Homeschool kids

cachmeifucan

I work with a kid that was home schooled and as soon as he told me he was home school everything clicked in my head why he's a little slow. Nice kid but strange and lacks confidence

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
A lot of people are doing that now. They probably get a better education but miss out on socialization. They need to be involved in activities with other kids to replace what they would have gotten from schools.
If the resources would have been available when we raised our kids, we would have done it.
Until we were able to send them to a private school, most of what of our time was spent with them unlearning what they learned in public school about socializing.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have a lousy public school system then home schooling is a very viable alternative. Far cheaper than private school and fairly easy to do.

oldngray

nowhere special
I encourage you to check it out. By your comment, it's been a while. it's a lot different now.

It has been a few years but not that long. I was referring to people who might do the bare minimum. All the state cares is the kid learns enough to pass tests and the books you need only cost a few hundred dollars. A lazy parent might do that and nothing more.

oldngray

nowhere special
You grand

how about when deciding on where to live the school system should be near the top. I'd rather live in a small house in good school district then a big house in da hood
Living in a fancy neighborhood is not an option for everybody. And generally rural districts outperform while spending a lot less per pupil so its not just about throwing money at the problem.

cachmeifucan

You think your helping the grandkids but unless 1 parent has a degree in education then I doubt they getting a well rounded education. Probably learning math and reading but certain things you can only learn in the hallways. When your grandson can't find a wife because he is strange and no confidence you know why

oldngray

nowhere special
You think your helping the grandkids but unless 1 parent has a degree in education then I doubt they getting a well rounded education. Probably learning math and reading but certain things you can only learn in the hallways. When your grandson can't find a wife because he is strange and no confidence you know why

I heard Asian brides are really cheap now.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I'm dying over here.
Geez.
You are one strange dude. Again, I ask. How many homeschoolers are you basing your opinion on?

cachmeifucan

Living in a fancy neighborhood is not an option for everybody. And generally rural districts outperform while spending a lot less per pupil so its not just about throwing money at the problem.
I live in DuPage county. But they have apartment and affordable housing with great school it's called a choice people choose to stay in horrible area. Every child gets a computer here and he gas his own.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I live in DuPage county. But they have apartment and affordable housing with great school it's called a choice people choose to stay in horrible area. Every child gets a computer here and he gas his own.
Buddy. No one is trying to tear you down.
If You want your kids in the school system, more power to you. No one here is saying that is the wrong choice for your family.
But pretending it is the only valid way is just silly.

cachmeifucan

I'm dying over here.
Geez.
You are one strange dude. Again, I ask. How many homeschoolers are you basing your opinion on?
What kind of education does the parent who is homeschooling have? If that parent got a education then they should be using it to provide a better quality of life. 2 parents working is better then 1. So when the kids go to college what will the parent who's been at home 18 years do for a living work at Walmart

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
It has been a few years but not that long. I was referring to people who might do the bare minimum. All the state cares is the kid learns enough to pass tests and the books you need only cost a few hundred dollars. A lazy parent might do that and nothing more.
That goes the other way more often I believe. The definition of lazy has changed for me.
Parents that think everything their kids are getting on an educational level as well as a social level is all good at the neighborhood school.
Many of them are the same ones who unload the kids as early in the morning as they can and pick em up as late as they can, prop them up with a microwave dinner and their cell phone until they go to sleep on the couch.