting to move either first you have four years already so it would not be the ideal time to start again if you were to move the best time would be as soon as you have ft seniority. Also 72% of people live in or near their hometo so your not strange for not wanting to move.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I've been a sorter for UPS for almost 4 years now. I dont mind the environment and the people are great. But recently my family (mother, grandmother, and i) were evicted from our property and have been homeless since early February. After spending a month in a motel I couldn't afford it anymore luckily my cousin was willing to take us in but for a short time. I feel so lost and unsure about when I'll ever get back on my feet. Just as things seem to be going ok everything falls apart again. My car has just broken down so now I have no transportation for myself nor my family. I've exhausted as many resources as I can to find some type of housing for us but no luck.. especially in LA. If anyone has any tips or renting anything out for under 1,500 please I'm desperate. I cant lose my car that's my only way of getting to work but it'll cost everything I have to fix it. I'm the only one with income and I'm trying my best to keep us afloat..
I don’t know if you’re still homeless. If you mean LA like Los Angeles I know of a homeless shelter in Long Beach. It’s called Long Beach Rescue Mission. I used to volunteer there. I remember one of the guys who lived there got a job and he’d pay like $100 a month for rent. Granted this was 4 months right before the pandemic messed everything up. Obviously there’s rules you gotta follow in there, but for now I’d bite the bullet and save what you can while in there.

rickyb

I've been a sorter for UPS for almost 4 years now. I dont mind the environment and the people are great. But recently my family (mother, grandmother, and i) were evicted from our property and have been homeless since early February. After spending a month in a motel I couldn't afford it anymore luckily my cousin was willing to take us in but for a short time. I feel so lost and unsure about when I'll ever get back on my feet. Just as things seem to be going ok everything falls apart again. My car has just broken down so now I have no transportation for myself nor my family. I've exhausted as many resources as I can to find some type of housing for us but no luck.. especially in LA. If anyone has any tips or renting anything out for under 1,500 please I'm desperate. I cant lose my car that's my only way of getting to work but it'll cost everything I have to fix it. I'm the only one with income and I'm trying my best to keep us afloat..
live in a van and park at apartments

make sure no one can see inside ur van.

or rent a small basement